Author Topic: (NOT DEAD YET) Munchkin Friday, would anybody be interested.  (Read 2913 times)

Offline vincent

• Cabbit
(NOT DEAD YET) Munchkin Friday, would anybody be interested.
« on: September 16, 2007, 11:06:44 pm »
Next Meet Up is the 9th!  6:00 at Backspace!

My apologies about lack of coordination, it's been kinda me full on working with random days off.  Still probably going to be like this, but I want to give this a shot.  I figure that this a day and time that would work, as well as a accessible place for mass transit and driving (though parking can be still troublesome :P, my suggestion would be to check the Park Blocks a few blocks away.)  If you're still interested, please do show up, I'll make sure that we'll have enough people to play.  And if anything, there's always Fluxx.

Hey everybody, I was wondering if anybody would be interested in a possible Munchkin Saturday event.  For those not in the know, Munchkin is a parody role-playing card game that spans across some genres.  Some examples are sci-fi, spy flicks and of course, kung-fu movies.  Lots of fun and easy to pick up.

Anyway, what I'm thinking of rigging up is one Saturday every 2-3 weeks, in some local card/game shop, or Backspace.  Pretty much any place to be able to relax and maybe buy something to drink/eat.  Saturday is a pretty ideal day, though if another day would work better.  Munchkin Saturday just sounds neat.  ;D  As for time, we'll have to work it out.  Anyway, if you're interested, do post, and I'll get more info out soon.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2007, 12:12:47 pm by vincent »

Offline TanisNikana

• Bunnygirl
Re: Munchkin Saturday, would anybody be interested.
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2007, 03:07:52 am »
KILL THE MONSTERS · STEAL THE TREASURE · STAB YOUR BUDDY on Saturdays!

I fully support the awesomeness of this idea. And there's a cardshop that's moar than willing to accept us, and possibly promote our event!

And there's always Uwaji nearby, for our otaku fix.

Offline leashy

• Catgirl
    • http://www.myspace.com/leashychan
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2007, 07:13:15 am »
Munchkins are also Doughnut Holes from Dunkin Donuts..

I wish we had those places here ;-;

Offline vincent

• Cabbit
Update on schedule.
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2007, 07:19:42 pm »
Munchkin Saturday might not be on Saturday.  I'm starting my new job next week, and I might be working on Saturday.  When I get my schedule, I'll get the schedule up.

Offline vincent

• Cabbit
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2007, 08:06:51 pm »
I don't know about my schedule yet, but we can work on getting a location settled upon.  My original plan was to have a meet-up at BackSpace downtown.  It's near the Max, decent seating, and Just Be is next door, for whatever reason that people would want Pocky.  Other suggestions are definitally open.  Though I wouldn't mind keeping it somewhere in the Portland area.  Though if a stellar place did come up, I would be persuaded to change where to meet up.  Actually, as long as it's along the Max Line, or has a transit station nearby with buses that run decently into Portland would be good candidates.

Anyway, for something kind of different, these are the days that might be able to work: Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday.  Maybe Friday.  Depends on school schedule also.  If any of those days doesn't work, do reply.

Offline vincent

• Cabbit
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2007, 10:59:53 pm »
Sorry for the lack of correspondence, have been busy with training for my sweet new job.  Anyway, from what it looks like, my schedule is one of those bouncy, random ones.  So, what I intend to do, is when I get my schedule for the upcoming week, I'll look what whatever days I get off or might work, and determine the best day.  If there's particular days you can't make it, do post them, or send me a message on AIM: mine is sgtpepp2125.  I'll try to work out something that works.  Want to get this underway.

Offline gemineye42

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2007, 10:00:08 am »
Hey Vincent,

I'll talk to Rainy Day Games in Aloha about Munchkin day. It's right off the max line and a very large play area, with a pizzeria next door, and a bakery shop. We may be able to get in on a Saturday or Friday night. I'll let you know when I hear back on their schedule availability.

-Morgan
I can has cheezburger?

Offline vincent

• Cabbit
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2007, 12:47:20 pm »
Hey Vincent,

I'll talk to Rainy Day Games in Aloha about Munchkin day. It's right off the max line and a very large play area, with a pizzeria next door, and a bakery shop. We may be able to get in on a Saturday or Friday night. I'll let you know when I hear back on their schedule availability.

-Morgan
Meeting at BackSpace: Sunday Oct. 13th: 6PM
Rainy Day Games is a cool place, but the only problem is that it's kind of hard to get to if you don't have a car, such as my situation.  There's a place over by Uwajimaya that might work, it's called Knightmare Games, they were pretty awesome.  If I get time, I might head over there and talk to the manager.  Another place that might work is Empire Games on 82nd and Powell, it's pretty awesome also.

Anyway, on to more important stuffs.  I actually have my schedule for this upcoming week, and I have Sunday and Wednesday off!  I was thinking that meeting up at Backspace on 5th and NW Couch would be nice.  Time would be 6:00P.M.

Reason I don't say Wednesday, is because I'm taking my girlfriend over to Fright Town later, so it would have to be sometime in the afternoon, and that might cause problems.

If you have any questions, feel free to message me or whatever.
-Rich