Author Topic: A question about Final Fantasy VII and Advent Children (music)  (Read 2154 times)

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
So, in the off-chance that anybody on the forums obsesses like I do, I thought I would run this question by you all. In Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children, there is a song called "Water". It plays in the scene in the church with Tifa and Cloud, when they pass out.

Now, I swear to everything delicious that this song is a rendition of an original track from the video game, in parts at least. But after hours of scouring the soundtrack and the internet, I cannot come up with what song it may actually be making me think of.

My question: has anybody else had this nagging sensation in the back of their head when they hear the song or watch the movie? And if so, does anybody know what song it is that I am thinking of? Cause I am pretty clueless and have no idea......I mean, I have some idea, but the songs don't fit perfectly...hmmm, crazy.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2007, 06:53:17 pm by EveofAbyss »

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
Re: A question about Final Fantasy VII and Advent Children (music)
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2007, 01:06:27 pm »
After your having posted this I went back and listened..and you're right, this does sound a lot like something from the game..but I can't place it either. It reminds me of Aeris' theme but I know that's not right. Now I too am going to have to figure this one out <.<
2011 New Cosplay Plans: Boba Fett, Hoshi (Arakawa Under the Bridge), Malcolm Reynolds

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
Re: A question about Final Fantasy VII and Advent Children (music)
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2007, 01:25:21 pm »
Great, I'm not going insane and making things up, haha, others see it too!

Out of all the songs I have listened to and analyzed, the few that stand out as the closest in relation are either "On That Day Five Years Ago", or "Holding My Thoughts In My Heart". Neither comes across perfectly, but there are logical reasons for both being in that part of the movie, so who knows....heh, nice intriguing problem, though! ^_^

****edit****
Went back and listened to "Water" and "On That Day..." back-to-back, back and forth, and I am 95% positive that it is that one. At about 0:52 and 2:29 in "On That Day...", there is that few-note succession that sounds almost identical to the part of "Water" at 1:50 and 2:03. So yeah, I think that has to be it.

Do I obsess too much? ^_0
« Last Edit: August 04, 2007, 01:37:35 pm by EveofAbyss »

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!