Author Topic: Hotel news?  (Read 3971 times)

Offline Rushifa

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Sewing Madness
Hotel news?
« on: September 04, 2007, 11:53:36 pm »
So, I wasn't able to go to closing ceremonies, and I was wondering if they announced anything about the hotel for next year?  I super curious what the plans for next year will be like...thanks!

Offline Rathany

• Bunnygirl
Re: Hotel news?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2007, 11:56:42 pm »
Next year we will be back at the Lloyd Center Doubletree!  That means easy MAX access, more space and also having a park across the way for cosplay photo shoots.

I remember MAXing in cosplay last time we had the Doubletree, it was ALOT of fun. 
2003 - 2006 Kumoricon Attendee
2007 - Assistant Registration Manager - PreReg Side
2008 - Vice Chair
2009/2010 - Director of Relations
2011 - Return to Vice
2012 - herp derp

Offline lightlysalted

• Cabbit
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2007, 12:01:33 am »
Next year we will be back at the Lloyd Center Doubletree!  That means easy MAX access, more space and also having a park across the way for cosplay photo shoots.

I remember MAXing in cosplay last time we had the Doubletree, it was ALOT of fun. 

...sweet! I heard that was the case. I really, really liked that location.

Offline misamisa

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2007, 12:02:39 am »

Oh hell yes, I will so be riding the MAX in cosplay next year.

Also, cosplay at the mall.  YUSSSS.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2007, 12:17:34 am by misamisa »
k-con '09: Creed (Black Cat); Euphemia (Code Geass); Ichimaru (Bleach); Takano (Higurashi no Naku koro Ni)

Offline Rushifa

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Sewing Madness
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2007, 12:05:21 am »
Awesome, that makes me really happy!  That place was so nice and easy to get to, and had a big mall next store for all those hungry cosplaying stomachs.  The park was also really nice, and I remember liking the hotel...hopefully we wont have to be sharing it this year with another con...

Offline Nanao_chan

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2007, 12:35:10 am »
I hear that The DoubleTree really hates us.... but then again, I'm not too sure. I was there only on day last time. But the DoubleTree reminds me of a Dane Cook sketch.... anybody else think of that?
-----------------------------
The Random Panel of Doom: More adults than you can shake some pocky at.
(RPoD Panelist 2008-2014)

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2007, 08:23:03 am »
double tree was great ...red lion hated us
the reason we left double tree was because they had a contract with the shriners for the weekend we wanted grr those shriners
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline 10_6madhatter

• Cabbit
    • Deviant Art Account
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2007, 08:41:03 am »
YAY! DoubleTree!!  That's much more manageable than Vancouver for meh x3

It was a crazy weekend at Red Lion if I recall properly... Don't think I'd hold it against them >.>
A little pain never hurt anyone!

Offline DarkStar

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2007, 04:33:20 pm »
I hear that The DoubleTree really hates us.... but then again, I'm not too sure.

I've been to a few conventions at the Doubletree Lloyd Center and in 2005 I had an opportunity to talk to some of the hotel management and they told me the Kumoricon group was one of the best they've had and would be eager to have them back.
--Chris ^_^

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2007, 08:10:04 pm »
hm i havent been to the double tree before. im going to have so much fun with the max and everything! :D
returning with a vengeance to K con~

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2007, 08:13:55 pm »
The Double-Tree?!  Nice one.  That was an excellent place.

I hear that The DoubleTree really hates us.... but then again, I'm not too sure. I was there only on day last time.
Like superjaz said, the Red Lion from last year was the really bad one.  They kept changing the rules on us and even double-booked us with a wedding-dinner or something.

Offline risotto

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2007, 08:32:40 pm »
Doubletree? ... Are you serious-- HELL YES! That is my favorite hotel out of the previous ones.  God now I'm pumped for next year already XD At least now it'll be more accessible to the MAX.

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2007, 10:12:34 pm »
do we know the date yet? (going to book a suit right away if we do!)
returning with a vengeance to K con~

Offline Nanao_chan

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2007, 10:27:19 pm »
We probably wont know for another week. But it looks like we'll have to make it at the end of august this time.
-----------------------------
The Random Panel of Doom: More adults than you can shake some pocky at.
(RPoD Panelist 2008-2014)

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2007, 10:43:40 pm »
It always seems to be the weekend before labor day.  But you might want to wait until staff can confirm the group code thing to get a better price.

And I just realized.  This means that for the first time in Kumoricon history it will be held in hotel we've stayed in before.

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2007, 11:29:38 pm »
Also for the first time in Kumoricon history, the con moved SOUTH from the previous location. All previous years, it's moved north.

Offline TanisNikana

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2007, 07:22:09 am »
It always seems to be the weekend before labor day.  But you might want to wait until staff can confirm the group code thing to get a better price.

And I just realized.  This means that for the first time in Kumoricon history it will be held in hotel we've stayed in before.

And so I believe that we have found our home.

Yay us!

Offline 10_6madhatter

• Cabbit
    • Deviant Art Account
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2007, 08:07:45 pm »
Also for the first time in Kumoricon history, the con moved SOUTH from the previous location. All previous years, it's moved north.

Me and my friends were joking that at its current pattern we'd be attending Kumoricon in Seattle next year, and then Canada the year after ;3
A little pain never hurt anyone!

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2007, 11:24:20 pm »

Me and my friends were joking that at its current pattern we'd be attending Kumoricon in Seattle next year, and then Canada the year after ;3
The first anime convention at the north pole. ^_^

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2007, 09:35:30 am »
It is a very good sign, it refute the suspect Sakura-drift of the convention as more and more decisions were made to make us more like Sakurcaon we moved close and closer to "big sis". However in the past year we've finally gotten some fresh blood that has managed to do things BETTER than Sakuracon and we'll now be standing tall as a more independant entity. 8)

*can't say more due to staffer solidarity*
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline Evaldas

• Chibi
    • Dancing Heron
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2007, 11:38:52 am »
I haven't been to Doubletree before, but I am assuming it is a good sign when people are going "yipee" about it. Is the exhibitor space going to be as big as it was with the Hilton? I know Doubletree states they have 17,000 square feet for the exhibitor space.