Author Topic: How long is the line for non-registered attendies?  (Read 2363 times)

Offline Blayde

• Cabbit
How long is the line for non-registered attendies?
« on: August 25, 2007, 02:42:08 pm »
Out of curiousity
Beware the light at the end of the tunnel may be an oncoming train.

Offline Blayde

• Cabbit
Re: How long is the line for non-registered attendies?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2007, 04:48:03 pm »
Yeah, but how long is the wait? I know the first time I went some poeple had been waiting more than an hour.
Beware the light at the end of the tunnel may be an oncoming train.

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2007, 05:59:14 pm »
I waited about 2.5 hrs last year, and that was on Saturday. But this year it will go MUCH faster because of the new registration system!
That was a fluke.  I can't remember the whole story behind what happened last year but it is not always like that.  The previous years I've been to Kumoricon the line and the wait were not that long.

Offline guspasho

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2007, 06:03:10 pm »
I'm at the hotel and I don't see anyone in line. So if you get there now you'll be first in line. Take the difference between now and when doors to the convention open and you will get your wait time.
2008 Facilities Liaison

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2007, 07:20:23 pm »
is it possible to register an attendee on friday around noon if they are there helping me set up the cedar room?
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline guspasho

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2007, 07:34:33 pm »
Registration will not be open on Friday, reg opens on Saturday.
2008 Facilities Liaison

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2007, 07:35:57 pm »
ok, thanks.
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2007, 11:41:33 am »
We will probably have about 500 people in line at one time MAX. I can't imagine more people than that showing up early enough to be in line at the same time.

However, we haven't had our dry run with the new database yet.

One hour through the line sounds like a good estimate for how long it might take if you're there Saturday Morning at the end of the line. Everything will be streamline this year and the fact that we know WHERE the lines go this year should account for a lot. Half of the convention has already pre-regged, so they'll be in another line already.

Also, the Door Reg line will be in the shade this year. So you shouldn't have to worry about heat exhaustion and dehydration.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010