Author Topic: MAID SQUAD  (Read 9627 times)

Offline EcchiSpice

• Chibi
    • www.dreamlandjapan.com
MAID SQUAD
« on: August 14, 2007, 11:14:43 am »
What is Maid Squad? Maid Squad is an all volunteer group devoted soley to making sure people waiting in line are comfortable. We bring people water, hold the line for five minutes if you need to use the facilities, direct you to the right person if you have a question, and otherwise make sure you are well taken care of in line.

Anyone, male or female, can join Maid Squad. All you have to do is be dressed in a maid outfit* at con. You can sign up now, or when you arrive. At con, you'll hold a sign with simple instructions like "Please form a line". Futher instructions will be given to you with your sign, so you won't need any training in advance.

For your efforts, you get priority seating at the event that you hold the line for! You can help out the con, and have the best seat in the house!

Please contact volunteers at kumoricon.org for more information, or reply to this thread.

*Lolita costumes are also allowed. The idea is to be a cute and helpful hostess or host.
You'll be loved, you'll be loved, like you never have known. When memories of me will seem more like bad dreams. Just a series of blurs, like I never occurred. Someday, you will be loved.

Offline totemo_oishii

• Bunnygirl
Re: MAID SQUAD
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2007, 02:13:55 pm »
Is this for all three days?

I have 2 cosplays planned, but I have a generic maid looking outfit that I can pull out for one day. : )

Offline EcchiSpice

• Chibi
    • www.dreamlandjapan.com
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2007, 11:53:27 pm »
Yes, it is all three days. You only need to be in costume for the event you are interested in getting the best seating for. So you could only be a maid for part of a day if you so choose.

These are the events where Maid Squad will be in attendance:
Opening and Closing Ceremonies
AMV's
Cosplay
Concerts
and
REGISTRATION!!

There may be other things, but we'll call it as we see fit at con. :)
You'll be loved, you'll be loved, like you never have known. When memories of me will seem more like bad dreams. Just a series of blurs, like I never occurred. Someday, you will be loved.

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2007, 06:27:28 am »
Wow,do people in Maid Squad just work the lines or do they also act as ushers?

Cosplay wants ushers....
<_<
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2007, 06:47:27 am »
 :)  Boy, Tom's quick on the draw. Yeah, cosplay would LOVE a bunch of kawaiiiiiiiiii maids as ushers.  :D

That reminds me.... Must make Maid outfit... must make maid outfit.  :D

Offline EcchiSpice

• Chibi
    • www.dreamlandjapan.com
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2007, 09:45:20 am »
If we have enough people sign up, they could act as ushers. As long as they get to their good seats on time. They would simply move from the line to the interior ahead of the crowd. I'll do what I can to move them in, but it really does depend on the numbers of interested maids/lolis.

btw - Andi, you would be soooo kawai as a maid! :)

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2007, 10:56:34 am »
Depending on my schedual I could help. I'm going to be in lolita the whole weekend and although I'm pretty busy Saturday afternoon with the lolita panels I think depending on when I get my hair/makeup done I could help with Opening Cerimonies that morning and on Sunday with the Cosplay Contest or with the Slants Concert if that's applicable.

Offline makichan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2007, 10:22:49 am »
I think I might be interested. I was planning on bringing a maid's outfit anyway soooo... but I want to check my schedule beforehand. I'll have to get back to you guys on this but it sounds like it could be fun >=P
"I like the way you fire that gun."
"Thanks. I like the way you take a bullet."

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2007, 10:40:27 am »
Okay! I'll do it. My friend Alice says that she'll help out too.

Offline EcchiSpice

• Chibi
    • www.dreamlandjapan.com
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2007, 10:46:35 am »
This really is a job that you can do when you feel like it. You won't have to do every line if you sign up, but being a Maid is a great way to get the best seat for an event you want to get into anyway.

We really need Maid Squad for registration lines. I hate to ask people to rise so early, but it will be a HUGE help. We might even do a special incentive for those who help out Saturday morning. Let me see what we can do.

fyi- I'll be in a special Maid Costume myself. :D (No spilling the beans, Gus.)

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2007, 10:55:06 am »
Again, depending on when i get my hair/makeup done I can help early Saturday morning. What time does the line start usually?

Offline EcchiSpice

• Chibi
    • www.dreamlandjapan.com
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2007, 11:45:04 am »
Excellent Question!

Saturday early....the line starts forming around 7. :P I won't need Maid Squad that early, I'd say around 8am would be good.

Also, Friday night we are allowing Pre-regs to check in. That starts at 7pm, so maids/ lolis around 6ish.

I'll see if we can get a better Maid Squad schedule once the main schedule is posted.

Thanks so much Neko, and all the people who have offered so far. Just drop by the volunteers desk when you arrive.

Offline Lin

• Catgirl
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2007, 12:04:03 pm »
I can help Friday night! Gotta go find a cute frilly apron!
Secrety secrets!

Offline Irate Beldam

• Chibi
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2007, 04:35:15 pm »
This sounds cuute &helpful. :3

Idk if I can help though, when would help be needed, & when does the con even actually start?
[/size]

Offline SailorMarsRocks

• Cabbit
    • My Myspace
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2007, 07:23:06 pm »
I'll be willing to help! I'll be in a punkish gothic lolita so I'll do what i can to help ^^
Kumoricon 2008-
Mihael Keehl (Mello)- Death Note

Possible Future Cosplay ideas- Karin(naruto), Misa Misa(DeathNote), Excel Excel(Excel Saga), etc

Offline Nroseseeer

• Cabbit
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2007, 02:03:12 am »
I would like to add my thanks to the ladies and gentlemen that will be assisting us during the convention (especially the Cosplay, which I am working too).

Arigato gozaimasu
"nothing is ever fool proof because fools are so ingenious..."
-anonymous

2007 Cos-play Stage Ninja
2008 Stage Manager/Ninja, Panelist
2009 Stage Manager, Charity Auction Manager

Offline Janice

• Cabbit
    • http://aleyed.deviantart.com
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2007, 06:50:53 pm »
I went to the mini-con and gave someone my e-mail about this, because I would love to help out, but I have no info about this yet.  I have a gothic lolita and a punk lolita planned, so I am totally up to help.  I think I signed up for the cosplay competition helping out. 

Offline laurifer

• Catgirl
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2007, 07:07:03 pm »
I can help! I'll be in a pretty generic frilly type dress thing for 2 days

Sig by me~~~

Cosplay for '08:
Probably none D:

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
Re: MEIDO DAN-TAI?
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2007, 09:58:08 pm »
Here's a photo off an anime fan blog I visit from time to time.
The blogger's acquaintance (who shot the photo) was shopping in Akihabara.

Also if you go to this site below, note the masks,
which is a cosplay product called 'A second face,' iirc.

http://www2u.biglobe.ne.jp/~k_naito/

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2007, 10:04:10 pm »
Sorry, but I fail to see what Kigurumi has to do with Lolita and or Maids.

Offline Lit_of_Fey

• Chibi
    • http://yuri-lawliet.deviantart.com/
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2007, 10:21:39 am »
I don't have the resources to do it this year but I'm assuming you're doing it next year as well? :D I would love to participate once I'm allocated closer to where this is all happening >_<

This is a fabulous idea :D
Someday...I'll get around to you.

Offline Nekochi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2007, 11:44:03 pm »
I'd be interested in helping with the cosplay contest line. However, I don't have a maid outfit or any lolita, but I will be dressed as a host club member's little brother on one of the days. Would that be okay? (I'm guessing pretty much anything Ouran counts? XD)

2008 cosplays:
Princess Mars from Sailor Moon
Lumina from Harvest Moon AWL/DS ?
Ouran High School Host Club Junior High Uniform

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2007, 11:55:18 pm »
Sorry, but I fail to see what Kigurumi has to do with Lolita and or Maids.
...because my previous post included a graphic called 'akiba.jpg.' which had a medio-type handing out flyers (or something similar, possibly T.P.) streetside in Akihabara. She happens to be wearing a kigurumi mask, which looks rather unusual. Oddly, when I hit this page in Linux using the Epiphany browser, I can see the photo in my previous post, but when I try it using IE from a different computer, the image is not visible....

So maybe you didn't see the attached photo. Gotta love this SMF system..

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2007, 10:33:00 am »
Oh yeah sorry. I run on IE and I couldnt see it Dx

Offline Lin

• Catgirl
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2007, 10:40:16 am »
I couldn't find an apron frilly and cute enough for my outfit so I went and made one! I am very pleased with it! ;D
Secrety secrets!

Offline ryan

• Oni
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2007, 08:05:21 pm »
I'll do it if someone supplies me the maid costume.

I'm 5'6 125 lbs so if you have a spare maid costume and want another volunteer send me a message

Offline cpardo

• Sailor Scout
    • Anime Web Turnpike
« Reply #26 on: August 23, 2007, 12:03:42 am »
Hi I believe I already signed up for the Maid Squad a while back and actually talked to the con chair when she mentioned the idea to me.

Would it be alright if I helped out in the mornings say Saturday and Sunday of the con?  Though I'll want to attend the opening ceremonies.  I'll have a press badge so I'll have priority seating anyway--I just wanted to help out and have fun and wear my maid costume.
Anipike.com/Ani-maid productions
cosplayer, reporter
Preparing to make a cosplay comeback...

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
Kigurumi Maid Squad?
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2007, 07:16:07 pm »
Oh yeah sorry. I run on IE and I couldnt see it Dx

Kigurumi Orange Road?

OK - I uploaded the photo here:
http://www.opusnet.com/guy1656/akiba.jpg

- G

Offline Lin

• Catgirl
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2007, 09:48:14 am »
My friend says my outfit looks like alice in wonderland if she was forced into service for the Queen of Hearts.... So I am running with it.... Queen's maid Alice coming up!
Secrety secrets!

Offline Nekochi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2007, 01:19:11 pm »
I'd be interested in helping with the cosplay contest line. However, I don't have a maid outfit or any lolita, but I will be dressed as a host club member's little brother on one of the days. Would that be okay? (I'm guessing pretty much anything Ouran counts? XD)
I'm just bumping this because my question hasn't been answered. I figure Ouran High School Host Club cosplays are okay since you are looking for 'hosts' and 'hostesses', but I just want to make sure.

2008 cosplays:
Princess Mars from Sailor Moon
Lumina from Harvest Moon AWL/DS ?
Ouran High School Host Club Junior High Uniform

Offline viiictoria

• Oni
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2007, 09:27:33 am »
I can help at various times too!

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2007, 10:19:48 am »
I'm just bumping this because my question hasn't been answered. I figure Ouran High School Host Club cosplays are okay since you are looking for 'hosts' and 'hostesses', but I just want to make sure.

I don't think the Ouran uniformswould count for what they're looking for. I know there's Ouran costumes that would fit, just notthe school uniforms.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2007, 11:00:09 am »
I can help at various times too!

DESSUUU! :D Now we're all heellppiinngg.

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2007, 10:16:54 pm »
i remeber mentioning ouran cosplays to the girl at themeeting who requested the cat-maids and she liked the idea, somthing for the girls
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline 2otaku

• Cabbit
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2007, 09:01:40 am »
  I hope this idea helps the huge wait last year.  That was very bad. Kudos to one and all who thought up this and here's to all the maids that will help make it work...... and I pray it will indeed!!!

Yea!

2otaku

Offline hikaru_maxwell

• Catgirl
« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2007, 01:17:10 am »
Maid Squad was fun!  I'm volunteering again next year.  Booyeah!

~*~Member of Cannot Unsee~*~

Offline Flatline

• Cabbit
« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2007, 01:24:09 am »
I thank and adore the Maid Squad. You guys did a fantastic job helping with the lines and keeping things in check. Now I'm moe for maids as much as the other guy, but really, thanks for helping out. It was a great idea and it really made things great for everybody.
For the Emperor!

Offline emmyriceball

• Sailor Scout
    • Deviantart
« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2007, 10:07:06 pm »
It was incredibly fun doing the maid squad. :3 I'm very, very glad I was pulled out of a Glomp Circle to help since I enjoyed it so much. (I was the one with cat ears, by the way. x3) I probably won't be doing it next year since I'm not planning to go in Gothic Lolita then. If I get a hotel room I may change just for it, though. x3

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2007, 10:35:29 pm »
Agreed with Flatline, maid squad was a HUGE help to us yojimbo and I love you all for it ^-6
2011 New Cosplay Plans: Boba Fett, Hoshi (Arakawa Under the Bridge), Malcolm Reynolds

Offline Zhalfirin

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.facebook.com/jephraux
« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2007, 06:26:00 pm »
I fully agree with Flatline and Trumby, it was good times being Yojimbo when we've got the assistance of the Maid Squad. Hell...I'm thinking of hanging up my Haori and donning my waiter outfit. ^_~ In all seriousness though, the help of the maid squad was great, hope to see you all next year! =D
"Yojimbo - Grown in the lush hills of Columbia. And with that sweet mahogany flavor, you know it's good!"

Offline cpardo

• Sailor Scout
    • Anime Web Turnpike
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2007, 12:10:54 am »
Well I did help out a little, not as much as I hoped due to various things.  But I hope I was of some help, and I did enjoy the experience, and hoping folks liked it and thought it was helpful.

I'd like to come back and be part of Maid Squad again, and I promise to be of more help next year
Anipike.com/Ani-maid productions
cosplayer, reporter
Preparing to make a cosplay comeback...

Offline Waffles

• Bunnygirl
    • http://myspace.com/skelewhore
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2007, 01:21:56 am »
Hell...I'm thinking of hanging up my Haori and donning my waiter outfit. ^_~
yeah thats not gonna happen~

you guys rocked, but why did you have to use squad in your name T.T
Good, Bad,  i'm the guy with the gun.

Offline Lin

• Catgirl
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2007, 10:37:56 am »
I loved being on the maid squad! Even though I was only able to help out for a couple hours on Friday for pre-reg I thought it was awesome! I even got people to come sing the Cloud song for me to keep me extra smiley! ;D
Secrety secrets!