Author Topic: Introduction: Kenton actually posting?  (Read 5636 times)

Offline PhantmK

• Chibi
Introduction: Kenton actually posting?
« on: October 10, 2007, 09:47:45 pm »
Hello Everyone!
You may have seen me at one point or another during the con, or at a con event or meeting. I am the guy who everyone asks
"Whats your name on the forums?" and who always replies: "Doesn't matter I don't post."
Well I am here to break the cycle. I keep meeting people and know one seems to remember anyone unless you're on the forums
so here I am.
And to any of you who still have no Idea who I am: I was the crazy fool who almost ran for Con Ops that no-one really knows but staffers...
So now that I have posted... Lets talk. I know some of you but I would love to get to know a lot more of you so that when
we go to events people will know who I am.

Talk to you soon!
-Kenton
Sometimes you just gotta pull out the stops give it your all and know that you will come out the other end alive, well, and ready for the next challenge. 
I'm still waiting for the next one.

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
Re: Introduction: Kenton actually posting?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2007, 10:54:56 pm »
Did the lake of fire down in hell freeze over and demons are now ice skating over it?

anyway, welcome to the forums.
"Hm, the Moe is strong with this one..."
Kylite-"You and your TV Tropes!"<Refering to This Troper's ruined voc

Offline PhantmK

• Chibi
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2007, 07:26:34 pm »
Yes, hell did freeze over. And now the ice melted and everyone is enjoying a huge hot tub party.
well, at least I am anyway.
Sometimes you just gotta pull out the stops give it your all and know that you will come out the other end alive, well, and ready for the next challenge. 

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2007, 08:38:51 pm »
Welcome, you may never meet me. I'm the opposite, I post like crazy, but can't get anyone to take care of my pets to get away long enough to attend a convention. Should have made the one down here in Springfield way back when.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline Dealrith

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2007, 09:58:09 pm »
Oh wait....its you again......yeah I remember you.....now go to bed....you still look tired :P
2014 - 2018 - Quartermaster Staff Manager
2013 - Quartermaster
2012 - Quartermaster
2011 - Quartermaster
2010 - Vice Chair
2009 - Director of Operations
2008 - Yojimbo Floor Manager
2007 - Yojimbo

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2007, 10:32:20 pm »
welcome i'm the person peeps don't always know from the forums untill i tell them my forum name

or the girl who was givin away taffy at the meeting
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2007, 12:09:57 am »
Hey man, what's up?

And...I like your Gundam Wing wall scroll.
2011 New Cosplay Plans: Boba Fett, Hoshi (Arakawa Under the Bridge), Malcolm Reynolds

Offline PhantmK

• Chibi
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2007, 12:53:34 pm »
@ Trumby Thanks, I got it in a anime shop in Cali before it was even all popular, I think that they were on eps 15 of the original on Toonami when I saw the scroll. Its been on my wall ever since.

@ Superjaz On another note. Its nice to meet you Jaz. I don't think I met you at the meeting but I will be sure to look out for you.

@ Dealrith bed isn't a place I see often. I usually get about 5 hours of sleep a night... if that so tired is kinda my thing.

@ Jaybug A convention in springfield would be so nice. the area is really open. Maybe you should still consider starting one? This con started small and has grown exponentially in the last couple of years. You never know till you try. Anyway, Its nice to meet you. I really do hope that you can find someone to take care of your pets this year. Its always nice getting new congoers to add in on the fun.

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2007, 02:27:55 pm »
Hello Kenton, my name is Tom!
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline guspasho

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2007, 06:31:25 pm »
Hi Kenton! Glad to see you around!
2008 Facilities Liaison

Offline RoamingGnome

• Chibi
    • The Roaming Gnome
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2007, 07:58:52 pm »
Hey Kenton.  I do remember you telling me that you had zero posts.  Well hope to see you on the forums more.

Offline PhantmK

• Chibi
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2007, 02:09:01 am »
@ Tom Hey, Tom nice to meet you. I promise to someday make a pocky donation. even if its a small one.

@ Guspasho I know, being nominated for ops made me see the error of my ways. and so here I stand... or sit in this case.

@ jasonqdavis yes the big 0 on my posts is gone now and I hope to reach chibi by sakuracon.

Offline Lin

• Catgirl
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2007, 10:54:51 am »
Hello previous non-poster PhantmK! Oh for the good times of the old Toonami.... :'( Rock the wallscroll for it is happy memorabelia!

Ah chibi a standard beloved by otaku everywhere! Good luck with the obscene amount of posting you will need to do!
« Last Edit: October 13, 2007, 10:57:33 am by Lin »
Secrety secrets!

Offline PhantmK

• Chibi
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2007, 06:39:43 pm »
well I dont know what my output rate is but I have been doing alot of posting daily.. so fingers are crossed.

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2007, 01:04:03 am »
@wallscroll - That is awesome..I've been looking for a Gundam Wing one I like..but I can't find anything good, it is sad. And omg midnight run..I miss that stuff. Gundam Wing and Outlaw Star...<3
2011 New Cosplay Plans: Boba Fett, Hoshi (Arakawa Under the Bridge), Malcolm Reynolds

Offline PhantmK

• Chibi
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2007, 01:14:21 am »
Exactly! nothing beats sneaking downstairs in the middle of the night to watch anime cause your parents would kill you if they found you up that late with school the next day... man good times good times...

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2007, 11:22:30 am »
Haha...well, we had satellite back then so it actually came on at 9 for me :P

Offline Waffles

• Bunnygirl
    • http://myspace.com/skelewhore
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2007, 01:34:58 pm »
HOWDY KENTON ITS GOOD TO see that your still breathing.
Good, Bad,  i'm the guy with the gun.

Offline ichigoxcupcakes

• Bunnygirl
    • Website
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2007, 01:44:37 pm »
OUTLAW STAR!
[cough]

sorry, I miss that show. thank goodness I have the boxset so I can enjoy Gene 24/7 tee-hee

hello [waves]

Offline RoamingGnome

• Chibi
    • The Roaming Gnome
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2007, 02:18:27 pm »
Outlaw Star looks like a really good anime anime_gurl.

Offline PhantmK

• Chibi
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2007, 11:19:27 pm »
If you have not watched it. WATCH IT.
Imagine cowboy bebop, only more complicated and funny.

Offline ichigoxcupcakes

• Bunnygirl
    • Website
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2007, 12:25:02 am »

with androids, spaceships, and perverted boys galoure! [laughs]

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2007, 12:46:34 am »

with androids, spaceships, and perverted boys galoure! [laughs]
Haha.

I love that show.

Offline PhantmK

• Chibi
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2007, 12:40:37 pm »
yeah I am thinking I might try to cosplay Gene starwind next year. cause that would be so much fun.

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2007, 01:34:43 pm »
yeah I am thinking I might try to cosplay Gene starwind next year. cause that would be so much fun.
Hmm..this could be the makings of an Outlaw Star group...as I want to crossplay as Suzuka.

Offline PhantmK

• Chibi
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2007, 12:42:45 pm »
I know some other people I may be able to convince to become other members... it might be really fun since I have never seen a group of more than 2 people in outlaw star cosplay before

Offline ichigoxcupcakes

• Bunnygirl
    • Website
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2007, 12:45:42 pm »
I know some other people I may be able to convince to become other members... it might be really fun since I have never seen a group of more than 2 people in outlaw star cosplay before

I could be Melfina, but then again I would have to purchase a wig. :[[ my hair is going to be blond for this Kumoricon. [hitshead]

Offline PhantmK

• Chibi
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2007, 06:29:11 pm »
This is why I don't dye my hair with anything even semi permanent.

Offline RoamingGnome

• Chibi
    • The Roaming Gnome
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2007, 08:27:11 pm »
This is why I don't dye my hair with anything even semi permanent.

*Woot* Who wants to see Kenton with bright pink hair!!!!!!

Offline leashy

• Catgirl
    • http://www.myspace.com/leashychan
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2007, 08:58:32 pm »
Eww who is this Kenton nerd?

;) Just kidding, hello!  Don't you guys remember Kenton from laser tag?  He helped us win and actually tried Pump it up as well <3

Offline PhantmK

• Chibi
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2007, 12:41:20 pm »
XD tried and failed. I am to much a ddr man. But as for the laser tag, thats just mainly cause I have fired real guns since I was 8 so lasertag isn't exactly all that tough for me. But I can still never compare to the lasertag god that is Kylite

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2007, 02:13:14 pm »
Hmm, if you all think you can get Outlaw Star stuff done by Sakura-con then we should definitely do a group.

You should also do a lasertag thing on the weekend so I can go...though I prefer paintball myself.

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2007, 04:31:19 pm »
now we have a outlaw star group going?  that was a good series, I got the box set for it....hmm....cosplay ideas.....I'll have to think about it.

so we going to do another laser tag?  I did surpising well after the first game(got 2nd, 4th, 3rd).  or we setting paintball?  I know of a paint ball place in tigard next to a bus...I don't know of any others though.
"Hm, the Moe is strong with this one..."
Kylite-"You and your TV Tropes!"<Refering to This Troper's ruined voc

Offline PhantmK

• Chibi
« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2007, 06:03:27 pm »
If we do plan another laser tag I will be sure to post it in the "Plan your own adventures" Forum.

As for the Sakuracon cosplay group, I would be completely fine with doing a huge cosplay group for outlaw star.
So as far as I know here is the current list:
Kenton-Gene Starwind (I know I may not look it now, but I plan to be in shape for sakuracon XD)

I am pretty sure that Natalie wants to be Melfina, and another friend of ours may be doing Harry Mcdougal so, if you want to call one call it. Other than that dont come crying if someone else in the group is the same person.
So let me know!

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2007, 11:19:40 pm »
Laser tag would be fine, though I've been wanting to get back into paintball again. It is expensive though.

As for an Outlaw Star group..like I said, I have been wanting to do this Suzuka crossplay for a while now so it looks like this may be incentive enough to make sure it is done by then.

Offline PhantmK

• Chibi
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2007, 12:44:20 pm »
Alright sounds good. I will try to get a list up and running in the cosplay forum.
That way no one tries for the same thing unless they want too.