Author Topic: Idaho Resident Interested in KumoriCon 2004.  (Read 7675 times)

Offline Tetsuo687

• Oni
    • http://www.687th.com/
Idaho Resident Interested in KumoriCon 2004.
« on: April 26, 2004, 12:41:44 pm »
Hello, my name is Ryan Ekhoff. I herd about KumoriCon 2004 from some friends at SakuraCon this past weekend. I am very interested in going and I would like to know how soon you would have details of the schedule of the Con (since I notice the Schedule is not linked yet).

I am also interested in knowing if there will be any Console Gaming at the Con. A friend of mine had an absolute ball in some of the friendly tournaments at SakuraCon ‘04. If you feature that, we'd be sure to take advantage of the service; if not, we understand.

One of my primary reasons for planning to go is that I meet some people at SakuraCon that where wonderful, and the spoke of going to this Con as well.

Just in case I am able to get a hold of those people I meet at SakuraCon, as I said, my name is Ryan Ekhoff, badge number 2682. I am looking to meet back up with badge numbers 2439, 2440, and 2441. (I hope they are not freaked I still remember the numbers ^_^ ).

Well to any degree, the site looks very nice. I know I will be checking back frequently for updates. Keep up the great work; I hope everything goes smoothly for everyone involved in setting the event up.

-Ryan, who is becoming an Anime-Con-Otaku at this point ^_^.

Editing Note: I accidentally transposed some numbers. My badge number I had put down was 2862, when the correct number was 2682.

Offline PezCat

• Catgirl
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2004, 09:52:40 pm »
Bearing in mind that I'm not the scheduling or console gaming person...

I don't think the sked is quite set yet in terms of what's going on when... Most of it might not even be fully in place until right near con time... but if I'm right, there are certain things that have a day if not a time picked out - again, don't hold me to that one.  For all I know, the scheduler's already got everything in place and I just don't know it (and that would impress me greatly!).

There will be console gaming, since I know at least one of my consoles is being used in the game room.  I'm fairly certain the plan is to also snag a DDR machine and set the thingy on free play, which would most definitely not suck.  I think that got mentioned elsewhere in the forum tho...

PezCat (who woulda went to Sakuracon if he could have convinced his bank account to cooperate)
Sixty pounds lighter, just as awesome.
2K3-2K7: Various staff, primarily RPGs and Registration
2K12: God only knows...

=^..^=

Offline staze

• Founder
  • Catgirl
    • http://www.staze.org/
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2004, 11:15:40 pm »
There will be console gaming, LAN gaming, and DDR, all 24/7 if we can find the staff and volunteers to man the rooms.  

nuff said.  :-)
-Staze
Founding Member, Altonimbus Entertainment
"You mean, you'll put down your rock and I'll put down my sword, and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?"

Offline Tetsuo687

• Oni
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2004, 01:00:07 pm »
Wonderful. Thanks for the reply. I don't know if you'll have an answer (since it's still so far off), but do you happen to know what games are going to be played? My friend and I are looking forward to Super Smash Brothers Melee. Also, if there are any game tournaments going on, with possible prices, so much be better *hint hint* ^_^ (maybe a free con shirt?).

All of that aside, I think no matter what, it will be a fun and enjoyable experience. I look forward to the event, keep up the great work!

-Ryan, who wouldn't mind a little DDR, even if he is really much worse than he should be at it.

Offline procyon

• Founder
  • Sailor Scout
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2004, 02:29:47 pm »
We're still a ways off before hammering down a final events schedule, or even determining what games we will be having.

But we do want to know what you want to be playing. We'll eventually be throwing up some polls to see what games people want to have at the con. I'm not in charge of gaming, but I would expect we'd want to have a pretty decent selection of stuff.

I can also say that there will be tournaments. With prizes!

Offline Tetsuo687

• Oni
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2004, 12:03:34 am »
Yay! /hugs procyon!

I very much look forward to the con. I hope you guys are ready for a monster turnout, because all the SakuraCon go-ers are gearing up to attend. Hehe, I really wish you all the best of luck on managing it all.

-Ryan, who promises not to go fanboy on the staff of KumoriCon.

Offline staze

• Founder
  • Catgirl
    • http://www.staze.org/
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2004, 12:48:02 am »
I do know we'll be playing SSBM... to answer your question.  As I posted in another forum, we're in the process of finding someone to run Tournaments, and that is one of the requirements I would like for a tournament director, is someone that knows how to organize and run a SSBM tournament (not that they're that hard, but it's a common enough game that we will need someone to run the tournament).
-Staze
Founding Member, Altonimbus Entertainment
"You mean, you'll put down your rock and I'll put down my sword, and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?"