Author Topic: yummies?  (Read 5581 times)

Offline trinket

• Sailor Scout
yummies?
« on: August 31, 2004, 08:24:26 pm »
is there going to be some kind of goody stand or concession stand?

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
yummies?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2004, 11:12:08 pm »
i believe pocky and a few other things will be sold at the info booth. we're also considering getting some snacks from an asian specialty store for fanfic bedtime stories. any requests?
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline trinket

• Sailor Scout
yummies?
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2004, 08:54:41 pm »
Strawberry Apollo and Ramune!

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
yummies?
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2004, 01:21:24 am »
er, what are those?
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline Demons

• Oni
yummies?
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2004, 04:41:10 am »
Ramune is a soda from japan that is sealed with a marble

Offline Ruriko

• Sailor Scout
    • NekoPan Maid Cafe and Bakery
yummies?
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2004, 06:02:47 am »
Oh, I've wanted to try one of those marblesodas since I saw it on the anime 'Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi'!!  

I wonder if they will sell them there.....*crosses her fingers*

-ko

Offline Demons

• Oni
yummies?
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2004, 10:23:45 am »
animenation's description of ramune

Ever wonder what the name Knights of Ramune meant? Now you can taste the Ramune drink the anime series was named after! A Japanese favorite for over a century, ramune is a classic Japanese carbonated soda famous for its distinct glass bottle.

Rather than use a twist top cap, ramune bottles are closed with a vacuum sealed glass marble. Simply opening the bottle is an adventure by itself! To open your bottle of ramune, punch out the plastic plunger from the perforated ring it's attached to, place it in the hole in the thick plastic mouthpiece, and use it to depress the marble down into the bottle with gentle pressure. Ramune is carbonated, so make sure you've got a towel handy because your ramune will erupt on you, even if it doesn't look shaken up.

Offline zenix

• Chibi
yummies?
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2004, 10:58:11 am »
lol the first time i had ramune was on the way home from uajimia in the car lol got all over 3 people those things just shoot everywharem i dont think i have ever open one with it spraying a little the trick is to punch down useing your palm then hold on for dear life

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
yummies?
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2004, 12:42:45 pm »
o.o.

i went to 2 asian markets
spent about $80 which i hope soon to recoup!!

found some kind of pocky like thing with strawberrry

found a bottle of soda with with the word ramune on it that was lychee flavored. assumed that meant that ramune was lychee. bought you a can of lychee (fresh is out of season). then out of curiousity bought the soda too...which has a marble in it. two bottles!

i will try to get back there and buy more of them however they say not to store in hot car that was why i did not get more

plus being in debt

i also got various asian crackers and gums and candies and cookie/dip combos, and some boxes of tea and juice, and bottles of almond milk

and tea bags.........anyone have cups? water heater? plates?

i will aim to recoup what it cost me. if i get money over that it will just reimburse for expenses. if i don't get back cost, oh well. it's just not bedtime stories without night night snacks!

hope to see you all at fanfic bedtime stories! sunday 9 to midnight in the salem room.

Offline trinket

• Sailor Scout
yummies?
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2004, 09:58:09 pm »
Strawberry Apollo are chocolates that are plain chocolate on the top and they are cone shaped with strawberry "chocolate" on the top.

http://www.cybercandy.co.uk/aaasmt/index.php/url_pmet3/xdbc_4/dbtc_1/pic_1/add_44112/stc_1#148