Author Topic: Para Para for 2008?  (Read 5611 times)

Offline totemo_oishii

• Bunnygirl
Para Para for 2008?
« on: September 30, 2007, 08:27:31 am »
(I hope this is the right place to be posting this...)

I've always been curious about para para dancing, and was sad to see there wasn't any this year. I remember seeing it at Kcon 06...

Thanks ~~!  ;D

Offline gemineye42

• Sailor Scout
Re: Para Para for 2008?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2007, 01:05:42 pm »
Usually Brownie brings a copy to the con, but she was rushed this year and forgot. It's japanese-only and requires a PS2 zoned for Japan, and I don't think there's even an arcade version in existence in Oregon. Hopefully we'll have it next year, and I am also working on getting machines for Guitar Freaks and Dance Maniax.
I can has cheezburger?

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2007, 09:18:02 pm »
There's Para Para patches and charts available for StepMania.  After my 4-panel, DMX, and 5-panel cabinets, that's the next cabinet on my list.  I probably won't be able to get all 4 of those built by next year unless my business really takes off, but if I have one by mid-august 2008, we can plan on bringing that in.  I'm gonna have to get a truck for all my gear anyway, so it would just make more use of the room I'd already be paying for.
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline totemo_oishii

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2007, 06:13:45 am »
Awesome! Thanks to the both of you for the info.  :D I'm excited to give it a try.

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2007, 08:18:08 pm »
I'm so happy! I missed Para Para this year~
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2007, 08:44:50 pm »
Me too.  It's my 4th favourite way to look really gay. :D (first is DMX, second is kissing boiz, third is figure skating)
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline TsukikoAiko

• Chibi
    • The Guilty Brigade
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2007, 11:40:02 am »
I was worried when I didn't see it this year since I got hooked in 2006. It's great to hear it'll be coming back.
Sakuracon 09- A.B.A or S-ko, Subaru, & Sophitia
Kumoricon 09- Guilty Gear, Who knows, & SECRET!!!

THE GUILTY BRIGADE COSPLAY GROUP!
http://www.myspace.com/guilty_brigade

Offline gothicadam

• Sailor Scout
    • www.myspace.com/velvetdreams11
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2007, 04:56:27 am »
We used to have para para paradise at a restarunt near me but then they got rid of it all of sudden....i miss that machine.

Offline AnimeMatrix

• Chibi
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2007, 12:12:58 am »
We used to have para para paradise at a restarunt near me but then they got rid of it all of sudden....i miss that machine.

Man, if you said that the machine was still there, I would've asked where it was so I could play. I think Para Para is alot of fun. There are also some really good You Tube videos about Para Para dancing.

Now if they ever combined Para Para with DDR, you'd have the ultimate-otaku-weight-loss-plan ^_^.

Offline gothicadam

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2007, 04:49:37 am »

Man, if you said that the machine was still there, I would've asked where it was so I could play. I think Para Para is alot of fun. There are also some really good You Tube videos about Para Para dancing.

Now if they ever combined Para Para with DDR, you'd have the ultimate-otaku-weight-loss-plan ^_^.

lol it was in va(my state)XD but they took it out and idk where they put it, man that machines been around the area alot too because it was downtown and then in my area i was like wow

Offline AnimeMatrix

• Chibi
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2007, 05:19:23 pm »

lol it was in va(my state)XD but they took it out and idk where they put it, man that machines been around the area alot too because it was downtown and then in my area i was like wow

Lol- well, that sucks. I don't think I could fly to VA anytime soon. Oh well- I'll just have to find the home version, I guess.

Offline gothicadam

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2007, 05:40:34 pm »
Flying cost way too much money thats why im taking the bus over to OregonXD