Author Topic: Reading Corner!  (Read 4207 times)

Offline hunters_spirit

• Oni
Reading Corner!
« on: August 27, 2007, 09:23:00 pm »
This year at Kumori-con, we'll be setting aside an area for people to drop off fics that they've written and where others can pick them up to read, called the Reading Corner.  In general, submissions should be less than ten pages in length, but feel free to drop off a small section of a novella if it strikes your fancy.  We'll have cover sheets which will have space for you to advertise where the rest of your fics are, so anyone that gets hooked can finish off what they started.  We'll offer some limited printing at con, but if you can, please bring your fic already printed.

Also, remember that any con participant can grab any fic, so please keep the fiction at a PG-13 or under level.

Also: We're still accepting submissions for the Fanfiction Contest!  If you want, I can print out a copy of your fic to be put into the Reading Corner.  Just mention it in the mail to fanfic@kumoricon.org!

hunters_spirit
Fanfiction Judge (1/3) and Creation Station Staff

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl
Re: Reading Corner!
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2007, 12:14:40 am »
I'll certainly bring some of mine! Do you care if they've been folded?

Offline hunters_spirit

• Oni
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2007, 10:42:22 pm »
I'd prefer not, but as long as they fit in the report covers, I'm fine.  ^^

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2007, 07:41:42 pm »
I'm thrilled about the Reading Corner, which brings us back to our roots from the Beta Station at Kumoricon 2004.

However, please note that THE CORRECT ADDRESS FOR SUBMITTING FANFICTION, MANGA, AND WEBCOMIC CONTEST ENTRIES IS:

fanficcontest@kumoricon.org

that's

fanficCONTEST@kumoricon.org

(not really in capitals)

thanks all!

Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).