Author Topic: Fandom Bears: Bring your own bear?  (Read 4166 times)

Offline Mouse

• Oni
Fandom Bears: Bring your own bear?
« on: August 27, 2007, 08:40:32 pm »
Hi!

I'm Mouse, and I'm running the Fandom Bears workshop. Somewhere else on the forums somebody asked if they should bring their own bear. This is a totally reasonable question, so I'm reposting this here for the Good of the Community. :: cues swelling, Russian-themed music::

Bringing your own bear would definitely help out, as you get to pick them out yourself. Me? I bought a handful of bears, but went for cheap, and, if you want your bear to have more starting character that 'it was in the 50 cents bin', bringing your own is best!

Only requirement is that it doesn't have mechanical 'guts'; the needles will snap if we try to punch into plastic or what have you.

Any other questions? I'll gladly answer them!

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
Re: Fandom Bears: Bring your own bear?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2007, 07:42:43 pm »
Thanks hon, love u

the mechanical "guts" issue: so i think that would rule out any bears that have wind-up gears, walk, have press-buttons, play music, etc?
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline Mouse

• Oni
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2007, 03:29:14 pm »
Well, if the press buttons are not in the area we're working on, like the hand, it'd be ok. Mostly, though, we're looking for 'pure' stuffed toys.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2007, 10:23:40 pm »
Mouse, thank you again for pulling this together and doing a wonderful job. I hope you will continue this workshop at future Kumoricons and also anywhere our Creation Station yahoo group is running a room :)
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2007, 11:53:37 am »
So what exactly IS a fandom bear? Cuz I know I have a Build-a-Bear that I based off Kiba from Naruto. Is it something similar to that?
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice
Simon - Minor Acts of Heroism
?? Essence - Red Hood & the Outlaws
?? Cassandra Cain Batgirl - Batman