Author Topic: computer access at con--needed for fanfic group-please help!  (Read 3648 times)

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
computer access at con--needed for fanfic group-please help!
« on: August 29, 2004, 09:25:37 pm »
hi!
please help!
i'm ellen/rem, chair of kumoricon's fanfic programming. our kumoricon_fanfiction group is running a few events, for which we will need computer access at the con, if possible.

(a) some participants in the fanfic contest might arrive without hard copy of their entries. they might arrive with discs or cd's, or they might only provide the address for finding their fics online. i will need to be able to print these out to work on them on hard copy, if possible. if need be, however, i could work on them online.......but either way, i would need computer access. if i have to, i'll go to kinko's; i do not want to turn down anyone's fic just for it not having been printed. but i would prefer to be able to work onsite.

(b) as above in (a), with regard to fics for the bedtime stories event.

(c) if anyone would be interested in helping the beta station, i would love to offer folks the opportunity to polish up their fics right there in the salem room.

i have a 1993 mac powerbook 5300 cs and a color printer, but i haven't used them in years,  would need help to figure out how to set them up, would not have online access from them, and they probably would not be compatible with anyone's modern day files.

thanks for your help, and much love!

===rem.
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline EvilMonkey

• Founder
  • Catgirl
    • http://evilmonkeysean.livejournal.com
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2004, 09:18:33 am »
Computer access will be available at Con Ops
~Sean Larson~

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2004, 04:58:53 pm »
sean, thanks for confirming that. however, could you, or anyone, please be more specific? (a) will this computer have online access? (b) will it have a printer attached to it that we can also use? (c) will its owner be ok with fanfic staff (probably only me) either downloading and printing online fics, and/or uploading and printing fics that are on discs or cds?

thanks again!

love
rem.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline EvilMonkey

• Founder
  • Catgirl
    • http://evilmonkeysean.livejournal.com
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2004, 07:20:13 pm »
It will be my computer, we will have online access, and there should be a printer.  So everything should be fine.
~Sean Larson~

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2004, 02:35:27 pm »
cool, thanks. i just know some folks don't like to let their drives receive input from sources they can't trace