Author Topic: Fan Creation Room=Awesome  (Read 2263 times)

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl
Fan Creation Room=Awesome
« on: September 04, 2007, 03:40:42 pm »
The only problem I had was that the room was too small for a lot of the events, but other than that, it was very very cool.

What did everyone else think? Any suggestions? Ideas for future panels/projects?

And don't forget--if you liked the room or want to help improve it, join the_creation_station@yahoogroups.com and kumoricon_fanfiction@yahoogroups.com to get your word in the game.

Offline Riyuki

• Cabbit
Re: Fan Creation Room=Awesome
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2007, 09:00:44 pm »
My suggestion is that the people running the station would be a little more helpful to people that are new to it. There was no organization or rules for some things, thus people that didn't already know how the events went, got left out or stuck on the bottom. Maybe try making a forum post ahead of time about how these events (such as bedtime stories) are going to be run, and just plainly giving more information about how the whole station works would be really helpful. Hope it can be great next year!

Offline kekame

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2007, 09:20:11 pm »
I liked that there was food... but... I was a noob, so I didn't really know what to do... so we just ended up leaving before we ever got to read. It was really a bummer.
Sora - KHII (Regular Outfit, Kingdom Key)
Kaiba - Yugioh (Battle City)

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2007, 11:20:27 pm »
I tried to greet everyone who came in during non-panel/event time and tell them what the room was for.

I'll admit we were a bit disorganized, and I'm not sure why. The materials table in particular--for some reason, we didn't have all the stuff we usually do.

But I think it was more of a fluke, and I hope you all come next year!

Offline kekame

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2007, 11:48:11 pm »
Actually, I didn't draw anything, so I was just talking about the fanfics Sunday night. =)

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2007, 02:10:18 am »
Aaaah. Well, you should have stuck around, we had a fic acted out!

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2007, 08:33:36 am »
it was great have a fan creation headquarters during con , thats where we made out jepordy signs
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline kekame

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2007, 11:28:48 am »
Aaaah. Well, you should have stuck around, we had a fic acted out!

By about midnight, we were passing out from just general con exhaustion. It would have been cool to read our fic... we were gonna do the voices from Yugioh Abridged. =) But we figured we'd leave before the drive back to the hotel became dangerous.

There was one thing I wanted to ask though... there was a story about 'Koji' and 'Stan'. What fandom was that? Or was that an original story? It was really good, but no one I knew could think of any anime/manga with a Stan and a Koji. ^_^;