Author Topic: Opinions on Lolita Panels?  (Read 4496 times)

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
Opinions on Lolita Panels?
« on: September 03, 2007, 08:08:54 pm »
My friends (Alice, Victoria) and I were the girls who ran the three lolita panels during the con and if you atended the Lolita: Informitive Panel, Lolita Tea Party or the Lolita sewing panel could you please post here with your opinions on our panels? :)

Thank you!

Caroline

Offline hikaru_maxwell

• Catgirl
Re: Opinions on Lolita Panels?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2007, 08:14:30 pm »
.....not really an opinion...as i'm sure I'd have difficulty giving an opinion on something I didn't get to attend...but, I wanted to apologize for not coming to the sewing or discussion panels. 

(I had other things to do).

^_^

~*~Member of Cannot Unsee~*~

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2007, 08:31:11 pm »
No problem. :> Try and show up next year though!

Offline maetel

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.livejournal.com/users/maetel9/
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2007, 08:33:45 pm »
PERSONALLY I THINK THEY WERE AWESOME

CAPS.

Offline Irate Beldam

• Chibi
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2007, 08:38:29 pm »
They were hardcore~

Especially with Victoria's being pushed backed because of that other panel, it went so smoothly.

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2007, 10:55:55 pm »
I agree. It sucked that our panel had to start late. D:

Offline Irate Beldam

• Chibi
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2007, 11:40:18 pm »
Yeah, it was kind of rude. :/

It sucks if his panel got pushed back, but just because that unfortunatly happens to him doesn't mean Victoria's panel needed to start late, too. She didn't do anything. D:

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2007, 11:42:40 pm »
Yes, I really really really do not get that at all. panel was to start at 3:30, wtf pushed his back so far?

Offline Irate Beldam

• Chibi
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2007, 11:50:44 pm »
I don't know, it was odd.

While I was standing outside I watched the full rotation of the reader board for the room the sewing panel was in, and from the morning time until 7pm other than their panel at 3:30, NOTHING was schedualed.

If it was at 3:30 and got canceled, why did that happen? There was nothing going on in that room, they could have done it way earlier.

So bascially, I think the room sat empty for several hours and THEN the gun panel started, and pushed back Victoria's panel. :/

Offline Jamiche

• Bunnygirl
I'm sorry for mix-up with your panel
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2007, 12:19:41 pm »
The gun panel was pushed back because we needed more time for the mask making workshop (it ended up being extended another hour and a half).  When I was looking at the schedule to see where it could be moved, I had forgotten that we moved your panel up an hour, so where we thought there was an hour and half open, there was only half an hour.  He thought he had an hour - it was my fault that your panels overlapped, and I am sorry about that.  It was never my intention to overrun your panel, and I do hope that you will still come back next year.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2007, 12:21:55 pm by Jamiche »
2015-2016 Director of Programming
2014 Assistant Director of Programming
2008-2013 Director of Programming
2007 Tech Manager & Video Room Coordinator, Manga Library & Cosplay Chess
2006 Video Room & Karaoke Manager
2005 Video Room Coordinator

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2007, 04:15:32 pm »
Oh, yes, wee'll be back next year don't worry. :> Thank you for clearing that up!

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2007, 04:17:20 pm »
the person who rant the over lapping pannel is a really nice guy he would have over lapped your time on purpase
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline maetel

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.livejournal.com/users/maetel9/
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2007, 07:13:09 pm »
the person who rant the over lapping pannel is a really nice guy he would have over lapped your time on purpase

well we told him several times, starting at 6:35 that our panel had to start at 7pm... and by 7:15 he was still going :/

Offline snarfles

• Oni
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2007, 07:18:01 pm »
I was sad that I wasn't able to attend the panels. They seemed like they were fun. But by the time I had heard about them, they were long past done. :<

Offline Daidouji

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2007, 07:41:34 pm »
Are you guys going to be doing these again next year? I really wanted to attend, but I ended up not being able to. ;_;
Kumoricon 07- Rena *Higurashi no Naku Koro ni*
Sakuracon 07-Kaoru *Ouran High School Host Club*
Kumoricon 08-Sakura *Cardcaptor Sakura*
Sakuracon 08- Haruhi Suzumiya

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2007, 07:44:55 pm »
We will be doing the panels again next year, yes. We'll make sure to post detailed desciptions for the tea party and a link to an RVSP.

Offline kuri_chan

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2007, 12:39:11 am »
COuld you possibly tell me the list of places to find the clothing again? I'm having trouble finding some of them.

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2007, 04:00:16 am »
well we told him several times, starting at 6:35 that our panel had to start at 7pm... and by 7:15 he was still going :/
Actually I cut off at 7:15, which shortened what was to be a 60min presentation by 15min. The person running the Lolita panel was very gracious about it all, and we both agreed that nicking 15min. out of each panel's duration was a reasonable compromise. It sure looked like you guys had a great panel going, and I too hope you all present again...

Jamiche was trying really hard to keep things on track and I thank her & Programming very much for all their hard work and planning.

My apologies to anyone who was inconvenienced by the overlap.

- G
« Last Edit: September 16, 2007, 04:08:25 am by Prinz Eugen »

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2007, 06:40:32 pm »
COuld you possibly tell me the list of places to find the clothing again? I'm having trouble finding some of them.
Certainly.

Baby, the Stars Shine Bright http://www.babyssb.co.jp/
Metamorphose http://www.metamorphose.gr.jp/english/
Fan Plus Friend http://www.fanplusfriend.com/servlet/StoreFront
Closet Child (second hand Gothic, punk, lolita clothing) http://www.closet-child.com/index.html

Dont' ship to the US, but you can get a shopping service and buy things from them through your service;
Innocent World http://innocent-w.jp/
Angelic Pretty http://www.angelicpretty.com/

A huge brand website list here btw;
http://community.livejournal.com/egl/8678713.html
and shopping services;
I personally use Mai. I think she's nice and quick at answering emails.
http://www.livejournal.com/tools/memories.bml?user=egl&keyword=Shopping+Services/Reviews&filter=all

Offline XFD

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2007, 05:52:43 pm »
It was neat, I would have liked more discussion on tie-ins with pop culture, maybe more depth of its history and such over the Q&A session but you did fine.

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2007, 04:31:42 pm »
Like, what do you mean Tie ins with popculture? Like movies/books/magazines etc? Or...?

Offline XFD

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2007, 12:46:16 am »
Most people I know, only know the loli look from very narrow views. Some know it as far as Kamikaze girls, others from Mana/Malice Mizer, and small handfuls of niche information. I really liked the discussion on the different types and would have loved it if there were more depth to the history or influence of the particular look. To expand on this, we know some-what well how EGL came about, but was classic Lolita derived from EGL? Not likely, so how did that look come into form. Things like that.

I recognize that panels can be overly brief, but maybe supply some recommended reading materials or similar so that those with just a hint of interest can go dig further.

Just my two cents :)

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2007, 06:53:19 pm »
Ahh, sorry, roritanaziiii but Mana didn't create or start the lolita fashion and he himself isn't lolita, but visual~ xD Sorry! I had to say.

Okay, we'll take that into account next year and tell more about the people who design the lolita fashions and more about the lolita fashion houses.

Thanks for your input! :D

Caroline

Offline XFD

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2007, 09:05:44 pm »
Oh I know, but that was my point entirely. In most instances, the first one seen is thought to be the creator. Personally I thought Mana was the originator of it, then watched Kamikaze girls and later found out the Rococco (SP?) thing was legit. I still wonder who actually started the look. :(

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2007, 02:28:19 pm »
Oh okay. :D~

Rococo. :D Angelic Pretty was started in 1979 and BTSSB shortly after that. It must have just been in their heads, ya know.

We'll def. go over that next year. :D