Author Topic: Kumoricon '07 summaries  (Read 1396 times)

Offline PaladinCecil79

• Catgirl
Kumoricon '07 summaries
« on: September 05, 2007, 05:12:34 pm »
This is a topic for people to post summaries of their experiences at this year's Kumoricon, so if you'd like to summarize your experience at this year's Kumoricon, feel free to do so.

Here's how my experience went:
Day 1:
I showed up at the con the night before and stayed in the Hilton. I had a room reserved at the Econo Lodge for the weekend, but when I reserved a room for the night before (which I did a week before the con), they said the room wasn't available. On the first day of the con, I changed into my Angelo (from DQ8) costume. After I checked out of my Hilton room, I waited in line to register and after registering, I hung around the hotel for a while. Later in the day, I checked into my room at the Econo Lodge. Other than that, I spent much of the day videotaping stuff, taking pictures and purchasing a few things in the dealer room. I also attended the guest reception and met Kirk Thornton, Sean Schemmel and The Applegeeks. I also got a lot more reactions over my Angelo costume at this con. I first wore it to Sakura Con, but didn't get that many reactions. I think a lot of people didn't recognize my costume. I didn't have the wig and cape for it at the time.

Day 2: I wore my Resort King Jade costume for most of this day and also for the third day. I also hosted a photoshoot for general RPG characters and attended Kirk Thornton's panel. I also planned on attending a Risembool Rangers meet-up, but I showed up at the wrong time. I even ordered some pizza, but I was able to share it with a few other people who were nearby, who I enjoyed interacting with.
Later in the evening, I hung out with a couple of DQ8 cosplayers for a little while and later on, I attended Anime That Scarred Me For Life, Story, Story Die and Fanfic Bedtime and was able to tape some great footage at the latter two events.

Day 3: I attended Cosplay Chess for the first time, which was a great experience and I plan on continuing to attend it. I also attended the FMA shoot. Later in the day, I attended closing ceremonies and also attended the Rant and Rave event for the first time.

Offline Shadow

• Catgirl
    • My deviantART Page
Re: Kumoricon '07 summaries
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2007, 05:22:46 pm »
My con experience can be read here ---> http://miss-hypershadow.deviantart.com/journal/14492428/!

=3

Like TDS? Become a fan on facebook!: http://www.facebook.com/thedeppsquad

Kumoricon 2013

Sweeney Todd
Hit-Girl