Author Topic: Cosplay Photoshoot List  (Read 38907 times)

Offline BoredHorror

• Chibi
    • http://www.boredhorror.deviantart.com
Re: Cosplay Photoshoot List
« Reply #100 on: August 28, 2007, 12:02:52 am »
d. gray man photoshoot: 4 pm saturday please
-Mikae

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #101 on: August 28, 2007, 06:30:59 am »
OK OK guys.... hold on....  :D
I switched it.

Also, the Plaza if the corner of the park closest to the hotel. It has the clock tower and the fountain and the big metal fish.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 06:33:15 am by TomtheFanboy »
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
« Reply #102 on: August 28, 2007, 08:50:20 pm »
Kay, One Piece is officially 9am on Monday in the park.
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice
Simon - Minor Acts of Heroism
?? Essence - Red Hood & the Outlaws
?? Cassandra Cain Batgirl - Batman

Offline Lin

• Catgirl
« Reply #103 on: August 29, 2007, 10:07:35 pm »
So those who are cosplaying as Excel Saga characters MEET IN THE LOBBY AT 7:30 P.M. SATURDAY NIGHT for a photoshoot!
Secrety secrets!

Offline BlitzAceTidus

• Sailor Scout
    • BATCosplay.com
« Reply #104 on: August 30, 2007, 02:16:55 pm »
  Wow, this is probably one of the most horribly planned out lists i have seen. How is anyone supposed to make it to as many as they can? There are 4 gatherings at 11am on Sat.  The DeathNote and Bleach gatherings are scheduled at the same time. the Naruto and Ouran gathering are also at the same time. How is anyone supposed to go to these gatherings for their costume no less how is a photographer supposed to try and cover all the gatherings they can. *sigh*

Offline PaladinCecil79

• Catgirl
« Reply #105 on: August 30, 2007, 02:34:53 pm »
Regarding the Tales shoot, that shoot is for Tales games in general, so you should have it say Tales games or Tales of... games.

Offline Nekochi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #106 on: August 30, 2007, 04:08:38 pm »
  Wow, this is probably one of the most horribly planned out lists i have seen. How is anyone supposed to make it to as many as they can? There are 4 gatherings at 11am on Sat.  The DeathNote and Bleach gatherings are scheduled at the same time. the Naruto and Ouran gathering are also at the same time. How is anyone supposed to go to these gatherings for their costume no less how is a photographer supposed to try and cover all the gatherings they can. *sigh*
In case you haven't noticed, if we did that there wouldn't be time for everything. Most people who can only come one day go to the con on either Saturday or Sunday, meaning that most photoshoots can't take place on Monday, or no one would show up. Now of the people who are cosplaying, a lot of them are probably going to enter the Cosplay Contest. Rehearsal for that starts at 9AM on Sunday meaning that if someone is in the cosplay contest they probably can't make any photoshoots taking place on Sunday. So most of the cosplay photoshoots would have to be on Saturday. Now, let's look at the list of events hypothetically given these circumstances. For the purpose of this hypothetical situation we will assume that each photoshoot remains on the same day it is on now and that all photoshoots are spaced exactly an hour apart. If we start at 9AM on Saturday, the photoshoots would last until 8PM. (Meaning that it started at 7PM and ended at 8.) If you started at the same time on Sunday, the photoshoots would all be finished at 3PM, leaving only half an hour before the seating for the Cosplay Contest.

These wouldn't be the only problems either. Making a photoshoot at 9 or 10AM is fine if you are staying in the hotel or live only half an hour away like I do, but there are plenty of people coming from much greater distances and it would be impossible for them to make it there that early unless they got up very very early. Secondly, there are plenty of people who can't stay very late. I know that my mom doesn't like me out very late and will probably pick me at around 7PM or so. Some people have to leave even earlier because of prior commitments such as appointments or if they are younger than 13, their parent is too busy to just sit around in a hotel all day just so that their kid can go to an event that many parents, including mine, think is centered around a childish pastime. Not only that, but there are a lot of important events that people don't want to miss which would conflict with the schedule if it was different. The Opening Ceremonies, AMV Contest, video game tournaments, and the Random Panel (of Doom) are just a few of the more popular ones. Frankly, I don't see how the schedule could be changed to have photoshoots not overlap and still not conflict with any really important events or have all the people in the photoshoot still be able to come. Please think before you speak next time... >> [/justiceful rant]

2008 cosplays:
Princess Mars from Sailor Moon
Lumina from Harvest Moon AWL/DS ?
Ouran High School Host Club Junior High Uniform

Offline BlitzAceTidus

• Sailor Scout
    • BATCosplay.com
« Reply #107 on: August 30, 2007, 04:18:24 pm »
think about the cosplayers who cosplay from Deathnote and Bleach. They wont be able to go to one of the photo gatherings. I think that really, since we cant cater to everyone who is cosplaying, we might as well try to make it so people can show up to as many gatherings as they want, rather than make it so everyone who is coming can make it to one.

Personally, when i go to a con, i do wake up at 7. I get into costume so i dont miss anything. I know alot of people dont even sleep. There is a small few people who actually sleep in and go to bed early, why should us cosplayers who actually WANT a ton of pictures and to meet a ton of people and hang out with friends have to cut back on that for the people who dont want to drive from their house early enough to attend. You snooze you lose.

I did think before i spoke. Thats how i feel and I know plenty of people who feel the same way. We wont be able to get pics of the gatherings we want to nor will we be able to attend them. I feel sorry for the people who have to pick and choose.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 04:21:44 pm by BlitzAceTidus »

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #108 on: August 30, 2007, 06:02:39 pm »
I did think before i spoke. Thats how i feel and I know plenty of people who feel the same way. We wont be able to get pics of the gatherings we want to nor will we be able to attend them. I feel sorry for the people who have to pick and choose.

Poorly planned out...blah blah blah. You get what you pay for you know. This list wasn't made by the Programming staff or any official part of Kumoricon at all.

Yeah, well you know who planned this?
THE COSPLAYERS THEMSELVES.

Each one of those times was decided upon by the cosplayers of each genre and then posted in this thread. I didn't make this thread as a place to decide on these times, I made it as a way of compiling information.

Please make all complaints to the individuals who made the decisions, the people who spent the last few months communicating their wishes with each other. Anyone who cared about making it to each and every photoshoot they wanted to be in should have been letting people know then. Rather than just bitching about other people's choices.

That being said, people are still moving times around. They have been in constant flux ever since the schedule was posted. If you want something changed then go poke the cosplayers. Any scheduling I see evidence of will be posted.

Edit: Oh and the FMA thread had a brilliant idea! TWO DIFFERENT times! OMG! You mean that you can have a photoshoot without every single costume of that genre there? Amazing.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 06:10:01 pm by TomtheFanboy »
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline BlitzAceTidus

• Sailor Scout
    • BATCosplay.com
« Reply #109 on: August 30, 2007, 06:26:59 pm »

Poorly planned out...blah blah blah. You get what you pay for you know. This list wasn't made by the Programming staff or any official part of Kumoricon at all.

Yeah, well you know who planned this?
THE COSPLAYERS THEMSELVES.

Each one of those times was decided upon by the cosplayers of each genre and then posted in this thread. I didn't make this thread as a place to decide on these times, I made it as a way of compiling information.

Please make all complaints to the individuals who made the decisions, the people who spent the last few months communicating their wishes with each other. Anyone who cared about making it to each and every photoshoot they wanted to be in should have been letting people know then. Rather than just bitching about other people's choices.

That being said, people are still moving times around. They have been in constant flux ever since the schedule was posted. If you want something changed then go poke the cosplayers. Any scheduling I see evidence of will be posted.

Edit: Oh and the FMA thread had a brilliant idea! TWO DIFFERENT times! OMG! You mean that you can have a photoshoot without every single costume of that genre there? Amazing.

Wow. I dont think i deserved a reply with curse words.... or sarcasm. I wasnt behaving immaturely at all. It seems people cant state their opinions without being verbally attacked by people who disagree. hmm..

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #110 on: August 30, 2007, 06:37:08 pm »

Wow. I dont think i deserved a reply with curse words.... or sarcasm. I wasnt behaving immaturely at all. It seems people cant state their opinions without being verbally attacked by people who disagree. hmm..

You came and started complaining about the photoshoot schedule. You can state your opinions to the right people and it'll help. If you complain about my list in my thread I'm going to take it personally. you're getting verbally attacked because I'm defensive about something I'm doing to try and HELP people who are doing multiple cosplays. If the list hadn't been put up then people would have to go and seek out each seperate thread themselves. I get defensive when I try and do people favors and get insulted.

You were a little immature with the melodramatic *Sigh*. I thought you would have expected such a rebuttal from me. I can tell your frustrated with the schedule but again, it's still being changed. Convince people to meet at different times.
Also, it's the internet. Every post can be sarcastic.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
« Reply #111 on: August 30, 2007, 08:27:55 pm »
  How is anyone supposed to go to these gatherings for their costume no less how is a photographer supposed to try and cover all the gatherings they can.

Since most of the photo shoots are in the park, you should still be able to get pictures of groups that are meeting at the same time. Most of them will be in the same general area.

As for being in two shoots at once, I'm almost doing that. Naruto is at 9 and KH is at 10 and I plan to be in both of them. I won't be there the whole time for both, but I'm committed enough to do a quick change in between so I can at least be at a part of each. As Tom said, we planned them the best we could, and people who had scheduling issues (like me) spoke up and got it worked out as best we could. We can't make everyone happy, but I think we've done pretty good so far. I hope you can manage to work in most of the shoots you wanted! ^^
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
« Reply #112 on: August 30, 2007, 08:30:10 pm »
One Piece - 9am Monday, The Grand Line

Is the Grand Line an actual place we can meet at, or is that just the park? Cuz I would love it if there was an area of the con called the Grand Line! XD;;
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #113 on: August 30, 2007, 09:38:52 pm »
One Piece - 9am Monday, The Grand Line

Is the Grand Line an actual place we can meet at, or is that just the park? Cuz I would love it if there was an area of the con called the Grand Line! XD;;

Naw, I was just messing around. I suppose the play fountain is the closest thing you could get in the park.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!