Author Topic: Dealer Room  (Read 4886 times)

Offline cawhitepdx

• Oni
Dealer Room
« on: September 04, 2004, 11:19:32 pm »
So how is the dealer room?  I am thinking about coming down just for that if there is a lot of good swag there..  (well, not just that but it would push me over the edge.)

In particular I see that RJP Pro is an exhibitor and I really want that Under17 Live DVD they have been selling at cons.  Anyone pick that up yet?

Thanks!

Offline EvilMonkey

• Founder
  • Catgirl
    • http://evilmonkeysean.livejournal.com
Dealer Room
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2004, 01:43:36 am »
There should actually be Dealer's Room only passes available tomorrow for people that are ONLY wanting into the dealer's room.  Dealer's Room passes are $5, and are good from the time you enter the line, until you exit the dealer's room.  After that, we strongly encourage people to take their merchendise to thier cars or houses to keep the hallways and lobbies free from loitering otaku.
~Sean Larson~

Offline zenix

• Chibi
Dealer Room
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2004, 11:25:16 pm »
i was really happy with the dealer room not much gundam seed and not many booths but it is only its second year so im not that bothered other than that i loved it

Offline Shinpachi

• Oni
Dealer Room
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2004, 01:33:20 am »
Well it was good for getting anime on VHS cheap, and maybe some odds and ends knick knacks, but alas no Naruto forehead protectors or plushies (thought somebody would've been overstocked with them).  I got Eatman and Eatman 98 subbed for $40 total, I'd like to think it was a good deal.

Offline Oubeji

• Chibi
    • http://oubeji.deviantart.com/
Dealer Room
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2004, 08:14:13 pm »
There were lotta plushies and Naruto headband was for $40, the originals from Bandai. (Black w/ Konoha marking), I went in early on Sat.
It may have been sold out by the time you got there....
-A.I-

Offline Kei-Kei

• Chibi
Dealer Room
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2004, 08:19:47 pm »
The dealers room was good, although one of the booths I intended to go back to for the Gundam Seed cd's I saw was gone.

[size=9]"I laughed, I cried, I died; inside."[/size]

Offline tarock

• Sailor Scout
Dealer Room
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2004, 08:38:45 pm »
I thought the dealers room was very good.  
I got armitage poly matrix, and Rg veda (one of the lesser known clamp titles)  along with some other cool animes.  I also got a cool character design book for pretty sammy that is in japanese.  
I saw so many cool things.  I had trouble deciding on what to get.

I was however shocked to see some series that I thoughts were ecchi or hentai.  I am not at all interested in these things but there are a few series by name that I know are ecchi manga or hentai anime and avoid them like the plague.  
I saw two such series.  my eyes kind of bulgged when I saw them

but then sicne I am not interested in hentia or ecchi I coudl be wrong and those series could not be ecchi or hentiaish.

tarock

Offline Spork

• Sailor Scout
    • http://8bitoctop.us
Dealer Room
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2004, 08:58:41 pm »
The Dealer's room was decent.  I honestly thought that it was better (if only a little) at KumoriCon 2003.  But for such a small con, and such a young con, it was pretty good.  And I got my Zoro plush. Yay!
NO WEENIES!
"Go Going Merry, you're rippin up the Grand Line!"
"FRIED CHICKEN!!"

KumoriCon attendee since '03

Offline rarnom

• Chibi
Dealer Room
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2004, 09:23:51 pm »
Quote from: "Spork"
The Dealer's room was decent.  I honestly thought that it was better (if only a little) at KumoriCon 2003.  But for such a small con, and such a young con, it was pretty good.  And I got my Zoro plush. Yay!

I have to agree that the dealer room last year was better.  I only spent $5 this year and last year I spent around $80.  I missed that one seller I think they were called bestbuyanime.  Still, that one guy selling all those VHS tapes was the highlight of the dealer room.  

But hey, other than the dealer room, everything else was incredibly improved.
The trick is not minding.

Offline princessfrodo

• Catgirl
Dealer Room
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2004, 11:56:00 pm »
There wern't any yaoi doujinshi. ;-;
No, I'm not insane.  I'm just... happy.

Offline Zhalfirin

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.facebook.com/jephraux
Dealer Room
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2004, 12:21:29 am »
Does anyone know where you can find info on that singer, "Under17." Her voice went to lenths unknown to man and I forgot to pick up a dvd so I figured I'd just order...Gotta show that to my buds, though I brought that guy TONS of people to view his stuff once I told em ^_-, and damn I was really hoping I'd pick up a naruto headband as well...hopefully next year.
"Yojimbo - Grown in the lush hills of Columbia. And with that sweet mahogany flavor, you know it's good!"

Offline psyentific

• Cabbit
Dealer Room
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2004, 12:28:57 am »
Quote from: "Bishie_Catboy_Ninja"
Does anyone know where you can find info on that singer, "Under17." Her voice went to lenths unknown to man and I forgot to pick up a dvd so I figured I'd just order...Gotta show that to my buds, though I brought that guy TONS of people to view his stuff once I told em ^_-, and damn I was really hoping I'd pick up a naruto headband as well...hopefully next year.

CDJapan  has their CDs & DVDs, though I don't know where you'd find a fansite.[/url]

Offline Zhalfirin

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.facebook.com/jephraux
Dealer Room
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2004, 01:20:45 am »
Ahhh, awesomeness *bows down*
"Yojimbo - Grown in the lush hills of Columbia. And with that sweet mahogany flavor, you know it's good!"