Author Topic: Any Dance Dance Revolution  (Read 7271 times)

Offline Nanao_chan

• Sailor Scout
Any Dance Dance Revolution
« on: August 15, 2007, 12:14:13 am »
Any idea if there will be a DDR tourney? I've been meaning to try out my skills this year.
-----------------------------
The Random Panel of Doom: More adults than you can shake some pocky at.
(RPoD Panelist 2008-2014)

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
Re: Any Dance Dance Revolution
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2007, 12:36:12 am »
I heard there was going to be but I don't know any details. I'll be entering too if there is one :D
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline gemineye42

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2007, 09:17:24 am »
There will be DDR this year, it will be on the schedule when it is posted. We are giving a prize for highest score as well as a prize for best style. Be sure to sign up early, as spots may be limited! Signups open 8AM Saturday morning.
I can has cheezburger?

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2007, 08:09:39 pm »
Random question, will there be a boy category and a girl category in the contest?
All the DDR contests I've been to have had it this way so I was wondering if K-con was going to do this as well.

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline Nanao_chan

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2007, 09:22:26 pm »
I think that would be a good idea. Guys and girls both play differently and sometimes judging them together isn't fair.

Offline QElderHell

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2007, 09:56:41 pm »
ugh, i want to enter, but i havnt played since LAST K-Con, cause my pads died and the local internet cafe/arcade sold their machine (Not to mention they are out of buisness now >.<)

Offline HellSap

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2007, 10:28:59 pm »
Separating the genders like that is pointless, and it should not be a determining factor with how good you are at the game.
And tournament listing / rules have been sticked for like, 1-2 months now?
Always and forever... Conspiring with the devil, Conquering together.
D/L Star Control 2 - Ur-Quan Masters here http://sourceforge.net/projects/sc2/ !
PSU Video Game Club - http://randomselect.groups.pdx.edu/

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2007, 10:30:35 pm »
Separating the genders like that is pointless, and it should not be a determining factor with how good you are at the game.
And tournament listing / rules have been sticked for like, 1-2 months now?
ah sorry about that ;^.^ I was just curious~

~2012 cosplay mofos~

Offline CaoCao433

• Cabbit
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2007, 10:54:37 pm »
from what i remember hearing, Tofu should be working on a cabinet of StepMania.  =\  hopefully he's been able to work on that/finish and/or even do anything.

a better idea for judging is by difficulties, maybe? (Standard and Heavy only though)

i haven't played in a few months. (6-8)

gender has nothing to do with ddr.  i saw a youtube vid once of some girl AAA a song on expert.(can't find it though.) it was extreme skillz.

Offline Phylicia

• Cabbit
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2007, 09:00:59 pm »
Yeah, there are good girl players out there. I think it would be silly to separate genders. I've never been to a DDR tournament that did that.

And sorry to break the news to ya - I'm pretty sure Tofu won't have that cabinet ready. :/

Offline Wanganator

• Cabbit
    • Deviantart User name: AnimeDaisuki
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2007, 05:18:22 pm »
if you did split the genders, there will be a small population of girls and a large clutter of guys, it's just the guy/girl ratio is higher for guys. the percentage of the girl population that plays DDR and are really good is the same percentage for the population of guys who play, for example, in UW, I've seen about 10 girls play DDR, and only 1 is very good, (Legend of max good) and about 20 guys that played, and about 2 of them I've seen beat PSMO. I'm in the category of Max 300, Paranoia survivor, and maybe max unlimited. and everything below.  so it's 1/10 for girls and 2/20 for guys, that's just an example

BTW I got another question, is there going to be a stepmania setup? like TV hooked to a laptop and a dancepad to play custom songs? if there is I can bring some of the things I've made for a few anime songs. (Not likely probably ^^;)
Solo party deshou? deshou?

Offline triforcehunter

• Cabbit
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2007, 10:06:46 am »
Then thing is on DDR, I've seen girls kick guy's butts, and I've seen guys kick girl's butts on the machine. I really don't think making a gender gap would really change anything. It's just, whoever is the better dancer will win... right?

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2007, 09:43:20 pm »
from what i remember hearing, Tofu should be working on a cabinet of StepMania.  =\  hopefully he's been able to work on that/finish and/or even do anything.

a better idea for judging is by difficulties, maybe? (Standard and Heavy only though)

i haven't played in a few months. (6-8)

gender has nothing to do with ddr.  i saw a youtube vid once of some girl AAA a song on expert.(can't find it though.) it was extreme skillz.
Sorry I never got that done.  It would have been really cool to have a StepMania cab there, or at least some more arcade-like pads.  I was hoping to do a lot more with my summer than I actually did. :(

Oh well, I had fun and met cool people anyway.

@ Discussion Topic:
I don't really support the idea of gender-splitting for tourneys.  Turn-outs these days are so small already, and the best of the girls are typically right about the same level as the best of the guys.  Hell, if Phylicia hadn't disappeared to go eat before the tourney, I doubt I would have won.  She was probably the best DDR player to attend the con.
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline Nanao_chan

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2007, 01:16:13 am »
I would have been there if I wasn't in Kumoricon Idol. I guess my singing skills were better than DDR Becasue I took second in that competition.

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2007, 11:13:30 pm »
I would have been there if I wasn't in Kumoricon Idol. I guess my singing skills were better than DDR Becasue I took second in that competition.
Well then, congratulations!  The DDR tourney was hectic and long enough.  Next year, organisation or riot.

Offline laharlsama

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2007, 02:57:55 am »
tofu am I assisting in the planning of the turney, after all we are going to both be staff, and I helped last ear hahaha, all the same two is better then one. I hope to see wang and will and all the bad asses that were there last ear again, even though we all hang out now hee hee.

and if you split the genders then I might have a better chance.
when you're on the edge of life, what will you remember?

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2007, 05:38:49 pm »
tofu am I assisting in the planning of the turney, after all we are going to both be staff, and I helped last ear hahaha, all the same two is better then one. I hope to see wang and will and all the bad asses that were there last ear again, even though we all hang out now hee hee.

and if you split the genders then I might have a better chance.
Nah, I've got some plans that should make ALL the tourneys run a lot smoother.

I'm putting together some brackets right now.  Working on a 32-person double-elimination bracket now.  Gonna do a 32-person single next, then a 16-double, then a 16-single, then an 8-double.

I might make a 64-mixed too, but I doubt it would be necessary for k-con '08. (some matches double, some single)

If you have some free time though, your help would be appreciated to keep things running smoothly for the bigger tourneys. (DDR, GH, Mario Kart, SC, etc)

Offline laharlsama

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2007, 01:28:10 am »
ya, we can figure it out at the meeting.
when you're on the edge of life, what will you remember?

Offline Roxas24

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2007, 02:17:15 pm »
I hope there is one,that would be awsome..even though i'd just watch! :D
I got it memorized.

Kumoricon 2010 cosplays:
Moogle
Sheena TOS

Offline DDRmasta

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2008, 12:21:03 pm »
Teh heh heh...
There will definitely be one this year...
Gotta start practicing >:D

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2008, 11:09:07 pm »
Uh. . . you know, there's a much more recent topic for this. :P

"DDR and Other Bemani, 2008".  It's got details on all the tournaments and rules for them on the 6th or 7th page.