Author Topic: Stage Steel Policy from Chair verified by Ops  (Read 1959 times)

Offline EcchiSpice

• Chibi
    • www.dreamlandjapan.com
Stage Steel Policy from Chair verified by Ops
« on: August 20, 2007, 01:23:52 am »
K, so this is a bit sticky. We DO NOT have the same restrictions we had in last year's hotel.

This is our policy. I confirmed it with Ops Director tonight.

NO live steel. This is anything that can cut, anything with a blade sharper than a really dull butter knife. Absolutely not allowed, not even in a sheath.

Stage steel - really dull steel with a rounded edge that can't cut. This IS allowed currently per our contract with the hotel, when checked by KCon staff and peace tied. You must keep the metal in the sheath, and never brandish (raise and/or wave) the sword. BUT if we perceive any problem, or the hotel changes it's mind for fear of potential harm, don't be surprised if you have to take it to your room/car/home.

Basically, if you've got any prop that you question, bring it, show it to the Yojimbo on check in, and let us figure out whether or not it poses a risk. The policies are intentionally vague because there is no way without seeing some props that we can tell if a prop might pose a potential risk or pass without comment. I'd hate to make a list of banned items, only to have someone say, "It's not a gun, it's a CANNON, and those aren't on the list!" :D

There's just no way to tell from a picture or description if a blade might cut or a pikachu's head might explode in a rain of flames!!!!1111 So show us, and we'll let you know if it's okay. 

« Last Edit: November 19, 2007, 05:06:51 pm by JeffT »
You'll be loved, you'll be loved, like you never have known. When memories of me will seem more like bad dreams. Just a series of blurs, like I never occurred. Someday, you will be loved.