Author Topic: OC art and fan art, tell me what U think  (Read 9637 times)

Offline Blayde

• Cabbit
OC art and fan art, tell me what U think
« on: August 21, 2007, 01:48:06 am »
(OC Done in prisma pencil and acyrilc paint)

(Original pic "find the hand")

(OC done in prisma)

(My gaia avi, OC done in prisma)

(OC prisma and acyrilic with fake blood)

(Angel Sanctuary fan art, don't kill me the pic's arent original... only colored in, done in prisma, acrylic and marker.)
Beware the light at the end of the tunnel may be an oncoming train.

Offline Syd-chan

• Bunnygirl
Re: OC art and fan art, tell me what U think
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2007, 01:55:44 am »
0.0 omfg. Do you honestly know how good you are....Some of the best art I have ever seen.

Offline bastett

• Oni
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2007, 12:52:27 pm »
Nice!  Very impressive work!

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2007, 01:21:13 pm »
Beautiful. Be sure to come by Creation Station and to enter our various art contests and also our manga/ webcomic art contest, if possible. Your first pic in particular is stunning.
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline Blayde

• Cabbit
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2007, 06:39:07 pm »
Beautiful. Be sure to come by Creation Station and to enter our various art contests and also our manga/ webcomic art contest, if possible. Your first pic in particular is stunning.
Creation station? you mean the table where people draw and swap art? and what contest? Thank you for your compliment. I want to go pro one day, but it will probably take MANY more years of practice.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2007, 07:13:09 pm »
Creation station? you mean the table where people draw and swap art? and what contest? Thank you for your compliment. I want to go pro one day, but it will probably take MANY more years of practice.

What I am referring to is the room (which might appear on your convention map as "fanfic" or on the main page of the website as the "fan creation station") in which Kumoricon proudly conveys fanfiction (creative writing), fan art, and fan improv theatre games as a core component of its programming. Kumoricon was actually (so far as we are aware) the very first convention anywhere to designate an entire room to fanfiction, which then expanded to include art over the years. There are multiple art contests in the room now, awarding prizes in such subcategories as black & white, color, computer generated, chibi, and coloring page/line art.....Most of those staffing, volunteering, and offering panels in this particular room in this particular con are part of one or both of two yahoo groups, which I also invite you (and anyone) to join:
kumoricon_fanfiction and the_creation_station. We also have LJs....
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline Blayde

• Cabbit
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2007, 07:28:40 pm »

What I am referring to is the room (which might appear on your convention map as "fanfic" or on the main page of the website as the "fan creation station") in which Kumoricon proudly conveys fanfiction (creative writing), fan art, and fan improv theatre games as a core component of its programming. Kumoricon was actually (so far as we are aware) the very first convention anywhere to designate an entire room to fanfiction, which then expanded to include art over the years. There are multiple art contests in the room now, awarding prizes in such subcategories as black & white, color, computer generated, chibi, and coloring page/line art.....Most of those staffing, volunteering, and offering panels in this particular room in this particular con are part of one or both of two yahoo groups, which I also invite you (and anyone) to join:
kumoricon_fanfiction and the_creation_station. We also have LJs....
So should I just bring a pic to the con? If so I would probably bring either the first pic I posted or my monocramatic.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2007, 02:12:24 pm »
Yes, bring art to con, or create some with our Copic supplies (or your own supplies) onsite!

Offline Blayde

• Cabbit
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2007, 01:22:56 pm »
Ok, I'm creating a series pic of three of my OC's, I will bring them to the con, and hopefully I can enter the contest.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2007, 07:51:52 pm »
sweet. definitely also if you have any manga, webcomics, or doujinshi, you and anyone should enter those.

Offline Blayde

• Cabbit
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2007, 07:24:52 pm »
When is the deadline to enter in artwork? I thought I read that it was 10AM on saterday

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2007, 07:39:57 pm »
When is the deadline to enter in artwork? I thought I read that it was 10AM on saterday

gosh no. that would be rather silly, considering that not even opening ceremonies would be starting by then, and our room doesn't open til like 11!

i think it's something like midnight going into monday. i'll have to check...but it's around then.

Offline Blayde

• Cabbit
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2007, 07:47:10 pm »
Okay, thats good to hear, do they picture have to be matted? none of mine are right now... so yeah...

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2007, 08:40:22 pm »
nope

Offline MistressLegato

• Catgirl
    • http://mistresslegato.deviantart.com
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2007, 11:09:16 pm »
Pretty good!  I would say to work some more iwth proportions and obtaining a bit more originality in your style because you definately have the skill!  Also, a bit more work with the medium because it can look a little bit sloppy.

Overall you have  a lot of potential!  Really!
Demon nurse, la la lalalalalalala, Demon Nurse . . .

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2007, 10:14:27 pm »
Thanks again for bringing what became award-winning paintings to the Creation Station, and good luck to you with your promising work.