Author Topic: HELP!! I CAN'T GET MY CONTACTS IN!!!  (Read 2978 times)

Offline kurosakiichigo666

• Chibi
HELP!! I CAN'T GET MY CONTACTS IN!!!
« on: August 17, 2007, 04:25:54 pm »
OK, I bought some theatrical full eye contacts for my bankai Ichigo cosplay and I've hit a snag. I CAN'T GET THEM IN!!! Does anyone have any suggestions? Please, anything will be greatly appreciated, I need to master these before con time... :-\
Co-Founder and VP of Parasol Corp. Cosplay. And you just lost the game...

Offline Lysanna

• Cabbit
    • Crappy DeviantArt
Re: HELP!! I CAN'T GET MY CONTACTS IN!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2007, 05:31:40 pm »
Place the contact, with the wider bit facing up, onto the index finger of your right hand (or left hand if that's your dominant hand).  Using the middle finger of the same hand, pull down your lower eyelid.  This part requires a little courage - gently push the contact onto your eye.  You'll need to blink a few times to get it centered.  Don't worry if you can't do it at first, it takes practice.  I can draw a diagram if you need.
Can't stop the desu.

Offline totemo_oishii

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2007, 05:39:30 pm »
When I first got contacts, it took hours to get them in. Mostly because I kept blinking and they would pop out. Just keep practicing, get your eye used to being poked (weird as it sounds). I would use two fingers to pry one of your eyes open and use the other hand to put your contact in. Good luck!

• Chibi
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2007, 10:52:52 pm »
I know how to put regular contacts in. That's no problem. I'm talking about contacts that cover my full eye. I can't seem to get them under my eyelids and it sucks...

Offline totemo_oishii

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2007, 11:01:52 pm »
Ohhhh. In that case, I wouldn't know...sorry! I hope you figure it out! If you really need help, I suggest trying the cosplay.com forum  :)

Offline TheInsanePuck

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.myspace.com/djpuckjd
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2007, 02:26:39 am »
its hella tricky but what you gotta do is open your eyelids as wide as possible and come in at a angle putting the top end up pushing it under your eyelid at the top then it should go back far enough so you can get the bottom in.... blink a few times and bam they should be centered.... if it does not help do as mark twain said... when angry count to three when very angry...swear
Insert Whitty Comments here...

oh yeah and BOOOSH
Sakuracon Security Coord 7 years running

• Chibi
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2007, 12:08:12 pm »
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! IT WORKED AND I'M WEARING THEM NOW!!! I'll upload a picture soon ;)

Offline TheInsanePuck

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.myspace.com/djpuckjd
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2007, 02:58:00 am »
well who are you saying thank you too?.... if its me then you are very welcome... those things are a b***h to use and wear....
Insert Whitty Comments here...

oh yeah and BOOOSH
Sakuracon Security Coord 7 years running