Author Topic: Darker than Black anyone?  (Read 2904 times)

Offline Sasu-kitty

• Sailor Scout
    • Senshi-Con Alaska
Darker than Black anyone?
« on: July 11, 2007, 04:58:16 pm »
I freaking love DtB, and I decided that I'm gonna cosplay Hei. 

Anyone else planning on hitting the con as someone from the series?  If so, we should do a photoshoot or something.

Or just meet up and hang out =D

Plans for Kumori '08
Hei (Darker than Black)
Ichiro (Nerima Daikon Brothers)
Kyon (Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu)
Possibly more...

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
Re: Darker than Black anyone?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2007, 11:33:09 am »
OMG FLIPPIN' A!!!! I <3 darker than black :D I wish I could cosplay as someone from it but I already have too many costumes. Mabbe if I have enough money for a wig I'll go as Havoc though ::{I liked her a lot even though she was in like 3 eps ;.;}:: I will have to get pictures of you though!

EDIT: Just looking for wigs, I can get a decent wig for about $16 bucks and my mum and I could make her little dress thinger in less than an hour. I probably wouldn't wear the costume around the con but if you're going to have a photoshoot count me in! Only if I get my other two costumes done in time though >.>
« Last Edit: July 12, 2007, 11:42:07 am by ~boogiepop~ »
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline Sasu-kitty

• Sailor Scout
    • Senshi-Con Alaska
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2007, 02:06:49 pm »
Pictures I can do =D

I'm really excited about this costume, and if I can finish it up, I'll be really proud.  I'll want to show it off like mad.

I am needing tips, though.  I'm gonna be making the mask myself. With its odd shape, I don't know how to make it comfortable.  After I finish posting, I'll draw up a concept, and add it to the post.  My problem is, I don't know what to make it out of.  I was thinking of papier-mache, but that's too rough and messy.  I was also thinking of using this tutorial, though I think it may prove to be more difficult, as I was considering using sunglass lenses for the eyes so I can actually see when I wear the mask.  As for attaching it to my face, I was just gonna use an elastic string.  Simple.  Any ideas?

Also, the knife. I can't seem to find any good reference pictures of it.  If anyone has some, I'd be most appreciative, as I plan to make it using the same process as I linked to before.

I'm designing the harness myself, and so far, I'm really proud of how the prototype is turning out. I can't wait to see the final product.

And on a last note, I <333 sewing.  I'm so not male xD

Plans for Kumori '08
Hei (Darker than Black)
Possibly more...

Offline Raiphin

• Sailor Scout
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • Raiphin Cosplay Facebook Page
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2007, 02:01:59 pm »
World needs more sewing males! :P

then again, I still need to learn to sew before I can be an actual sewing female. Ah well!

I kinda want to do a Yin cosplay because her costume is awesome, but is made for slim, small people rather than tall, curvy girls. ^ - ^;;;; Who knows, maybe I'll do it anyways if my current one gets done quickly!
~Raiphin~
facebook.com/RaiphinCosplay

Upcoming Cons: GGC, Akicon, Sakuracon
Costumes: Hajime (Gatchaman CROWDS), Rise (Persona4), Meilin (CardCaptor Sakura), Mahou Shoujo Madoka (PMMM)

Offline Hei

• Cabbit
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2007, 10:14:19 pm »
Yeah, I'm going as Hei.  I'm done except for the gloves and something to cover my eye holes. Didn't see much point in the harness because he always wears that trench coat, and as for the mask, there was an anbu mask tutorial on cosplay.com I adapted for my purposes and I'm fairly happy with the results (who'da thought "crayola model magic" would've been good for anything?).

If you're going to do a group photo count me in!
09 cosplay:
Tomodachi/Friend - 20th Century Boys

Offline Sasu-kitty

• Sailor Scout
    • Senshi-Con Alaska
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2007, 04:30:03 pm »
Yeah, I'm not bothering with the harness this year, that was just in case I get too warm with the coat. 

But For now, it's looking like the mask, coat, and gloves.  I won't even have time to make the knives. >_<

Plans for Kumori '08
Hei (Darker than Black)
Possibly more...

Offline Sasu-kitty

• Sailor Scout
    • Senshi-Con Alaska
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2007, 09:05:25 pm »
Well so much for that. Less than a week until I leave, and I don't have money for the coat.  No Hei from me.  Looking forward to seeing you there though, hei.

Plans for Kumori '08
Hei (Darker than Black)
Possibly more...

Offline Hei

• Cabbit
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2007, 11:14:52 pm »
ok, quick comment. at the con I was talking to someone who I guess is saku-kitty(?) cuz he talked about the harness as well. somehow I had forgot that I registered on the forums here as Hei and got all confuzzled. just to confirm, I am the guy who did Hei cosplay at the con, and I very much appreciate all the love I got from the DTB fans- I lost count of how many pictures I posed for, and I got my very first fan-girl glomp! 
And i DO intend to be Hei again next year (i just need to re-do my mask and maybe make a few more improvements), so I encourage everyone to join in, and we can have some kiriharas, havocs, novembers, februarys, whatever, and if your character isn't easily recognizable by itself, you can just stick with me. it'll be badass.

so once more, sorry guy-who-asked-me-if i-was-the-hei-from-the-forums, i have the worst memory ever. we should hang- pm me or something
09 cosplay:
Tomodachi/Friend - 20th Century Boys

Offline QElderHell

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2007, 11:52:07 pm »
never heard of it, but ill have to look it up

sounds like my soul

Offline The Night Bringer

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2007, 01:47:09 am »
I saw and photographed the Hei picture. Darker than Black is the coolest anime out there. Im crossing my fingers that some horrible American corporation doesn't rape the life out of it like Funimation or something.

I adored that there was at least one Darker than Black cosplay. You get over 9000!!! awesome points.

Offline Sasu-kitty

• Sailor Scout
    • Senshi-Con Alaska
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2007, 10:59:10 am »
ok, quick comment. at the con I was talking to someone who I guess is saku-kitty(?) cuz he talked about the harness as well. somehow I had forgot that I registered on the forums here as Hei and got all confuzzled. just to confirm, I am the guy who did Hei cosplay at the con, and I very much appreciate all the love I got from the DTB fans- I lost count of how many pictures I posed for, and I got my very first fan-girl glomp! 
And i DO intend to be Hei again next year (i just need to re-do my mask and maybe make a few more improvements), so I encourage everyone to join in, and we can have some kiriharas, havocs, novembers, februarys, whatever, and if your character isn't easily recognizable by itself, you can just stick with me. it'll be badass.

so once more, sorry guy-who-asked-me-if i-was-the-hei-from-the-forums, i have the worst memory ever. we should hang- pm me or something

Hey, Hei. xD  I saw you around a bit, and I thought that was you.

Yeah, it was me that talked to you.  I'll watch for you next year, and hopefully I'll find someone I can be, if not another Hei. 

Awesome work on your costume, though. <3

Plans for Kumori '08
Hei (Darker than Black)
Possibly more...