Author Topic: 3 Day Con + Body Make up? Help! ;_;  (Read 2544 times)

Offline Basket

• Cabbit
    • http://www.Orhasket.Deviantart.com
3 Day Con + Body Make up? Help! ;_;
« on: August 27, 2007, 11:59:53 am »
Alrighty, so, this may seem like a completely retarded question buuttt..

I'm cosplaying my Night Elf priest character, and thus I am required to be purple. Luckily, since I'm actually wearing clothes, I don't need to make up my entire body.  Here's a ref: http://www.angelfire.com/az3/lizblade/Golden33copy.jpg ((My costume isn't exactly that, but based off of it))

The only parts of my body I really need make up for are my upper arm, upper thighs and face. I've purchased Kryolan brand make up, cleanser and sealer. So far it seems to work quite well. However, it does bring to mind one question...

Bathing?!

I'm a hygiene-lover and would definitely like to take a shower everyday of the con. Is it reccomended to scrub it all off, shower, then put it all back on? Or is there some secret ninja wait to get clean, not smell like otaku-b.o, and only have to touch up the make up? I dunno, I'm very new to this @_@ Any posts help! Thank you!
No No Four Times No I'm Not Your Daughter!

Offline BoredHorror

• Chibi
    • http://www.boredhorror.deviantart.com
Re: 3 Day Con + Body Make up? Help! ;_;
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2007, 01:47:00 pm »
I think that link is broken.. but I can help you a little maybe

First, remember to put lotion on everywhere make-up is going before you apply the make-up(it helps it come off easier once it's time for it to come off)
Second, are you going to be in this costume every minute of con? or when are you planning on wearing it? If it were me, I would take showers in the evening so I could wear it all day, wash it off and not have to apply it again till the next day.
-Mikae

Offline SunneyTehBunney

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2007, 02:52:43 pm »
Agree with Bored, plus, it's  bad for your skin to keep it on non-stop without washing. Just take a nice shower with hot water and wash it off with some body wash. Then in the morning, put some light lotion on and paint again. It'll look better, feel better and you'll smell better!

Offline Basket

• Cabbit
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2007, 03:08:18 pm »
Oh trust me, Satan with a bullwhip and a bucket of candy couldn't prevent me from showering everyday @_@

Thanks yah'll!

Offline QElderHell

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2007, 01:59:16 am »
what kind of gear you going to be sporting? Any nice Epics?

Im thinking next year im going to go as my Boomkin, possibly including a Hand of Rag just for the hell of it. But ill probably stick to my Bringer of Death, unless i get some phat epic before then (Which is definatly possible, with the new expo comming out).

Offline Basket

• Cabbit
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2007, 09:57:45 am »
what kind of gear you going to be sporting? Any nice Epics?

Im thinking next year im going to go as my Boomkin, possibly including a Hand of Rag just for the hell of it. But ill probably stick to my Bringer of Death, unless i get some phat epic before then (Which is definatly possible, with the new expo comming out).

Haha, nope, no epics

My costume is based off of my character's set at 61. Given I was in Hellfire citadel, all my beautiful blues and purples got replaced by freaking greens ;_;  But I liked how the greens looked anyway. Certain aspects (mostly colours) were changed either due to lack of time, laziness, or "That would look ridiculous in real life". Mostly the latter. However, I'm very very pleased with how it's turned out =) RIght now all I need to do is finish altering the top and test run all the make up and prosthetics. Hopefully I'll have time to add some more details.

Offline QElderHell

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2007, 02:10:49 pm »
i will enjoy moonfire-ing your night elf self.

Offline ssceles

• Cabbit
    • Sakura-con 2007 Cosplaying Adventure
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2007, 02:42:39 pm »
World of Warcraft at an anime convention? Spiff. Gotta love games, even if they aren't Japanese games. Too bad there's not a Blizz-con I can get to. What realm are you on?

Offline Syd-chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2007, 12:20:42 am »
LE GASP! I SAW YOU! I was the 12 year old wearing the cat ears and the rainbow scarf around my waist!