Author Topic: Hair Problem! XD  (Read 2290 times)

Offline Yesenia

• Cabbit
    • Pink-Sugar Network
Hair Problem! XD
« on: August 22, 2007, 12:35:29 pm »
Lol, my friend's planning on cosplaying as Chouji from Naruto, so last weekend I tried getting her hair to stick up. We didn't have much luck, especially after all the gel and hairspray. *_*

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions on how we can get this to work?

Thanks!

Offline Lin

• Catgirl
Re: Hair Problem! XD
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2007, 01:30:36 pm »
I've heard good things about Punky Styler By Jerome Russell, but I haven't used it yet! My hair is too long and curly...
Secrety secrets!

Offline Plaidnero

• Cabbit
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2007, 09:08:31 pm »
Hair glue and then Got2b Glued hair spray.

First put the "gell" in and pull hair up to where you want it, then spray around the roots of the hair and bottom part of the area you want to stick up. Then hold the hair in the position you want it and use a blowdryer on low for about thirty seconds depending on how much hair spray you used.

The key is to make sure that the hair spray is dried/set before you let go of it, other wise it will fall over.

probably normal gell and super hold hair spray would work too, it depends on how thick your friend's hair is.  ;D

There is nothing either good or bad
but thinking makes it so

Costumes for '07
Saturday- L
Sunday- Organization XIII Roxas/ School boy Roxas
Monday- School boy Roxas

Offline Raknorak

• Cabbit
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2007, 09:35:22 pm »
From a couple of High School experiences with making Hawks, I found that Elmers glue usually gets the job done. Not sure how well it'll make your hair stand up like Chouji's though. Just a thought.
Kumori-con 2008 Cosplay:
Mikura Kazuma - Air Gear
Possibility of a character from Full Metal Panic Fumoffu. Depends on how broke I am.

Offline the_wind_the_sea

• Catgirl
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2007, 10:08:05 pm »
Do not condition you hair the night before. Conditioner makes your hair too soft to work with, and so if you want to spike it like that, do not condition! *knows from experiance*

Sixteen Year Kumoricon Veteran
Kumoricon'19 Plans-
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline Naleh

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2007, 02:13:42 am »
From a couple of High School experiences with making Hawks, I found that Elmers glue usually gets the job done. Not sure how well it'll make your hair stand up like Chouji's though. Just a thought.
Ya, I have friends who did the hawks I hear glue works well... hmm and It'll be great seeing a choji. I don't think there was one last year u.u
K-con 08-
ANBU! (Rawr!)
Tobi :D

Remember kids! An apple a day, keeps the Shinigami sane!

Also please don't hate the plantman....Zetsu's a people person. (nomnomnom XD)

Offline Yesenia

• Cabbit
    • Pink-Sugar Network
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2007, 08:12:49 am »
Thanks for all the advice and suggestions! I'll give it a try once more! Hmm.. wow, elmers glue, really? That never entered my mind!

The conditioning thing is true too... gotta remember that!

Thanks again =)

Offline BoredHorror

• Chibi
    • http://www.boredhorror.deviantart.com
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2007, 01:41:33 pm »
use Got2B freeze spray! it is powerful stuff. and Got2B gel

Just be patient with spikes, you have to hold them up for a while and spray them a whole lot to make them stay (your arms will probably get tired...and sticky from hair spray) but switch off holding and try not to move and then spray every 30 seconds or something

My hair's really long, and one night my friends and I were bored and got an 11 inch spike of my hair to stick straight up with that stuff. :)
-Mikae

Offline SunneyTehBunney

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2007, 02:22:24 pm »
Child please, I used to have a mo-faux hawk and I have got the thickest hair in the world. Here's whatcha do;

I used Garnier gel It's really thick and top it off, smells really ncie ~.~

So for his hair, seperate the hair down the center, and start working on one side. You're lucky that you're two people working together, I had to get my hawk up myself every morning without any help.

Firstishly just goop on a nice handfull and rub it between your hands and then from root to tip sandwich the hair between your hands and go up, over and over. At the same time, have them hold a blowdryer in their hand and follow your hand up, mainly focusing on the roots because that'll be the foundation - duh. Do that about twice, then spray on the hairspray. Any kind works, but maybe go with Garnier again, and then heat. Repeat for other side.

NOW you want the individual spokes. Just seperate bits of hair from the tip, and then do the same thing you did with the gel, but only on the tips using your fingers. Spray, heat, DONE.