Author Topic: DS gaming  (Read 7942 times)

Offline guspasho

• Bunnygirl
DS gaming
« on: January 21, 2007, 11:18:24 pm »
I was wondering if a room or area that is set aside for DS gaming, if nothing else so all the DS gamers could have a place to go and find other DS gamers, would be a good idea. Does anyone want to see it happen at Kumoricon 2007? What about setting up an access point? Would anyone really need it? Or what about a games library?

Give me your opinion.
2008 Facilities Liaison

Offline guspasho

• Bunnygirl
DS gaming
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2007, 02:40:37 pm »
Actually, with regard to the access point specifically, I was hoping someone could provide a reason why they would want it. What can you use it for that makes it essential/cool? I'm looking for DS use, not laptop use.
2008 Facilities Liaison

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
DS gaming
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2007, 05:21:16 pm »
I remember walking around Kcon 2006 and seeing a lot of DS gamers sitting together in random places.  It might be a good idea to have a small room for them or a small open lounge area.
(Maybe not just for them but at least labeled so people can gather there.)

Offline Kayoe

• Sailor Scout
    • Anime Invasion: The Comic
DS gaming
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2007, 11:11:59 pm »
People live in person (>>>>>>>>>>>>>>)^999 NWC.
I however think the room is an great idea, while an access point would be nice it is not necessary at all.

But I'd show up, and I'd lose at Mario kart as well!
On that note we should have an 8 person MK race set up for sometime during the convention, I've never gotten that many people before....

None of my friends have a DS... :cry:

Offline leashy

• Catgirl
    • http://www.myspace.com/leashychan
DS gaming
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2007, 09:06:37 pm »
Yeah that would be totally awesome!  Nice work Gus Gus!!

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
DS gaming
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2007, 03:48:12 pm »
is meg still looking for a pink ds lite cuz they had a bunch at the fredmyers chris and i go to
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline DarkKnightUltima

• Sailor Scout
DS gaming
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2007, 01:01:58 pm »
I would love to have NDS room. And maybe in that room, set up like mini wireless tournaments for different games and such.
PSN: MiyamotoKaizen
Steam: DarkUltima (Miyamoto Kaizen should be what you see)
Costume Progress:
Zengar Zombolt (SRWOG) - 100%

Offline guspasho

• Bunnygirl
DS gaming
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2007, 11:28:59 am »
Aww, thanks Jaz, but no, I got Meg a pink one a few months ago, (when they were really really hard to get, too!) and she got me a black one a few weeks ago - because she loves me very very much.*

* That is one of the terms on the black DS, that I have to mention that every time. :D
2008 Facilities Liaison

Offline gemineye42

• Sailor Scout
DS gaming
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2007, 01:18:14 pm »
We're thinking in console gaming of having a squared-off "DS Corner" with signage and such to indicate it's whereabouts. Since the DS only has about a 30 foot span, you all have to be in the same room anyway. I may also designate it as ANY kind of handheld network gaming, since PSPs and Gameboy advances connect as well. We'll have a special game check-out to borrow games to play there as well. Everyone down for this?
I can has cheezburger?

Offline Killer_Tofu

• Sailor Scout
DS gaming
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2007, 08:00:21 pm »
If I have time I'll totaly pop in fer a spell. Just try not to pwn me too hard, I don't usualy play multiplayer games as you need friend(code)s for that sort of thing
Have YOU heard the good news of Jenova?

Offline DarkKnightUltima

• Sailor Scout
Tournament
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2007, 06:19:18 pm »
If this does work out. I suggest maybe a wireless tournament for some multi-player games such as New Super Mario Bros and such.
PSN: MiyamotoKaizen
Steam: DarkUltima (Miyamoto Kaizen should be what you see)
Costume Progress:
Zengar Zombolt (SRWOG) - 100%

Offline hitokiri

• Cabbit
    • My myspace
Re: DS gaming
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2007, 06:55:10 pm »
That's a great idea, it'd be lots of fun! I think the DS is fairly popular with con people too. I saw quite a few DS's at the general meeting today, in fact.

Offline Ruriko

• Sailor Scout
    • NekoPan Maid Cafe and Bakery
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2007, 12:21:25 am »
... Nice work Gus Gus!!

Heheeee....  *is happy*

I don't think that an access point is necessary...The Wifi on the DS should do it on it's own for most games.  ^_^  We've got Tetris that can handle a 10 player battle with only one game cartridge, using only the adhoc Wifi.

It would be cool to have a place labled though, so that if one was looking for 9 other Tetris fans, one would have a high likelyhood of finding them!!  :3

Offline leashy

• Catgirl
    • http://www.myspace.com/leashychan
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2007, 08:56:33 am »
If anyone wants to have a math "tournament", my Brainage can support up to 18 people o.o;;

It will help expand your mind.

But yes a general area to help DS players find other DS players would be a great service!  Probably somewhere that is rather open so that the people passing by might see them all playing and jump in rather than an obscure room in the back of the convention somewhere.  High Traffic area would be best

Offline laurifer

• Catgirl
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2007, 02:39:57 am »
I would totally love the idea of a room just for that! I always bring my DS with me wherever I go, just cos, so it'll be a nice break XD

Sig by me~~~

Cosplay for '08:
Probably none D:

Offline Zinchack

• Cabbit
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2007, 08:53:46 pm »
I remember walking around Kcon 2006 and seeing a lot of DS gamers sitting together in random places.  It might be a good idea to have a small room for them or a small open lounge area.
(Maybe not just for them but at least labeled so people can gather there.)

I remember that too, but, there are just random lounges around there that ds gamers could sit down at and play a good round of mkds or Metroid prime hunters.

Offline kyletothejones

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2007, 09:20:49 am »
We're thinking in console gaming of having a squared-off "DS Corner" with signage and such to indicate it's whereabouts. Since the DS only has about a 30 foot span, you all have to be in the same room anyway. I may also designate it as ANY kind of handheld network gaming, since PSPs and Gameboy advances connect as well. We'll have a special game check-out to borrow games to play there as well. Everyone down for this?

Suggestion, and I think this would make it damn near unbeatable. Grab some cheap couches from a Goodwill or have some folks bring em in and just setup a few in a little circle with a sign. Nothing says comfortable handheld gaming like couches! Failing that, beanbags?

Offline chibiroth

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2007, 12:23:36 pm »
i think that we should have a battle revolution tournoment that would be amazing!!
Kumoricon 2008 cosplay:

Princess Tutu
Riku- KH
Hunny-Ouran Host Club
Cooking Mama
Alita- Apollo Justice

And a Secret Cosplay hehe :D