Author Topic: '07 Aftermath  (Read 4007 times)

Offline risotto

• Sailor Scout
'07 Aftermath
« on: September 08, 2007, 07:47:43 pm »
From sitting in the car for 2+ hours and back, I can't get up from a chair without it hurting like a mother. Besides that, I am disengaging myself from sewing for a bit to concentrate on schoolz.

What has happened to you after the con? x)

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
Re: '07 Aftermath
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2007, 07:52:16 pm »
started making costumes for 2008 conventions, hey did you all here that anime evelution is coming to vancuver? so then 2008 has three cons in store for us this year! >.< dam all my costumes better turn out good!

besides that im starteing to make a tarot card set that i can try to sell in my art booth, and ive taken up plushie making! i need to start getting more money to spend on these cons. >.>
returning with a vengeance to K con~

Offline risotto

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2007, 08:14:51 pm »
o_o Really? Do you mean it is going to be at Vancouver, WA or the Canada one?

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2007, 08:27:15 pm »
i dunno it just said vancuver, 2008 august i will look it up

Offline JeffT

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2007, 09:30:15 pm »
It's Vancouver, BC (actually Burnaby, BC), at Simon Frasier University, Burnaby campus, where it has always been.
2023: Website Development Coordinator
2020-2022: Assistant Secretary, Website Development Coordinator
2011 - 2013, 2016-2019: Secretary
2007 - 2019: Website Manager
2015: Assistant Secretary
2014: Chair
2007 - 2009: Director of Publicity
2006: Copy Editor

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2007, 09:34:36 pm »
oh i see

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2007, 10:26:17 pm »
There's a con in Boise, ID too, but it's not as purely anime as Kumoricon/Sakuracon/AnimeEvolution.  I don't mind that, 'cause I just go for the gaming, but other people might not be as cool with it or something.  I dunno.

There are plenty of cons to go to.  I'm sure there's stuff in Bend, Spokane, Olympia, Eugene, and Victoria as well; you just have to look harder.

Anyway, my aftermath of Kumoricon:
Monday (began at 5pm) - went home, made a bookshelf, ate a boca burger, internetted, slept
Tuesday - Woke up, laid floors, internetted, slept
Wednesday - went to school, slept, to mom's, laid floors, went home, slept, internetted, slept
Thursday - went to school, went to friend's house, went to Aikido, went to Joe's Crab Shack, started math homework, slept
Friday - woke up on math homework, finished math homework, went to school, slept, went home, went to football game, went to dance, danced, left, internetted
Saturday - Slept, woke up, played Pokemon, went downtown, helped Dad with some moving, went to arcade, played DDR/GF/DM/JJ, went back to Dad's, ate pizza, watched some Ringo Starr, internetted.

And we then reach the present.  Phenomenal.
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2007, 10:28:00 pm »
Well after some drama of missing a few calls from a friend who I was going to goto the con with (I bought her a kikyo costume and she didn't go!)  I continued vacation by visiting fam in alaska

I got to see killer whales, sea lions, black bears, crashing glaciers and sea food.

And yes I'm posting from alaska :D
Yaoi crossplay... is actually Yuri.

Offline megchan

• Sailor Scout
    • An LJ that DOESN'T have locked entries?!
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2007, 11:37:12 pm »
Well, our (DuckyL, Ayumu, and I) drive home was the worst thing EVER.

THEN IT WAS STRAIGHT BACK TO WORK. Which sucked. Early mornings, long days on my feet, and not being able to sleep at night. So I honestly haven't really recovered yet.
Anakin, you're breaking my heart if you don't come to "I'd Just as Soon Kiss a Wookiee: A Star Wars Panel" at Kumoricon!

Offline Darkerlight

• Chibi
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2007, 11:49:37 pm »
Got the worst con cold ever! still trying to get over it, lol.
Click me! Help me hatch!

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
    • http://www.animemsn.com
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2007, 11:51:49 pm »
I had to go back to work on Friday. I felt sooooooo weird and out of place. It took me over 3/4th of the day before I started go back into rhythm and pace of things. I kept bumping into stuff and .. just generally having a hard time staying focused. ^_^;

Clark Anime: http://clarkanime.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/reppy
Kumoricon 2005-10 galleries: http://dunpeal.net/gallery

Offline Ryu-chan

• Chibi
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2007, 12:19:03 am »
sleep then work, then sleep again

Offline Lit_of_Fey

• Chibi
    • http://yuri-lawliet.deviantart.com/
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2007, 12:25:01 am »
I went into a coma on the ride home :D no really!
haha I'd had some benadryl the night before to make me sleep (floor sucks :c) and on the way home I caught a few z's and I could sense everything around me and I wanted to regain conciousness, but I just couldn't! I was trying really hard to say something or move a finger to break it, but I couldn't! I think someone elbowed me and that did the trick, but it was scary D':
Someday...I'll get around to you.

Offline JeffT

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2007, 01:04:07 am »
There's a con in Boise, ID too, but it's not as purely anime as Kumoricon/Sakuracon/AnimeEvolution.  I don't mind that, 'cause I just go for the gaming, but other people might not be as cool with it or something.  I dunno.

You're probably talking about Fandemonium. They are a combined sci-fi/fantasy/gaming/anime con. We did an ad swap with them in the program.

There is also a pure anime con in Boise, ID, known as Anime Oasis. It's generally in March each year, and has 500-600 attendees.
2023: Website Development Coordinator
2020-2022: Assistant Secretary, Website Development Coordinator
2011 - 2013, 2016-2019: Secretary
2007 - 2019: Website Manager
2015: Assistant Secretary
2014: Chair
2007 - 2009: Director of Publicity
2006: Copy Editor

Offline valliegirl

• Catgirl
    • http://valliegirl.elite-otaku.net
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2007, 11:36:41 am »
Had to go immediately back to work on Tuesday morning at 8 am and do overtime all week. 

Had to try really hard not to completely crash from boredom and tiredness on Tuesday.  *L*
Take a chance 'cause you might grow
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
http://valliegirl.livejournal.com & http://www.myspace.com/valliegirl1013

Offline majinekochan

• Catgirl
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2007, 11:48:47 am »
Let see I had a 4ish hour drive to where I spent Monday night, than a 4 hour bus ride to home on Tuesday than onther hour or so on a city bus to acctually get home, in my cosplay boots becuase there was no other way to pack them. Needless to say I was sore, my mom even commented that I was sore-er than she was. I was hobbleing around the house. And of course there's the inevitable post-con cold, which I'm battling by putting lime juice in my soda. It cuts the phlegm and tastes good too.

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2007, 10:43:25 pm »

You're probably talking about Fandemonium. They are a combined sci-fi/fantasy/gaming/anime con. We did an ad swap with them in the program.

There is also a pure anime con in Boise, ID, known as Anime Oasis. It's generally in March each year, and has 500-600 attendees.
Yes, that one. :P

Finally got my sleep schedule almost back to normal.
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline laurifer

• Catgirl
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2007, 07:30:05 am »
I have to wait for next year now =____= that's all I'm thinking about right now lol

Sig by me~~~

Cosplay for '08:
Probably none D:

Offline TanisNikana

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2007, 09:10:57 am »
I just have to last till Sakura.

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2007, 10:55:02 am »
In helping pack up the stage and other stuff on Tuesday I realized I hadn't arranged a ride home! I negotiated a ride home in exchange for unloading the truck into storage and the once I got home we realized I'd forgotten the monitor for the computer we had taken. Poor Vallie had to wait so long to go online! I did have to work Wed-Fri and it wasn't too bad but I was really really out of it on Friday as I still was getting the minimal Con sleep every night. I was pretty loopy. I had fully recovered by Sunday and then sent out the first Pocky Club Newsletter of the new "con year".
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline EmAino

• Chibi
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2007, 08:52:49 pm »
It's been almost two weeks since the con...and I STILL can't get that "Moscow" song out of my head.
Sakuracon 2014
Kyoko Sakura - Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Yugito Nii - Naruto Shippuden
Sailor Jupiter - Sailor Moon

Kumoricon
God Tier Jane Crocker - Homestuck
Sailor Jupiter - Sailor Moon
Kyoko Sakura - Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Komachi Onozuka - Touhou