Author Topic: Glomp?.... what is Glomp? is it good or bad?.....  (Read 17168 times)

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
Glomp?.... what is Glomp? is it good or bad?.....
« on: September 02, 2007, 12:40:30 pm »
OK well I thought Glomp just meat a simple hug but it was just a funny word for it. And when my friend and I decided to hold a sign up "that said we love glomps!" We were joking around, and we were only looking for friendly hug (from Final fantasy characters!!! and my Friend wanted to hug a KH character because she is more into KH than Square Enix in general like me, I LOVE VINCENT!!!). But someone walked by us saying "they are all sluts" It made it sound like what we were doing was dirty. They might not have been talking to us but still......  Would someone please Clarify what 'Glomp' Means? and make it REALY CLEAR. ??? ???
« Last Edit: September 02, 2007, 01:18:34 pm by Black~Rose »

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
Re: Glomp?.... what is Glomp? is it good or bad?.....
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2007, 02:23:39 pm »
Stupid question I know... But I am sensitive to what people say and I wont be able to rest easy until I know whether it actually was bad or not!! ((Very bad Past, I don want to explain))

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2007, 02:58:56 pm »
No, glomps aren't a bad thing.  Lots of people do it.

A "glomp," if you want to define it, can vary depending the degree of the glomp.  A glomp can just be a hug and then there are cases of flying glomps.  What I think most people think of when they hear "glomp" is just someone making a semi-surprise hug on someone.  Some people don't mind this while others don't like it (key note: If their cosplay looks delicate and intricate, don't glomp them).  Most people won't mind glomps but ask them first just in case.  However, since you have a sign, you probably won't have to worry about that for the moment.

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2007, 03:12:43 pm »
No, glomps aren't a bad thing.  Lots of people do it.

A "glomp," if you want to define it, can vary depending the degree of the glomp.  A glomp can just be a hug and then there are cases of flying glomps.  What I think most people think of when they hear "glomp" is just someone making a semi-surprise hug on someone.  Some people don't mind this while others don't like it (key note: If their cosplay looks delicate and intricate, don't glomp them).  Most people won't mind glomps but ask them first just in case.  However, since you have a sign, you probably won't have to worry about that for the moment.

Ok, thankyou!, I dont have the sign anymore. I was only at the con saturday ((not enough time T-T)) I always asked befor hugging. But what about the people that said "they are all sluts?" were they just being jerks?

Offline Syd-chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2007, 08:48:55 pm »
Yeah, they were just jerks.....

Offline animedude3

• Oni
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2007, 08:55:45 pm »
*glomps black rose*
heh...
hello!this wuz my first anime convention(07). it wuz reely fun, thnx evwyone! u guys were so nice^.^im or pm me if u r nu and want sumone 2 tok 2.o, and i LUV sora (no i am not bi or gay) and if u even saw me, i wuz the normal-person-exept-with-bear-hatXD

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2007, 09:11:27 pm »
Lol thanks ppl

Offline maetel

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.livejournal.com/users/maetel9/
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2007, 05:44:07 pm »
well it doesn't make you a slut, just an attention whore.

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2007, 05:47:41 pm »
well it doesn't make you a slut, just an attention whore.
Thanks.................I think?.................... I seiriously just thought it was just a funny thing to do, I never wanted to come off as either of those things... :-\

Offline GenKirby

• Oni
    • My DA
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2007, 05:49:43 pm »
Glomps aren't anything sexual are anything. And a lot of people have signs and bottons that ask for glomps. I think the people that called you sluts were just a bunch of losers.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2007, 05:57:05 pm by GenKirby »
I was Saix for '07.
If took my picture, please send it my way. <3

Offline Delphi

• Sailor Scout
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2007, 06:00:40 pm »
Being an attention whore at a con is different from being an attention whore IRL I think. Because I'm not nearly as much as an attention whore outside of cons as I am at one. Then again, I was cosplaying Haruhi.

And people are still people, even at cons. They're going to get jealous and call people they think are prettier than them sluts or people that seem to be more popular. Or maybe they just think you are a slut. But in the end, who really cares what they think. You'll probably never see them again and if you do then they're probably gonna be pretty embarrassed that you heard them.
Unable to come this year. Sorry guys...

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2007, 06:09:05 pm »
Being an attention whore at a con is different from being an attention whore IRL I think. Because I'm not nearly as much as an attention whore outside of cons as I am at one. Then again, I was cosplaying Haruhi.

And people are still people, even at cons. They're going to get jealous and call people they think are prettier than them sluts or people that seem to be more popular. Or maybe they just think you are a slut. But in the end, who really cares what they think. You'll probably never see them again and if you do then they're probably gonna be pretty embarrassed that you heard them.
I dont remember what they looked like so, I might see them and not even know it. lol

Offline hikaru_maxwell

• Catgirl
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2007, 07:00:24 pm »
actually, making the sign saying you actually LIKE to be glomped isn't really "attention whoredom" or "sluttiness".  Glomping is a way of showing affection, and is actually considered appropriate, and even welcomed by many of the congoers at Kumoricon.  If people don't WANT to glomp you, then they wont.  If they do, and you have a sign that says its okay, then they definitely will. 

(and if you really do like glomps, and attend next year...try going to one of the glomping circle meetups. you can participate, or even just watch, because it definitely showcases quite a few of the different styles of glomping.)

People don't glompe because they're whoring for attention. they glomp because its fun, and a way of showing affection for the person (or the cosplay).

~*~Member of Cannot Unsee~*~

Offline Kakashi1315

• Cabbit
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2007, 07:06:46 pm »
alot of people glomped me, i only glomped people with the signs or when i was in that glomping circle. its fun^^

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2007, 07:22:21 pm »
I saw the Glomping Circle but I wasnt brave enough to join.
I did get glomped by a Kadaj though............ LOL

Offline Rushifa

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Sewing Madness
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2007, 07:26:13 pm »
Those people were just being jerks.  Some people at cons can be pretty jaded, and look down on people actually enjoying themselves.  It might have had more to do with you holding signs up, than anything specific.  Some people are annoyed by people with signs *shrugs*  Don't listen to them, I'm sure it was cute!

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2007, 08:53:28 pm »
awww dont worry about it at all! glomps are fine by all means

i know practicly every ones said it but glomp i think means by what i heard is:

Tackle hug from behind.  thats how i define it. although i ussaly do it from the front.

i bet those guys werent talking about you at all :/
returning with a vengeance to K con~

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2007, 08:57:45 pm »
Some Guys are so insensitive......... ::)

I really Hope they werent Talking about me :-\

Offline xxxchihiroxxx

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantart
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2007, 09:05:04 pm »
Some Guys are so insensitive......... ::)

I really Hope they werent Talking about me :-\
im sure the werent! so many things go on at these cons that you cant tell whats going through the guys heads or what incedent they where thinking about. it could be about any number of girls at the con doing somthing slutty or something like that. or who knows maybe its just people they know irl they are talking about
returning with a vengeance to K con~

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2007, 11:36:01 pm »
Maby............ Anyways, thanks so much for the support guys, I appreiciat it alot

Offline Ryu-chan

• Chibi
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2007, 11:45:40 pm »
awee /pat mean guys dont deserve to be called men! the're probly the same guys that were spitting off the ledge sat. as people were walking through, got the cops called on them too haha props to whomever called the popos!  to me glomp means overexessvecompulsiveBEARHUG! so ill go Rawr! and pick you up and spin you around or go meow! and jump on you xD

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2007, 11:49:17 pm »
awee /pat mean guys dont deserve to be called men! the're probly the same guys that were spitting off the ledge sat. as people were walking through, got the cops called on them too haha props to whomever called the popos!  to me glomp means overexessvecompulsiveBEARHUG! so ill go Rawr! and pick you up and spin you around or go meow! and jump on you xD
LoL Yeah I saw those guys.... I got under a cover before they could spit on me though.

Offline thetwisterfairy

• Cabbit
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2007, 11:50:13 pm »
Yeah. Glomping is simply a way fellow otaku tell each other that they like their cosplay; or, simply, "You're flippin awesome, man."

I was one of the people who was a glomp whore. xD You have no idea; you are no slut, believe me. If you are, then multiply slut times 100 to get me.

But yeah. If you want to expierience some glomping, find a glomp circle! I'm actually trying to start a panel, so look for that, too. xD
OFFICIAL GLOMP FEST MEMBER.

Help get a 'Glomp Fest: Spin the Ramune Bottle!' panel into the schedule next year! Volunteer! >D

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2007, 11:57:42 pm »
Yeah. Glomping is simply a way fellow otaku tell each other that they like their cosplay; or, simply, "You're flippin awesome, man."

I was one of the people who was a glomp whore. xD You have no idea; you are no slut, believe me. If you are, then multiply slut times 100 to get me.

But yeah. If you want to expierience some glomping, find a glomp circle! I'm actually trying to start a panel, so look for that, too. xD
lol I saw the circle and the people hugging each other but my friends wouldnt join so i wasnt  about to go in alone. LOL

Start a panel?? whats that mean?

Offline hikaru_maxwell

• Catgirl
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2007, 12:02:26 am »
Starting a panel is what happens when you take an congoer unofficial event like the glomp game we have now and turn it into an official panel that's listed in the convention guide that you get in your 'swag bag' at the start of the convention.

basically a way to make sure we have more participation, as more people will know about it ahead of time.

Offline thetwisterfairy

• Cabbit
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2007, 12:04:44 am »
Yup.

I'm trying to start a panel dedicated to glomping.

It's long past due.

Help get a 'Glomp Fest: Spin the Ramune Bottle!' panel into the schedule next year! Volunteer! >D

Offline hikaru_maxwell

• Catgirl
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2007, 12:06:10 am »
It worked for the 'Random Panel of Doom', why not for the GlompFest?

Offline Ryu-chan

• Chibi
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2007, 12:08:49 am »
yea i got under cover too, then i gave them my *i'm going to jump up there and kick your arse so hard your spitsd gonna come out of your nose* look (lol suprised i have one? @_x) but i decided to leave, then the popo patrol shows up LOL

Offline thetwisterfairy

• Cabbit
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2007, 12:10:28 am »
WELL SAID, Hika-chan!

-clapclap-

Offline hikaru_maxwell

• Catgirl
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2007, 12:14:30 am »
Of course.  I am a Glomp Fest member...even if you never got my email addy...(you have my sisters)

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2007, 12:17:21 am »
Starting a panel is what happens when you take an congoer unofficial event like the glomp game we have now and turn it into an official panel that's listed in the convention guide that you get in your 'swag bag' at the start of the convention.

basically a way to make sure we have more participation, as more people will know about it ahead of time.
OOOH COOL!! That would Be Awsome!

Offline thetwisterfairy

• Cabbit
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2007, 12:33:13 am »
Yes.

It 'wouldn't' be awesome, though.

It 'WILL' be awesome! >D

IT IS AWESOME.

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2007, 12:36:21 am »
Yes.

It 'wouldn't' be awesome, though.

It 'WILL' be awesome! >D

IT IS AWESOME.
LoL Okay That WILL be AWSOME!!

Offline gemineye42

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2007, 12:55:31 pm »
"The Science of Glomps"
Panel Kumoricon 2008

Agenda:

Definition of "Glomp"
Varieties of Glomps, and demonstration (Audience Participation)
Glomp Safety
When NOT to Glomp
How to word your Glomp sign so you're not breaking con rules
Suggestions to make your costume Glomp-prepared and durable

Feel free to add ^_^
I can has cheezburger?

Offline Jew_knight

• Cabbit
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2007, 01:11:49 pm »
I'm one of the founding members of the random panel of doom, and I was at glompfest '05 in the park outside the con. I would love to see a panel about all that, and maybe put in my expertise on the subject X 3 We had glomping competitions at random panel as well so if you like extreme glomp sorts join us, lol. I had the longest glomp of 8 feet >.<

And your not a slut or any variation of the word. In fact, let me be the first to glomp you at next years Kumoricon!
Miageta yozora no hoshi-tachi no hikari

Offline thetwisterfairy

• Cabbit
« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2007, 02:03:01 pm »
@ gemineye42 - I WOULD HELP DEMONSTRATE.

@ Jew_knight - Uhyup. We actually JUST officialized the glomp circle as Glomp-Fest this year. xD AND, OHO. I DO MORE THAN 8 FEET. >D And, I think I'll go next year so I, too, can put in my expertise.

<3

Offline Crystal

• Cabbit
« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2007, 02:20:02 pm »
"The Science of Glomps"
Panel Kumoricon 2008

Agenda:

Definition of "Glomp"
Varieties of Glomps, and demonstration (Audience Participation)
Glomp Safety
When NOT to Glomp
How to word your Glomp sign so you're not breaking con rules
Suggestions to make your costume Glomp-prepared and durable

Feel free to add ^_^

Can we add Huggles to the agenda? They are much more cuddly and less dangerous than glomps, I think. Plus a lot of people don't seem to know the difference.

Offline Hei

• Cabbit
« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2007, 10:51:22 pm »
Glomps are usually pretty awesome and I was happy this year cuz I got my first fangirl glomp. 

But people need to know- there should be a mandatory convention psa or something- that you have to be careful! Make sure the person is ok with it, and make sure that there is nothing breakable or step-onable anywhere nearby (somebody in the glomp circle broke my mask by stepping on it on saturday)
09 cosplay:
Tomodachi/Friend - 20th Century Boys

Offline misamisa

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2007, 11:52:13 pm »
Hooray for glomps!
I received a flying glomp from a girl the minute I stepped into the hotel Saturday afternoon.  A staff member even yelled at her, "hey, no running!"
I was excited about it though, because it meant that somebody recognized and liked my cosplay character, so yay!
I would've joined in the glomp circle, but I was always afraid someone would pull my wig off.  ^^;
k-con '09: Creed (Black Cat); Euphemia (Code Geass); Ichimaru (Bleach); Takano (Higurashi no Naku koro Ni)

Offline D-Chan

• Sailor Scout
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2007, 10:03:44 pm »
i was glomped so amny times it was amazing!  i will definately try to attend glompfest next year!
1st con-Kumori-Con 2007
Naruto in chess for 2007 and 2008

2010 - Yumi, Naruto, and Kid Goku
2011 - Hopefully Mr. 6 will make and appearance, and Lupin III.

Offline Naleh

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2007, 09:10:32 pm »
Yay for the glomp fest, I wouldn't mind helping with the demonstration, like size ratios for flying glomps. I never jump glomp someone unless I think they can support my weight, or have a delicate cosplay. Safety first, especially in cosplay... one of my costumes next year will not allow me glomp others in, I'll have to hug instead... TT___TT I can already hear a collective sigh of relief coming from Kakashi cosplayers... >.>
K-con 08-
ANBU! (Rawr!)
Tobi :D

Remember kids! An apple a day, keeps the Shinigami sane!

Also please don't hate the plantman....Zetsu's a people person. (nomnomnom XD)

Offline LittleCodfish

• Cabbit
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2007, 09:18:55 pm »
Glomps are alright, when done with permission.

If someone came up to me and said, "Would it be all right if I glomped you?", or something to that extent, I'm fine with.

But when I'm walking down the side walk, minding my own business, and all of a sudden I hear "OH MY GOD HINATA!!!!" and see three girls running full speed down the street in my direction with their arms out, that's a bit scary. D:

I'd just like some notice. A little notice is alls I ask. T_T
« Last Edit: September 08, 2007, 09:28:23 pm by LittleCodfish »

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2007, 09:44:03 pm »

If someone came up to me and said, "Would it be all right if I glomped you?", or something to that extent, I'm fine with.

But when I'm walking down the side walk, minding my own business, and all of a sudden I hear "OH MY GOD HINATA!!!!" and see three girls running full speed down the street in my direction with their arms out, that's a bit scary. D:

Lol I always ask people, its my friend marilyn that you should worry bout but dont worry th rest uf us keep her in line lol ;D

Offline LittleCodfish

• Cabbit
« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2007, 10:17:24 pm »

Lol I always ask people, its my friend marilyn that you should worry bout but dont worry th rest uf us keep her in line lol ;D
Yes, I'm always sure to ask, too.

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2007, 10:22:36 pm »

Yes, I'm always sure to ask, too.
Lol I also like to have at least a 3 second warning though too I agree with you, I would like to expect it.

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #45 on: September 09, 2007, 04:42:09 am »
A little bit of random info, here:

According to fan lore, "glomp" is an approximation of the sound emitted by an anime character executing a flying tackle-hug on an unsuspecting target. ;) Whether or not the sound is accurate is debated, but at the very least it's fun to say, so it caught on.

The main problem is that while anime characters take it in stride, real people sometimes HATE being hugged without warning. There's also a small (but real) risk of injury.

I've heard a particularly frightening horror story of a (female) cosplayer who got a running "glomp" tackle from a 300+ pound fangirl that landed her in the hospital with a broken rib. o_o;; She says she never went back to that particular convention, and the glomper was banned from returning. I don't mean to be at all resentful towards overweight fans, but at some point the physics of the human body have to be taken into account. Even with normally-sized people, your glomp target may be frailer than s/he looks.

If you ask for permission, though, it generally solves such problems. So no worries. ^^

As for a panel, I'm willing to bet you'll get a positive response from staff. Hmmm... low-risk programming content that requires no special equipment, no setup time, and can be held practically anywhere? Those types of panels are generally pretty welcome. ;) Whoever runs your panel may eventually need to sign up for a panelist badge (assuming they aren't already staff), but otherwise I think you should go ahead and ask about it.

P.S. -

Your sign reminds me of a couple of Ranma 1/2 cosplayers (one of them in a panda mascot suit) who wandered the halls of Sakura Con with a sign that read "FURII HAGU (Free Hugs)". Corny romanization aside, it was cute and pretty well-received. ^^ I think a sign that said "Free Glomps!" would be equally well-received.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 04:50:42 am by Radien »
A member of Eugene Cosplayers. Come hang out with us.

Kumori Con 2010 Cosplays:

Link (The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess)
Apollo Justice

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #46 on: September 09, 2007, 09:54:46 am »

According to fan lore, "glomp" is an approximation of the sound emitted by an anime character executing a flying tackle-hug on an unsuspecting target. ;) Whether or not the sound is accurate is debated, but at the very least it's fun to say, so it caught on.

The main problem is that while anime characters take it in stride, real people sometimes HATE being hugged without warning. There's also a small (but real) risk of injury.

I've heard a particularly frightening horror story of a (female) cosplayer who got a running "glomp" tackle from a 300+ pound fangirl that landed her in the hospital with a broken rib. o_o;; She says she never went back to that particular convention, and the glomper was banned from returning. I don't mean to be at all resentful towards overweight fans, but at some point the physics of the human body have to be taken into account. Even with normally-sized people, your glomp target may be frailer than s/he looks.

If you ask for permission, though, it generally solves such problems. So no worries. ^^

As for a panel, I'm willing to bet you'll get a positive response from staff. Hmmm... low-risk programming content that requires no special equipment, no setup time, and can be held practically anywhere? Those types of panels are generally pretty welcome. ;) Whoever runs your panel may eventually need to sign up for a panelist badge (assuming they aren't already staff), but otherwise I think you should go ahead and ask about it.

P.S. -

Your sign reminds me of a couple of Ranma 1/2 cosplayers (one of them in a panda mascot suit) who wandered the halls of Sakura Con with a sign that read "FURII HAGU (Free Hugs)". Corny romanization aside, it was cute and pretty well-received. ^^ I think a sign that said "Free Glomps!" would be equally well-received.

Wow that must have been frightening!!..... I wouldnt talckle people (just gordon but he's my friend and he expects it lol)  and your right Glomp is fun to say, and real people should consider how fast and hard they are comeing at someone. Risk of injury is important too consider. I aggree with you compleatly

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2007, 07:14:51 pm »
Wow that must have been frightening!!..... I wouldnt talckle people (just gordon but he's my friend and he expects it lol)  and your right Glomp is fun to say, and real people should consider how fast and hard they are comeing at someone. Risk of injury is important too consider. I aggree with you compleatly

Yeah, the story pretty much made me go o_o as I heard it. That's the thing about being among 7000+ fans: the likelihood of running into "teh crazies" goes up.

Reserving the tackle-hugging for your friends is a great solution. ^_^ That way you know whether they'll object. And you'll also know whether they're insured!! (j/k)

Apollo Justice

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #48 on: September 09, 2007, 07:19:59 pm »

Yeah, the story pretty much made me go o_o as I heard it. That's the thing about being among 7000+ fans: the likelihood of running into "teh crazies" goes up.

Reserving the tackle-hugging for your friends is a great solution. ^_^ That way you know whether they'll object. And you'll also know whether they're insured!! (j/k)
LoL I would be one of those crazies but not in a tackleing kind of way, I scream but for the most part Im just Weird and VERY random Lol but I'm too clumzy to be someone to take a risk at running tackle hugging some random person, 1 I'd miss, 2 I'd trip before I got there, 3 gordon is just REAAAAALLY slow Lol

Offline Jew_knight

• Cabbit
« Reply #49 on: September 09, 2007, 11:23:58 pm »
@ gemineye42 - I WOULD HELP DEMONSTRATE.

@ Jew_knight - Uhyup. We actually JUST officialized the glomp circle as Glomp-Fest this year. xD AND, OHO. I DO MORE THAN 8 FEET. >D And, I think I'll go next year so I, too, can put in my expertise.

<3

Hehe, i can do longer I guarantee, but its hard with no room to run because your in a full panel room >.< lol
Miageta yozora no hoshi-tachi no hikari

Offline Naleh

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #50 on: September 09, 2007, 11:30:11 pm »

P.S. -

Usually I'm good about asking... but once or twice it slips my mind in the crazyness of the con and I hug said poor victim... erm If your one of mentioned victims... Sorry... ^_^0
K-con 08-
ANBU! (Rawr!)
Tobi :D

Remember kids! An apple a day, keeps the Shinigami sane!

Also please don't hate the plantman....Zetsu's a people person. (nomnomnom XD)

Offline gemineye42

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #51 on: September 10, 2007, 04:42:37 pm »
I'm considering having the Science of Glomps panel early on Saturday, and everyone who comes can get a free button that says "GLOMP OK" in big, friendly letters, so people will know these folks are glomp-able. Might also have "NO GLOMPS" buttons for folks who want to make it clear. We will most assuredly have a "Glomp Safety" section with suggestions on the polite way to ask to glomp someone, and the polite way to accept a denial, etc., as well as how to hug someone and not hurt them, lol.
I can has cheezburger?

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #52 on: September 10, 2007, 06:26:21 pm »
LoL I would be one of those crazies but not in a tackleing kind of way, I scream but for the most part Im just Weird and VERY random Lol but I'm too clumzy to be someone to take a risk at running tackle hugging some random person, 1 I'd miss, 2 I'd trip before I got there, 3 gordon is just REAAAAALLY slow Lol

Ha, you don't seem like one of the crazies. Have fun. ;)

Usually I'm good about asking... but once or twice it slips my mind in the crazyness of the con and I hug said poor victim... erm If your one of mentioned victims... Sorry... ^_^0

If you glomped an Ashton cosplayer, that was me. If you don't know who "Ashton" is, you probably wouldn't want to glomp me anyway. ;) (unless you reeeeally liked my two stuffed dragons...)

I'm considering having the Science of Glomps panel early on Saturday, and everyone who comes can get a free button that says "GLOMP OK" in big, friendly letters, so people will know these folks are glomp-able. Might also have "NO GLOMPS" buttons for folks who want to make it clear. We will most assuredly have a "Glomp Safety" section with suggestions on the polite way to ask to glomp someone, and the polite way to accept a denial, etc., as well as how to hug someone and not hurt them, lol.

"NO GLOMPS" sounds a bit unfriendly. You should find a way to make it firm, but humorous!

I know someone who makes and sells buttons in artist's alley, but he didn't come to Kumori Con this year. I hope he'll come next year. Anyway, he can do on-site custom button jobs for cheap, but if it requires a printer you have to wait at least a day, since he doesn't bring his computer to his booth.

Or I could get his contact info, if this is catching your interest...
« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 06:30:00 pm by Radien »

Apollo Justice

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #53 on: September 11, 2007, 01:30:24 pm »

That is a great idea. I'll have to make sure that we have a Pocky Club representative there to get signatures on the Yes Glomp List and the Do Not Glomp List so Pocky Club's records can be even more accurate. Our lists only apply to deliveries but the buttons work for the whole convention.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline DuckyL

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #54 on: September 12, 2007, 12:40:07 am »
hmmm looking through this, i think a panel would be much better than the glomp circle that was outside. i mean, i liked the thought, but i was constantsly getting glomped in all different manners throughout the weekend. so i avoided the glomp circle just because i was tired enough from the glomps i was getting just randomly. (and i was afraid that if i got too close, i'd be pulled in. nearly happened once. *shiver*) so if you *do* have said panel, it would make it easier on those of us that enjoy being glomped, but don't want to go out of our way for any addition glomp-age. if that makes sense... bascially, the panel means no more fear of being pulled into the glomp circle for me ^^;

also, you might want to consider getting a hold of some of those gym mats that cushion people's falls for when you demo the really crazy stuff >.> just in case.

and just to redeem myself, because i think i sound a bit cold to the idea, but i do love glomps. A LOT. otherwise i wouldn't have put myself in a position to be glomped all the time. but i had been glomped so much that i felt that if i joined in the circle, i would just open myself up to more glomps, at a potentially more violent level. so in the end, i was just trying to preserve myself for more glomps later on ^^

Con Plans:
YaoiCon07(L, Son Goku) SakuraCon08(L, ZeroSuit Samus, Yuri) PAX08
Cons Past:
SakuraCon04-06 PAX06 SakuraCon07 PAX07 KumoriCon07

Offline gemineye42

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #55 on: September 14, 2007, 07:50:40 pm »
Our demo-ers may need some extra padding, seeing as what happened while testing the sumo-suits.....>_>

And we can definitely make the "No glomp" buttons something funnier like "I'M ALLERGIC TO GLOMPS" or "GLOMP-FREE SINCE 1984" hehe.
I can has cheezburger?

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #56 on: September 14, 2007, 09:58:10 pm »
once in my bio class the teacher was showing slides of dna that th reson we could see it was because the dye has glomped onto the dna, glomping on a cellular level
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline TanisNikana

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #57 on: September 15, 2007, 11:28:46 am »
I need to be glomped moar...

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #58 on: September 15, 2007, 11:35:06 am »
^ Lol