Author Topic: General Questions/Help for any user!  (Read 3729 times)

Offline stonemonkthewise

• Cabbit
General Questions/Help for any user!
« on: September 08, 2007, 12:22:06 am »
For those whom need assistance in something or are looking for answers to obscure questions should look and post here. I or (hopefully) the Kumoricon community will try to assist whomever requires some answers.
In short, Post a question and get an answer... Asking is half the battle!

Offline stonemonkthewise

• Cabbit
Re: General Questions/Help for any user!
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2007, 12:27:50 am »
I have a question:

Why is it, that whenever I post in randomly chosen topics, My profile continues to say only 3 posts when I've made at least 11 or so? However, I just checked it after making this topic and it says 4 posts, what's going on?

Offline MichaelEvans

• Catgirl
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2007, 12:46:30 am »
I see a count of 5 next to your username at current.  There are a few reasons I can think of.  1) The posts are being classified as spam and not counting.  (Not sure if this even happens here...)  2) Your ISP or computer is over-zealously caching pages, and thus you aren't seeing new versions of them.  3) Are you using your browser's back button?  Try clicking forward to the page, or hard-refreshing (reloading) instead of just redisplaying.
---
Staff 2007-2010
2010-2008: Website Development (So very very much in the last month before the convention at last; Good thing I'm looking for work x.x and have the spare time ~.~)
2007: Website Administration (Mascot Voting Input, Live Schedule)

Offline kylite

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2007, 08:41:29 am »
all posts in "why is the rum always gone" do NOT count
Yojimbo Assistant Manager, Hopeless Flirt
Work: Monday-Friday 12:30-9:39pm
We don't need Kira... we have kylite.  - randompvg

Offline stonemonkthewise

• Cabbit
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2007, 03:38:38 pm »
all posts in "why is the rum always gone" do NOT count

OK, that might be the problem. Considering I have posted in that section a bit more often than anywhere else.
Thanks for the assist.

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2007, 04:44:26 pm »
hey i got a question about the con... erm two actualy.

1. for buying a booth in the artist alley it says 60 bucks for one booth and i think a con pass. o.o will you still get the badge and everything or just a pass to the con?

2. if your running it with another person do they need to pay the 60 dollers to?

these may sound like newbie questions... cuz they are.... =.= this will be my first time trying to buy a booth at the con.
returning with a vengeance to K con~

Offline stonemonkthewise

• Cabbit
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2007, 09:28:21 pm »
hey i got a question about the con... erm two actualy.

1. for buying a booth in the artist alley it says 60 bucks for one booth and i think a con pass. o.o will you still get the badge and everything or just a pass to the con?

2. if your running it with another person do they need to pay the 60 dollers to?

these may sound like newbie questions... cuz they are.... =.= this will be my first time trying to buy a booth at the con.

Well, I'm unsure of an official answer for you, but I let logic and common sense guide me.
1. I believe you'll get everything you need, the con pass, the booth, the badge... I can't be sure though
2. I highly doubt the additional person would need to pay, but if they did, it probably wouldn't be 60$. Likely less
Hope this sheds some light, and you should direct your question to one of the staff in my opinion...

Offline JeffT

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2007, 09:56:34 pm »
As moderator, I need to step in here.

First off, we recommend posting questions in a new thread (unless there is an existing thread directly on the same topic) and most importantly to use a descriptive subject line. Some of our staff are very busy and skim the forums looking for important issues without reading all the threads. If you post a question in this thread, or in a thread without a descriptive subject line, it is far less likely to get answered by the staff. This also helps future people with the same question to find the answer, rather than having to first read a generic Q&A thread which could otherwise grow very long.

Questions can also be answered by emailing the appropriate director or staff member on the contact page, but posting on the forums is fine too.

Second, please don't post speculated answers needlessly when the answer is a staff inquiry away. The Exhibitors and Artist Alley information currently on the web site is for 2007, and the 2008 info will be posted within a day or two.

stonemonkthewise, thanks for trying to organize information and get questions answered. I'm just trying to make sure that people know the best way to use the forums and that information is the easiest to access, and to make sure the information is accurate and reliable.
2023: Website Development Coordinator
2020-2022: Assistant Secretary, Website Development Coordinator
2011 - 2013, 2016-2019: Secretary
2007 - 2019: Website Manager
2015: Assistant Secretary
2014: Chair
2007 - 2009: Director of Publicity
2006: Copy Editor

Offline stonemonkthewise

• Cabbit
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2007, 10:16:28 pm »
As moderator, I need to step in here.

First off, we recommend posting questions in a new thread (unless there is an existing thread directly on the same topic) and most importantly to use a descriptive subject line. Some of our staff are very busy and skim the forums looking for important issues without reading all the threads. If you post a question in this thread, or in a thread without a descriptive subject line, it is far less likely to get answered by the staff. This also helps future people with the same question to find the answer, rather than having to first read a generic Q&A thread which could otherwise grow very long.

Questions can also be answered by emailing the appropriate director or staff member on the contact page, but posting on the forums is fine too.

Second, please don't post speculated answers needlessly when the answer is a staff inquiry away. The Exhibitors and Artist Alley information currently on the web site is for 2007, and the 2008 info will be posted within a day or two.

stonemonkthewise, thanks for trying to organize information and get questions answered. I'm just trying to make sure that people know the best way to use the forums and that information is the easiest to access, and to make sure the information is accurate and reliable.

Well, organization comes to me as being "a priority one." I didn't realize that you guys cruise the topics in order to help rather than get into the topic to see what's written in the hundreds of potential pages... Well I tried! LOL At least I answered my own question.

Offline JeffT

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2007, 10:19:36 pm »
Well, organization comes to me as being "a priority one." I didn't realize that you guys cruise the topics in order to help rather than get into the topic to see what's written in the hundreds of potential pages... Well I tried! LOL At least I answered my own question.

It's just natural for long forum threads (on any topic, on any forum) to lose focus after a few pages, so less and less people tend to read them the longer they get.

stonemonkthewise, here's a secret: A lot of questions people ask can already be answered based on information on the web site, or the forums. So if you point people in that direction when somebody asks a question, it would still help a lot of people. ^_^
2023: Website Development Coordinator
2020-2022: Assistant Secretary, Website Development Coordinator
2011 - 2013, 2016-2019: Secretary
2007 - 2019: Website Manager
2015: Assistant Secretary
2014: Chair
2007 - 2009: Director of Publicity
2006: Copy Editor

Offline MizzArianna

• Cabbit
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2008, 09:14:24 pm »
I have never been to a convention o yea. Are we allowed to bring pets? xD Pretty question I know. lol.

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2008, 07:48:53 am »
Please don't bring up threads that are this old.

Pets are generally discouraged due to safety concerns (your pets safety) and the allergies of our various attendees and staff.

*edit*

Although the final yes or no will come from the hotel. (added by kylite)
« Last Edit: March 08, 2008, 10:16:02 am by kylite »
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010