Author Topic: Cute Crafts!: DIY Workshop (Updated!)  (Read 16732 times)

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
Cute Crafts!: DIY Workshop (Updated!)
« on: August 10, 2008, 05:46:45 pm »
  Cute Crafts! DIY Workshop! 

Come enjoy our 2-hour long workshop dedicated to the super-popular Sweets Jewelry and Decora arts! Demonstration by Ashlee on how to make the Sweets Jewelery and she'll help you make your own sweet accessory!

Bring your own items to decorate!

If you don't have a mobile phone or item you'd wish to decorate we have compact mirrors you can decorate.

Please only choose one activity to do so that we can make room for everyone! Get there early to reserve a spot.

No need to worry about the rhinestones/pearlstones easily falling off, they are set with very strong crafting glue!

If you have any questions, ask them here!

Time: 3-5 pm on SUNDAY, in the Mt. St. Helen's room.
This does interfere slightly with the cosplay contest, seeing as most people line up early to get good seats. We hope you will come and decorate with us.  ;)

« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 10:32:26 am by Neko_Chan »

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
Re: Cute Crafts!: DIY Workshop
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2008, 06:42:53 pm »
oh so cool! so what type's of items can we bring in to decorate?
da/tumblr
Pull the trigger, pull the trigger, pull the trigger. BOOM

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2008, 07:09:58 pm »
Lots of people decorate small items they use daily, mirrors, hairbrushes, cellphones and other electronics, makeup (the containers for powder, foundation and mascara are most often). You can pretty much decorate any item you wish, so long as it doesn't heat up to the point of making the glue become a liquid again and thus ruining the effect haha.

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2008, 09:06:40 pm »
Lots of people decorate small items they use daily, mirrors, hairbrushes, cellphones and other electronics, makeup (the containers for powder, foundation and mascara are most often). You can pretty much decorate any item you wish, so long as it doesn't heat up to the point of making the glue become a liquid again and thus ruining the effect haha.
awesome. that makes it all the better*goes to rummage through room for things*. thank you. ^_^
da/tumblr

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2008, 09:44:04 pm »
awesome. that makes it all the better*goes to rummage through room for things*. thank you. ^_^
You're welcome!
I hope to see you there.

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2008, 11:23:11 pm »
You're welcome!
I hope to see you there.
same here. :3
da/tumblr

Offline laurifer

• Catgirl
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2008, 09:00:58 pm »
I will most def be there. As long as it doesn't clash with the forum meet up and pocky club panel :D

Btw I dunno if you got my message, but I'd like to buy some of your friend's jewelry but I dunno how to get in contact with her (cos I don't have an LJ account)

Sig by me~~~

Cosplay for '08:
Probably none D:

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2008, 09:06:54 pm »
Oh yeah totally sorry about that  ::),  I can send her a message with what you'd like just tell me the items and any specifications.

Offline laurifer

• Catgirl
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2008, 09:19:00 pm »
Thanks! I don't need and special requests cos I already like her work :D

I'd like one of each please, but can you tell me how much they cost first?

(the red heart)

Sig by me~~~

Cosplay for '08:
Probably none D:

Offline DeathNotePanda

• Chibi
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2008, 02:01:57 am »
Uhm...so do you have to bring your own stuff? Such as stones, gems, flowers ect.? Or will you be providing them? I'm sorry I'm like really lost...O.O

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2008, 10:20:47 am »
Uhm...so do you have to bring your own stuff? Such as stones, gems, flowers ect.? Or will you be providing them? I'm sorry I'm like really lost...O.O
We will be providing rhinestones/pearlstones, glue, etc. (The flower set actually costs like... 40 bucks so we couldnt get the little silicone flowers, that picture is a representation of what you can do) If you dont have a cellphone or other item you wish to decorate, we will also have compact mirrors.

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
Re: Cute Crafts!: DIY Workshop (Updated!)
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2008, 12:27:48 am »
damn if the times 3-5 then that means I can only be there for like an hour. I'll have to hurry with gluing then....maybe I can send a friend in for me. hmmm.
da/tumblr

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2008, 10:31:29 am »
damn if the times 3-5 then that means I can only be there for like an hour. I'll have to hurry with gluing then....maybe I can send a friend in for me. hmmm.
Just for an estimate for you, I takes me bout 10 minute to get all of the decorations I want set up on the item in the placement I want, and then about 15-20 minutes to actually glue them down.
We'll make sure to be ready exactly at 3 so that people who are busy dont have to wait.  :)

Offline FizzTheCarbonated

• Sailor Scout
    • http://aimeeevilpixie.deviantart.com
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2008, 10:37:43 am »
Neko_Chan, do you have any little advertising flyers for this?  If you do, I can totally offer them to people at the end of the tea party if you'd like me to.  ^_^
Your Darwin fish will not protect you from my wrath!

Offline tofutakeout

• Bunnygirl
    • Deviantart
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2008, 12:34:02 pm »
Just for an estimate for you, I takes me bout 10 minute to get all of the decorations I want set up on the item in the placement I want, and then about 15-20 minutes to actually glue them down.
We'll make sure to be ready exactly at 3 so that people who are busy dont have to wait.  :)
really? that would be awesome. makes a lot of sense to do that. :D
da/tumblr

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2008, 03:23:06 pm »
Neko_Chan, do you have any little advertising flyers for this?  If you do, I can totally offer them to people at the end of the tea party if you'd like me to.  ^_^
Well Ashlee is helping with my panel and I believe she is helping with yours as well so if you could just let her say a little something (she'll probably be wearing some of her own jewelry at the tea party anyway lmao) that would be great!

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2008, 03:42:11 pm »
Well Ashlee is helping with my panel and I believe she is helping with yours as well so if you could just let her say a little something (she'll probably be wearing some of her own jewelry at the tea party anyway lmao) that would be great!

Cool, she can do that if she wants.  ^__^

There's still RSVP room for the tea party, BTW, if you want to come.  I don't know how busy you're going to be.  Also, your question about what we were going to do for two hours gave me an awesome idea:  Lolita Bingo!  For prizes!  ^___^

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2008, 10:08:07 pm »

Cool, she can do that if she wants.  ^__^

There's still RSVP room for the tea party, BTW, if you want to come.  I don't know how busy you're going to be.  Also, your question about what we were going to do for two hours gave me an awesome idea:  Lolita Bingo!  For prizes!  ^___^

I'm not dressing lolita anymore, I'm more punk/VK now haha~ But thank you for the offer.

That sounds cute!

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2008, 10:18:34 pm »

I'm not dressing lolita anymore, I'm more punk/VK now haha~ But thank you for the offer.

That sounds cute!

I did decide that some VK was going to be allowed this year.  I like VK.  ^_^

And thanks!

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2008, 08:16:38 pm »
Letting everyone know that we can hold items overnight for you if you wish to let them dry with us. (You may be tempted to play with them! You must resist this urge haha).

Note that because of humidity, some of the Sweets Jewelry might take longer to dry than the Rhinestone/Pearlstone decorated items.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2008, 09:14:36 pm »
Just to let you know I think this is wonderful and adorable, in case my responsibilities in the Creation Station prevent me from attending. :)

Maybe next year your workshop could be earlier in the con, and folks could use items they make with you amongst their cosplay props!
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2008, 10:11:23 pm »
Aww, Thank you! If people respond well (even if its a small group that attend) I think we might do it next year~! And maybe include Nail Art as well.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2008, 04:15:41 pm »
Aww, Thank you! If people respond well (even if its a small group that attend) I think we might do it next year~! And maybe include Nail Art as well.

If you do come up with a little flier advertising your workshop, please drop some at the Creation Station rooms in the EMC.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2008, 06:54:47 pm »

If you do come up with a little flier advertising your workshop, please drop some at the Creation Station rooms in the EMC.
Hmm, if two people have said they'd like fliers maybe we can whip some up. :) Sorry, but whats the EMC? XD

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2008, 07:36:23 pm »

Hmm, if two people have said they'd like fliers maybe we can whip some up. :) Sorry, but whats the EMC? XD

Yay!
and oops! Executive Meeting Center. It's the wing of the Doubletree Lloyd Center (the con hotel) in which our fan creation rooms, called the Creation Station, will be
:P

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2008, 07:39:51 pm »

Yay!
and oops! Executive Meeting Center. It's the wing of the Doubletree Lloyd Center (the con hotel) in which our fan creation rooms, called the Creation Station, will be
:P
Oh, okay! Thanks so much haha.

Offline BangBangNeko

• Chibi
    • BangBangNeko Cosplay
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2008, 07:32:49 pm »
aww This is such a good idea, you definitely should do it next year ^_^ I would be coming this year but since it runs into the Cosplay contest I can't since I'm competing T_T sad dayT-T and I wanted to make some cute rings for my new lolita outfit T_T Oh well best of luck to you guys ^_^

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2008, 09:36:52 pm »
Thanks! I hope we get a better time slot next year so you can attend.  :)