Author Topic: Subgroup/Club/Clique Roll call  (Read 3006 times)

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
Subgroup/Club/Clique Roll call
« on: September 12, 2007, 10:11:45 am »
All right guys, I've seen a lot of little gangs of friends running around the convention every year and now that we have some actual organizations forming I'd like to know just how many there are.

Back in 2005 I founded Pocky Club and Goggle Squad became a reality shortly after, before that the cosplay group Ninjas of the Night performed at 2004 and back in 2003 we had Bakazoku. Slightly Anime and Turk Coffee are names that I hadn't heard until this last year since I was oblivious. Who else do we have around here that has formed a lasting group among Kumoricon's attendees (and heck, sometimes staff)?

And no, I'm not talking about your nickname for your group of friends, I am talking about the groups that actually come together to do something. Even if it's just a once a year cosplay skit.

Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
Re: Subgroup/Club/Clique Roll call
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2007, 10:16:49 am »
Well, it's not my group, but I know there are The Anime Hunters (Yatta Cloud and Yatta Dante). They do skits and short little webisodes a few times a year. Hilarious guys, they held a panel at both Kumoricon and Sakuracon this year and last year also, I believe.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2007, 11:46:56 am »
I can't believe I forgot the Anime Hunters! They've been at Kumoricon since at LEAST 2005, even if they didn't use that name back then.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline gemineye42

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2007, 02:06:19 pm »
My club is called "Gaming Staff" cuz most of us never get to leave that room, so they don't know anyone else at the con XD
I can has cheezburger?

Offline majinekochan

• Catgirl
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2007, 02:18:33 pm »
I guess the "Creation Station" could be considered a sub-group, as there are tons of up that are actually involved in planning for the next con and we do travel to several different cons around the area.

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2007, 10:31:47 pm »
The Guilty Brigade? It was our first con together this year but we're planning on cosplaying together for future cons now ::{nods}::
Does that count as a subgroup? XD
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2007, 11:51:57 pm »
This is semi off topic..but I've always wanted to have a cosplay group..seems like group cosplays are pretty fun from the people I've talked to who do them..as long as everyone can get their costume done for the con <.<
2011 New Cosplay Plans: Boba Fett, Hoshi (Arakawa Under the Bridge), Malcolm Reynolds

Offline majinekochan

• Catgirl
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2007, 12:25:02 am »
This is semi off topic..but I've always wanted to have a cosplay group..seems like group cosplays are pretty fun from the people I've talked to who do them..as long as everyone can get their costume done for the con <.<

You're a Greed right? Wanna join the Devil's Nest group I'm putting together? I'm probably staff at SakuraCon though, who knows how much time i'll have, and I'm planning on Kumoricon as well. Oh and we have a battle date with the Turk Coffee group as well.

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2007, 12:40:42 am »
Ohh that would be neat! Definitely interested ^-^
2011 New Cosplay Plans: Boba Fett, Hoshi (Arakawa Under the Bridge), Malcolm Reynolds

Offline majinekochan

• Catgirl
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2007, 12:55:47 am »
Ohh that would be neat! Definitely interested ^-^

KK i'll keep you posted.

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2007, 06:53:59 pm »
Hell's Bloomers is the Lolita Gang (Alice, Victoria, Myself) that organizes the lolita panels and we're selling lolita things + anime/manga/etc in the dealers room next year aswell.

Offline totemo_oishii

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2007, 06:56:47 pm »
Uber Geek Wonder Squad?  ;D