Author Topic: When does Kumoricon begin on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday?  (Read 3846 times)

Offline PvtChipsDubbo

• Cabbit
When does Kumoricon begin on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday?
« on: August 31, 2004, 08:49:28 am »
Hey everybody,

And when does Kumoricon end on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday?

I saw the news flash about "special closing times due to circumstances beyond our control" or something like that, but please let me know if you know something I might not.  Thank you.

Also is there anyone from the Art Institute of Portland that's going, on this board, or that you may know?

Have fun everybody.

I look forward to seeing some of you, of course, I probably will, stranger or not.  :D
"You drive like a baboon in heat!"
"It is down to you and me mister fly."
"Oh I am sorry, did I break your concentration?"
"You no mess with Lo Wang."
                                                    -Lo Wang

Offline Daystar

• Secretary
  • Sailor Scout
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2004, 12:11:59 pm »
well your best bet on when it starts is to look at the schedule. that would tell you that events begin at 11am on saturday, 9am on sunday, and 10am on monday. however the news flash states that the con will re-open saturday and sunday at 8 AM, monday though... i have no idea.
'04 Volunteer
'05 Assistant to the Operations Director
'06 Info Booth
'07 Panels Staff
'08 Panels Coordinator
'09 Panels Coordinator
'10 Assistant Programming Director
'11 Assistant Programming Director
'12 Assistant Programming Director

Offline Ruriko

• Sailor Scout
    • NekoPan Maid Cafe and Bakery
Ai of Portland!
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2004, 12:23:02 pm »
I'm going!  I go to that school!

^__^  As far as I know, there are a lot of people from our school that are going...I know of at least three or four...I suppose that's not a lot...but that's a decent handful, specially considering our school is somewhat small.  

What's your major?

I think that the place opens up at like, 8.30 on Saturday...I think that may just be for the un-preregistered kiddies like me, but blech.  If you're not registered already, best to show up earlyearly I guess.  Someone who actually knows what they're talking about will come on and tell what's really going on....*waits*

-ko

Offline princessfrodo

• Catgirl
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2004, 01:08:49 pm »
It opens at either 8 or 9am all three days, I think.

Umm... I'm sure someone more official than me will say something just as soon as they log on and notice this thread! ^.^

I hope... O.o
No, I'm not insane.  I'm just... happy.

Offline Oubeji

• Chibi
    • http://oubeji.deviantart.com/
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2004, 09:37:41 pm »
Princess Frodo, your number of posts astound me.  :o
*waits for official reply as well*
-A.I-

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2004, 04:07:06 pm »
Yeah, frodo is the one for me to catch up with really. I'm behind because I reply in huge blocks at one time and she manages to keep up day to day.

now what's all this nonsesnse about opening on Sunday and Monday? The opening ceremonies are Saturday and then the con goes all the way until Monday afternoon! Sure rooms might close but there is no closing the convention! We'll be gaming and partying and playing video games all night! Just because it's not in the "official areas" doesn't mean anything!

In fact! I might just enjoy the convention for the rest of the week! Ha!
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline Luana-neko

• Chibi
    • http://www.forefront-nw.com/Sanctuary
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2004, 07:43:35 am »
Look at the "Important Schedule Changes" sticky Tom, they're being forced to close from midnight to 8 or so on Saturday and Sunday night. Darn those hotel policies!

On another note, has anyone heard when the preregistered peoples are allowed to pick up their badges tonight? And where? I'd assume it'd be at the hotel, just like if we came on Saturday, but I wanted to check to be sure...
Exodus: Faded Spirits
Assitant Director and Head Programmer

www.ronime.net

Do not anger the sleeping cat, for its claws are sharp and quick to slash! [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v360/Luana-neko/Avatars/predatory.gif[/img:d8831

Offline PvtChipsDubbo

• Cabbit
Preregistration times pick-up on Friday evening...
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2004, 02:47:07 pm »
It says somewhere on the page, between 7:30 PM and 11:00 PM, I'm pretty sure that the time began at 7:30 PM, but not sure if 11:00 PM was the closing time.

It would be interesting to see how many people come by between those periods though, but I will be busy shopping for candy!
"You drive like a baboon in heat!"
"It is down to you and me mister fly."
"Oh I am sorry, did I break your concentration?"
"You no mess with Lo Wang."
                                                    -Lo Wang