Author Topic: In need of a room! (Room found)  (Read 3066 times)

Offline MongolSamurai

• Oni
In need of a room! (Room found)
« on: August 18, 2007, 12:25:02 am »
Hi, I'm a first time attendee of Kumoricon. Just yesterday I was working out arrangements to book a room for 4 in the Shilo, and today it's FULL! >_< Screwed!

That's what I get for being so late. *sigh* Anyways, I'm a new arrival in Portland, looking for space. Additionally, I have two friends coming up from Santa Cruz, CA to hang out, and a fourth friend coming from Salem. We all need places to stay! Ideally we'd like a place with room for four (we're all willing to floor it) but we could split if we have to. Please let us know if you have room for us!

I'm a 20 year old male who's respectful and friendly, interested in roleplaying, fantasy, and philosophy.
My two friends from California are both 18 year old males, and are quiet, and polite, and are interested in video gaming, and martial arts, respectively
Coming from Salem is a 19 year old female who's easy-going and self-sufficient, and into MMO games.
Naturally, we all like Anime.

Other notes. Three of us will be in costume. The quiet gamer will not be. We are especially interested in having a fridge in-room, but it's not a must. Of course we are all willing to pay a fair share of the room price.

Edit: We're all in costume. I'm sure the difference is personally significant to you all. *dry sarcasm*
« Last Edit: August 28, 2007, 10:00:38 pm by MongolSamurai »

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
Re: In need of a room!
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2007, 09:12:47 am »
Welcome to the Northwest, Samurai!

I'd offer you my room, but it only has a King-sized bed.  (If there's a couch, I don't know).  Well, I suppose if the four of you don't mind finding some way to cram us all in there, I'd be willing to go for that, I guess.  I got it at the staff discount, so, if we did this, it would only be $65.40 plus tax (which would be about $70).

If you're okay with this, let me know soon.  Not to sound rude, but I've made a few offers to other people, & I'll most likely go with the first acceptance.

If not, I hope you're able to figure something out.  Good luck!
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline MongolSamurai

• Oni
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2007, 01:06:01 am »
I know one in my party already PMed you, but just for good measure i'm gonna put a reply here too.

This sounds like a fine arrangement, I'm sure we can manage to figure out floor space. Before we can totally commit I'd lie a little more information, such as if the room includes a fridge and microwave, and which hotel you're located in (so i can find out how far it is). We got a 4-person room in Jantzen beach (I paid the extra 20$ for the ability to cancel the reservation at no charge, just in case of a situation like this) but it's 2.4 miles away and having to take a taxi there and back is not only going to be expensive, but damn inconvenient. :(

So we're definitely interested in hearing more. The sooner we get this info the sooner we can tell you what's up :)

Word among the group is we're interested in knowing a little about you before we make a decision too, so if you don't mind....

Hope to hear from you soon!

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2007, 06:21:35 pm »
Fridge & Microwave - honestly, I didn't even think to ask about that when I orignally obtained the room.  I can find out by tomorrow.

Hotel - my room is at the Hilton itself, so you'll be right there.

Me - I'm a 24 yr. old male who attends college here in Vancouver, (in fact, it's no more than a mile from the convention site).  I am on staff and, with what my position is, I will hardly ever be in the room.  In terms of cosplay, I am going as Ranma Saotome; it will be my first time cosplaying.  Aside from anime, I am also into sports.  Football, baseball, and wrestling (the real type) are my three favorites.  I work at a Taco Bell on the other side of Vancouver.  I have no idea what MMO games are, (if I do, the term MMO is a new one on me).

Offline MongolSamurai

• Oni
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2007, 09:25:31 pm »
Well I'm told you might have someone else for the room. If it happens that that falls through, we're definitely in!

*crosses fingers*

Offline MongolSamurai

• Oni
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2007, 09:26:24 pm »
And just for the record, Ranma Saotome is awesome :D

Ranma 1/2 was my gateway anime.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2007, 09:30:16 am »
Well, I'm glad you feel that way, because I'm cosplaying as Ranma this year.

As for the fridge & mike, I found out that the room does not have either, but they can bring them up for $10 each.

As for the other guy, I just sent him a message regarding how much I'm asking for.  He told me that he was bringing a buddy & that I may throw in another person who's looking, too.

I'm hoping to know for sure who I'll go with by Friday.  Talk to ya then!

Offline MongolSamurai

• Oni
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2007, 03:17:23 pm »
So one other point i figured i should check on. Is the 70$ you quoted per night, or for both nights?

Offline MongolSamurai

• Oni
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2007, 10:00:12 pm »
Well we've found another room in the Hilton. Time is running short and we found a group who really needed someone to split the room with. Hope your other line works out.