Author Topic: How exactly do you 'start' a panel?  (Read 4050 times)

Offline thetwisterfairy

• Cabbit
How exactly do you 'start' a panel?
« on: September 03, 2007, 11:40:48 pm »
Yeah. I was wondering, because the Glmop Fest circle was a biiig hoot this year, and I was thinking we could maybe get a room or something to do it inside (where the bottle won't break).

I think it would be a big hit. : D

I mostly want to know the requirements to apply for a panel and such.

I've already got another person to help me out, and I'm about 97% sure more people will voulunteer to help this happen. x3
OFFICIAL GLOMP FEST MEMBER.

Help get a 'Glomp Fest: Spin the Ramune Bottle!' panel into the schedule next year! Volunteer! >D

Offline Antares

• Catgirl
    • http://bellethecat.com
Re: How exactly do you 'start' a panel?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2007, 10:37:19 am »
I would say, hold on to that enthusiasm and watch for the Kumoricon 2008 Director's election. Then get in touch with the Programming Director. You can also look here for this year's form (just so you know what is requrired) - http://kumoricon.org/?page_id=18

(about 1/2 way down the page - look for the following)

Programming and Operations
Panelist Forms

Event Panel Form [fillable PDF] – This form allows you to sign up to run a panel or event at the convention. Our schedules are built on these forms, so they are mandatory for all persons running a panel.

Budget Request Form [fillable PDF] – If you will require funds for your panel or event, you will need to fill out the Budget Request Form. If you do not, you may not receive reimbursement.

Prize Form [fillable PDF] – If your event will require prizes for contestants, please fill out the Prize form.

Panelists’ Rules [web page] [PDF] – Applies to those giving panels.

My Photos KCON08: http://s165.photobucket.com/albums/u66/wanderergone/Kcon08/

2008 Industry Manager :: 2007 Publicity and Relations Staff :: 2006 Publicity and Relations

Offline thetwisterfairy

• Cabbit
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2007, 12:30:58 pm »
Thank you so much~

I'll look out for that election; and I'll check out what's required. <3

And, trust me: this enthusiasm is going NOWHERE.

Help get a 'Glomp Fest: Spin the Ramune Bottle!' panel into the schedule next year! Volunteer! >D

Offline Kirakins

• Sailor Scout
    • My Myspace
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2007, 04:00:24 pm »
I was in the glomp circle 2 days in a row. I was the Gir and then I was also Kairi :) I would LOVE to volunteer at the panel. Just tell me what to do >.> Or if you need my myspace or something. KYAAAHHH! Glomping FTW!

Planned Cosplay '09

Roxas - Christmas Town, Cyber Punk, and Masquerade. Bringing other versions, too.
Naruto - Shippuden Naru

Offline ~Marluxia~

• Oni
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2007, 04:22:25 pm »
I would love to volunteer in the glomp circle as well. I only really did it once ^^ but it was amzingly fun and i would SO be interested
« Last Edit: September 04, 2007, 08:40:41 pm by ~Marluxia~ »

Offline thetwisterfairy

• Cabbit
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2007, 09:22:50 pm »
AWESOME-SAUCE.

I'll keep al of you in mind when I apply for a panel!

THE MORE THE MERRIER.

Offline Sakaki Onsei

• Cabbit
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2007, 02:09:12 am »
Let me mention how I got into working on a panel:

At the second to last meeting (MiniCon), I got roped into working on a panel (Biology of a Hero)...blame the programming director for that. [^_-] So, there are many ways to do it, even inadvertently, but if you want to be an official panelist, get an idea and work on it really hard in your offtime, then get an app and submit it to the prog director.

Sakaki Onsei
aka Andie's Cosplay Beyotch
"I just want it to go smoothly!"

Offline Lit_of_Fey

• Chibi
    • http://yuri-lawliet.deviantart.com/
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2007, 10:31:31 am »
You might wanna talk to Mr_Mustash because this was his first year attending the con and he did the host club tea party which was enormously popular. x_x;;;

but YEAHH!!! I'd wanna volunteer at the glomp circle! :D
Someday...I'll get around to you.

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2007, 02:06:17 pm »
Since the glomp circle had to be moved out of the hotel space and there are a lot of hotel liability issues, when you present this to the next Prog Director or Panelist Manager, I suggeswt you have some sort of waiver system for the attendees to sign.

Something giving permission to others for glomping and also promising that they'll observe a certain code of conduct. Having the paperwork and signatures on file will be comforting to the convention's insurance agent and executive board in case somebody screws up and gets hurt or goes to far with a glomp. Once you've covered your bases up front then you can do the same old glomping circle you did this year and it'll be OFFICIAL.  ;)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 03:11:15 pm by TomtheFanboy »
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline thetwisterfairy

• Cabbit
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2007, 08:10:05 pm »
Thank you. xD

I suppose it WOULD be a good idea to get waivers... For the insurance peeps.

Now, I'll find out how to get 'waviers'. -retarded-

Thank you, Tomthefanboy. x3