Author Topic: Con Photographers?  (Read 2200 times)

Offline pieisexactlythree

• Catgirl
    • Flickr
Con Photographers?
« on: August 24, 2007, 12:44:54 pm »
I've got a question for those of you with experience documenting cons:  What is the lighting typically like inside the convention space?  I lucked out last time in that I found plenty of people outside to take pictures of but this year I'm not so sure.  I plan on shooting with 400 ASA film, and I'll have both a 50 and a 200mm lens with me.  Should I invest in a bounce flash? 

Offline pieisexactlythree

• Catgirl
    • Flickr
Re: Con Photographers?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2007, 01:24:20 pm »
Quick question, what is the F-Stop on your lenses?

The aperture on the 50mm will go up to F1.8 

Offline totemo_oishii

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2007, 01:25:57 pm »
Will you be wearing your neko ears again, pie? :3

Offline Evaldas

• Chibi
    • Dancing Heron
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2007, 01:42:04 pm »
I haven't be able to take pictures outside yet at the Con(was inside most of the time last year), but found my default flash was necessary sometimes. Then again, I was right next to the large windows, I so I got plenty of natural light coming in. Sounds like I don't quite have such a beautiful view this year.

Offline AzuKyo

• Chibi
    • NHRV
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2007, 01:56:30 pm »
I plan on bring a mounted flash and a tripod. From what I remember last year (take this with a grain of salt, new venue) the lighting varied heavily depending on where you were (hallways didn't have the best lighting. I also think I'll be bring a deeper zoom lense for main events due to the possiblity of not-so-great seating.

Come prepared is my best advice. Look at the schedule and see what you want to photograph, main events like Opening Ceremonies and Cosplay usually have low light. I don't know about investing in a single function bounce flash, I'd go for a mounted flash that can change angles (that's the kind I use).
RANDOM PANEL 2009! Anime Jeopardy 2009!

鳥の岐阜城 ー 7せんぱい、ありがとうございました。