Author Topic: Any Talk of an Inuyasha Photoshoot for K-Con 08?  (Read 1856 times)

Offline Syd-chan

• Bunnygirl
Any Talk of an Inuyasha Photoshoot for K-Con 08?
« on: August 29, 2007, 09:12:54 pm »
I suppose I should be waiting until AFTER the Con, seeing as people are probably busy, but this can be used after the Con as well. So....does anyone have information for an Inuyasha Photoshoot in the works? I mean, me and my friend are going, but after the Con, post how many you saw...I know me and my friend are going and Kikyo and Inuyasha. [Would have done Kagome, but you let me near a skirt and I will shread it]

Offline Kumi-chan

• Sailor Scout
Re: Any Talk of an Inuyasha Photoshoot for K-Con 08?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2007, 09:38:35 pm »
If I go next year (I have the time to plan for it for '08)...I have Kagome finished, and I'll be working on both versions of Sango and a Miroku costume over the winter. Kagome is the most likely out of all, since it's actually done (it takes me ages to finish anything, so even a year in advance I'd bet on the completed outfit over the one still in fabric-pile form).

I did Kagome at Anime Evolution a couple weeks ago. I was the nutcase with the bike:
With bike and Shippo
Patching someone up with my first aid kit (Best con moment ever, Katara calls out "anyone know where the first aid station is?". I was standing right behind her holding my kit.)

I'll be making a few alterations, like painting my bike pink and making a larger backpack, and finishing my quiver and arrows. I might also make the winter uniform top for fall cosplay.
Rumiko Takahashi fangirl
Wig fanatic, props junkie, fabric snob, cosplay addict

Smile smile!

Offline Syd-chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2007, 05:41:57 pm »
Cool! So, I saw the tip of your bow....Where did you get it?!

Offline Kumi-chan

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2007, 06:59:59 pm »
I ordered it from the Walmart site, but I had to paint it red myself. I also had to remove the black rubber grip they had on it and replace it with some muslin wrapping. I wouldn't recommend ordering from them, though. It took them three tries and about a month longer than originally promised to actually get the thing to me.  >:(
Rumiko Takahashi fangirl

Smile smile!

Offline Syd-chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2007, 11:21:27 pm »
Ah, I see. Was it expensive altogether? I think I'm doing Kikyo, so I need a longbow, which sounds expensive....

Offline Kumi-chan

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2007, 08:59:09 am »
Not really, about $18 for the bow, maybe $10 for shipping. I couldn't find one that worked at any of my local stores. This one's about the perfect size for Kagome; you can get a better idea of the size here. I think $30 is a good price for a prop that really works. But then, I'm really serious about my cosplay. Eventually I wouldn't mind finding (or making) an authentic Japanese small bow...some of the details on this one aren't right (like how the string is attached).

The one I bought was actually intended for a child (the pull is only 20 pounds), because it was the least embellished style they had. Even then, the grip was annoying to remove. For a longbow you may have to visit a specialty site. I think I saw some that are made for RennFaire costumers, though I have no clue which site it was. And they were all expensive, over a hundred at least.
Rumiko Takahashi fangirl

Smile smile!