Author Topic: Con Shock: Coping and Withdrawl  (Read 5239 times)

Offline TanisNikana

• Bunnygirl
Con Shock: Coping and Withdrawl
« on: September 04, 2007, 11:23:27 am »
There you are, sitting in the closing ceremonies, and for the final time (out of many), the "SEE YOU NEXT YEAR" slide pops out, everyone stands up to leave, and before you know it, you're sitting in your room alone once again, feeling lonely and demanding moar con.

How do you cope?

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
Re: Con Shock: Coping and Withdrawl
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2007, 11:42:12 am »
It is a hard hit to recover from, that's for sure. I'm still getting over it. And (as can be seen by post counts and such), the way I cope is by spending tons of time here on the forums. I try to keep in touch with as many people as possible, probably to the point of becoming an annoyance (just kidding, hopefully). I keep watching anime, listening to J-Pop/Rock/etc, and just kind of pretending it isn't over, though there is no delusion that can cover that fact. T_T I just have to bide my time until next year, heh.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline TanisNikana

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2007, 11:45:08 am »
I'm gonna be sneaky about it and wear the GLOMP ME pin I got at the con on my bag all the time, and see if anyone actually would glomp me. That should pass the time until late March. Then the cycle begins anew...

Offline Daidouji

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2007, 11:47:42 am »
Well, I haven't recovered much. I cope by reading posts on the forums, looking at all the pictures from the con, and listening to 60's music. haha I don't know why, but the 60's music reminds me of the con. Oh and planning for Sakuracon helps too. haha ^-^
Kumoricon 07- Rena *Higurashi no Naku Koro ni*
Sakuracon 07-Kaoru *Ouran High School Host Club*
Kumoricon 08-Sakura *Cardcaptor Sakura*
Sakuracon 08- Haruhi Suzumiya

Offline TanisNikana

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2007, 11:52:33 am »
7 months... 7 months... 7 months...

Not helping, am I?

Offline Rushifa

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Sewing Madness
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2007, 11:59:56 am »
I'm revovering my enjoying some actual free time to be on my computer, instead of slaving over my costume for the last month+...it's kind of nice.

However, I have to leave for work in an hour, and I'm not sure I'm ready to face the real world again  :P

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2007, 12:03:14 pm »
Well, normally I have a hard time coping, but it's not all about missing the con environment. Eventually I get over the fact that my entire life is not enveloped in anime, and start to recover from my badly mangled sleep schedule. ;) But what really gets to me is that after going through all the trouble to repack, you have to go home and UNpack. It effectively means you're doing twice as much work as the day before the con, only this time there's no reward, beyond a clean bedroom. -_-; (Well... it's "twice as much" if you don't count whatever projects you work on before the con, like karaoke and cosplay and fanart...)

It also helps to keep in contact with friends from the convention and to keep busy working on stuff for the next con. I still mostly end up procrastinating until the month before the con (or even the week before), though.  This time, I have a nice little diversion: right now, Leashy has taken me along on a low-stress business trip. So now I don't have to unpack immediately after repacking and driving home, and I can also recover a little rest in the meantime. :) What's more, I may be able to meet up with some convention friends in the area while I'm here!
A member of Eugene Cosplayers. Come hang out with us.

Kumori Con 2010 Cosplays:

Link (The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess)
Apollo Justice

Offline kylite

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2007, 12:09:25 pm »
I cope by sleeping, and...sleeping...and then more.....sleeping!

LOL as a Yojimbo we don't sleep LOL and sometimes we don't eat but man was it a blast this year
Yojimbo Assistant Manager, Hopeless Flirt
Work: Monday-Friday 12:30-9:39pm
We don't need Kira... we have kylite.  - randompvg

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2007, 03:00:59 pm »
Well, this board helps, for sure.

Offline totemo_oishii

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2007, 03:07:54 pm »
It's just weird being in the con atmosphere for 3 days straight, and suddenly being thrown back into reality. Bummer. >__< But I absolutely love being on the forums. I know a certain few (the forum regulars!!! I love you guys) a lot better from hanging around here. We also post about events year round, like the festivals at Uwajimaya. Though it's far from being a con, it's nice to still get together!

Offline Kirakins

• Sailor Scout
    • My Myspace
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2007, 03:31:04 pm »
Me and my boyfriend coped by snuggling with eachother. We had like, little to no time to cuddle, because of costuming and the events and such (Plus having roomies ^_^). I never seem to make friends at cons *sniffle* ;-; But I would love to make some friends this year before the con via posting more on the forums :) I've also been talking to my dad nonstop about the con and looking at pictures. Yeah, My dad is a nerd, he plays World of Warcraft, haha. Anywho, it also helps to oogle the goodies I got from the con, and thinking about next years cosplay. (I'm such a glutton for punishment, haha.)

Planned Cosplay '09

Roxas - Christmas Town, Cyber Punk, and Masquerade. Bringing other versions, too.
Naruto - Shippuden Naru

Offline TanisNikana

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2007, 03:52:30 pm »
Me and my boyfriend coped by snuggling with eachother. We had like, little to no time to cuddle, because of costuming and the events and such (Plus having roomies ^_^). I never seem to make friends at cons *sniffle* ;-; But I would love to make some friends this year before the con via posting more on the forums :) I've also been talking to my dad nonstop about the con and looking at pictures. Yeah, My dad is a nerd, he plays World of Warcraft, haha. Anywho, it also helps to oogle the goodies I got from the con, and thinking about next years cosplay. (I'm such a glutton for punishment, haha.)

I made quite a few friends at Kumo 07, but I haven't yet heard back from any but one of them in the real world yet.

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2007, 05:52:16 pm »
i bleave i shall cope by just getting ready for my first day of high school in less then 24 hours and then spending hours trying to find a good char to cossplay as and then some months procrastinating then realizing sakura con is creeping up on me and start sewing like mad and finnaly have it ready for that one and be happy happy joy joy becuase then its time to get ready for kumoricon 2008!
returning with a vengeance to K con~

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
    • http://www.animemsn.com
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2007, 06:11:10 pm »
I'm coping by posting on the forums a lot and trying to make contacts with a lot of the people I talked to.

In the future, I hope to be able to attend some of the forum get togethers and such. It was really cool seeing people I knew from the forums. "OMG I KNOW YOU! I'M REPPY!"

"Oh, hey! Why aren't you cosplaying as Misha?! I didn't recognize you without the bunnies on your head!"  ;D

And by looking at Chi costumes and contemplating whether or not to buy one. >_>;

Clark Anime: http://clarkanime.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/reppy
Kumoricon 2005-10 galleries: http://dunpeal.net/gallery

Offline QElderHell

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2007, 08:03:17 pm »
Hmm.... Im just Chillaxing out max and relaxing all cool. the Con was great, but it feels good to be on my ass agian, as opposed to on my feet all day ^_-

Offline Shiv

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2007, 08:48:28 pm »
I agree with Kylite. Sleep is the answer, often whether or not you want it to be. I've been sleeping off and on all day and night. I feel fantastic now, though, especially now that I've had some food. I have fond memories of the con and the associated chaos I helped to wrangle as well as a few new toys I probably should not have bought. Yay!

The biggest mystery to me is how I managed to go the entire con and ate only a single stick of Pocky. This alone is a travesty that will haunt me for the rest of my days. I did not even have the sense to buy some in the vendors' room... sigh.

Offline Rathany

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2007, 11:49:04 pm »
My withdrawl is that I keep trying to figure out what people are cosplaying.  I think everyone in a red coat is trying to be Ed Elric.  I was at the mall today behind a lady with long white hair wearing a black trenchcoat.  I totally thought she was trying to be Sephiroth.  I just start staring at people in odd or brightly colored clothes wondering what anime that outfit could be from. 
2003 - 2006 Kumoricon Attendee
2007 - Assistant Registration Manager - PreReg Side
2008 - Vice Chair
2009/2010 - Director of Relations
2011 - Return to Vice
2012 - herp derp

Offline lightlysalted

• Cabbit
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2007, 11:59:48 pm »
Like most years I go away wishing I had taken more photos, had one more day, and had spent more time getting to know new people instead of just sticking with my usual friends.

...then I come on here, and other places online. And I sleep, that's nice too. And try to get over the cold I think I caught from planting my face (accidentally) into a really, really sweaty arm at the rave. Planning for Sakura-Con helps too. And I look at a ton of pictures...

...yeah, I still miss it right now. Guess it's time to move back into the real world tomorrow.

Offline TanisNikana

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2007, 07:40:32 am »
My withdrawl is that I keep trying to figure out what people are cosplaying.  I think everyone in a red coat is trying to be Ed Elric.  I was at the mall today behind a lady with long white hair wearing a black trenchcoat.  I totally thought she was trying to be Sephiroth.  I just start staring at people in odd or brightly colored clothes wondering what anime that outfit could be from. 

What about Vash the Stampede?

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2007, 08:14:39 am »
is any ones eatting sceadual just totaly messed up? mine is soo off right now :( like right now i feel hunger for dinner not breakfast
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2007, 09:18:11 am »
is any ones eatting sceadual just totaly messed up? mine is soo off right now :( like right now i feel hunger for dinner not breakfast

Exactly, haha. I didn't eat a single real meal until Monday afternoon when we all went out to a restaurant, lol. Pocky, ramune, cookies, chips, wheat thins, soda and hummus.....no meal can be made with these things.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline kylite

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2007, 09:25:46 am »
sadly I caught "the con cold" and am home sick cause of it.  I got treated to izzy's where I had a huge salad, 3 bowls of chicken noodle soup and a small chocolate moose for desert.
Yojimbo Assistant Manager, Hopeless Flirt
Work: Monday-Friday 12:30-9:39pm
We don't need Kira... we have kylite.  - randompvg

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2007, 09:31:46 am »
Ah, get well, Kylite!

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2007, 10:01:52 am »
sadly I caught "the con cold" and am home sick cause of it.  I got treated to izzy's where I had a huge salad, 3 bowls of chicken noodle soup and a small chocolate moose for desert.
yay izzys is pizza and a whole lot more

i am fightin the con cold my left tonsal was swollen most of con its better but now my right is achy and a mild migrain whih might be caffien overload i no know
here is a wish we all getz rest and better and heathy yay!
i do miss my voice tho
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Lit_of_Fey

• Chibi
    • http://yuri-lawliet.deviantart.com/
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2007, 10:06:26 am »
hah I'm surprised I didn't catch a cold XC *knocks on wood* >_>;;

lol I kinda get what ryan's saying, it was hard to just go up and talk to people without them looking at you as if you were a creep/freak/rabid fangirl     I was having a really crappy con until the cosplay competition which made me feel better for some reason X3 I guess the litteral rofling is enough to get anyone's spirits up ^.^

I still felt awfully lonely though :c everyone kept looking at me weird >_<
Someday...I'll get around to you.

Offline Zen

• Cabbit
    • Teh Facebook
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2007, 10:41:59 am »
Eh I feel for all the guys who end up having to get right back into the swing of things after the con. Nothing sucks worse than getting maybe 5 hours of sleep in a three day span then have to get right back to work the next day. Makes me glad I decided to get a week off from work for this whole convention. I don't gotta be back at work till Saturday.  ;D

As for coping well I've just been watching some anime and checking places like here for my withdrawals. It is very nice to hear all the great tails from the convention. 
"The World... Yes! Seek freedom, and your world will stand stretched out before your eyes. If the endless dream guides your spirits. Conquer it! Bear Conviction behind your flag!"

-Former Pirate King, Gol D. Roger

Offline haliekins

• Cabbit
    • http://shibbyshasta.deviantart.com/
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2007, 01:06:49 pm »
Eh I feel for all the guys who end up having to get right back into the swing of things after the con. Nothing sucks worse than getting maybe 5 hours of sleep in a three day span then have to get right back to work the next day.

that was totally me, haha. i get up at six for school, in class until about noon, then i go to work from 4-11. yeeeeesh. however the car problems i had on monday kinda threw all that out the window for a bit. but the point is still valid.

it was my first year, and i'm in kind of disbelief that it was over. everyone was so nice and it was such a blast. so i'm probably gonna take the time between now and work to watch some of the DVDs i bought. x3~~ but it makes me all the more pumped for next year at least.

Offline TanisNikana

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2007, 09:46:33 pm »
Still trying to get over the thoughts of con... this takes way too long to fade.

Offline MichaelEvans

• Catgirl
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2007, 11:05:31 pm »
I too caught the con cold... it rose to full effect on the night of my second 12-hour nightshift back at work (wed night).  I got Thursday off sick and slept for almost 20 hours in 7 hour stretches, taking nyquil each time.  Back at work for two more night shifts counting tonight, feeling crummy, but barely surviving on dayquil, cough drops, and mindless vegetation.
---
Staff 2007-2010
2010-2008: Website Development (So very very much in the last month before the convention at last; Good thing I'm looking for work x.x and have the spare time ~.~)
2007: Website Administration (Mascot Voting Input, Live Schedule)

Offline Dealrith

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2007, 12:02:44 am »
I cope by sleeping, and...sleeping...and then more.....sleeping!

LOL as a Yojimbo we don't sleep LOL and sometimes we don't eat but man was it a blast this year
I agree with Kylite. Sleep is the answer, often whether or not you want it to be. I've been sleeping off and on all day and night. I feel fantastic now, though, especially now that I've had some food. I have fond memories of the con and the associated chaos I helped to wrangle as well as a few new toys I probably should not have bought. Yay!

Hmm....as a Yojimbo I would loved to have slept and started putting myself into a normal sleep and eating habit......but alas.......not so much
I still go to bed at about 4 am and wake normaly 5 to 6 hours later.....if I'm lucky
and as for eating.......I think i was eating better at the con =p
but I wouldn't trade this years con for anything.....being Yojimbo was awsome......even when all hell seemed to break loose and "HTM" was announced
next year should be even better
2014 - 2018 - Quartermaster Staff Manager
2013 - Quartermaster
2012 - Quartermaster
2011 - Quartermaster
2010 - Vice Chair
2009 - Director of Operations
2008 - Yojimbo Floor Manager
2007 - Yojimbo

Offline Mei Long

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2007, 01:15:34 am »
I wish I could sleep. Unfortunatly I haven't been able to sleep. X_X; So, I have to find something else to do. So I have been alternating between playing video games, cooking, and haunting the forums. Oh, and looking and re-looking at the galleries posted, as well as my own videos and images. I still haven't found a picture of me as Irvine (that wasn't in the background). Oh, and keeping in touch with some awesome friends I've made from the convention.

Surprisingly enough though, this year I've had the worst k-con withdrawls yet! Usually I can swing back into civi-life pretty easily. But this time around I am really missing the con-life. O_O; This convention was amazing for me this year. But I think if there was one thing I could go back and do, that I didn't do this time, it would be a glomp circle. I watched a few of them in the park, laughed when I saw Raito glomp Tuxedo Mask, but I never got in...

Next year I'm gonna do it! ... no matter how terrified I am. XD;
Montez Bailey, 1988 - 2009, we miss you, rest in peace.

!~~~No Kumoricon for me. See ya'll at Akicon 2011~~~!

Akicon 2011 Costumes: Genderbent Kim Pine, Marshall Lee

2012: YoYo, Czeslaw, ???