Author Topic: AMV CONTEST ENTRY DEADLINE CLOSED - GENERAL STATS FOR CONTEST  (Read 4215 times)

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
See: http://www.opusnet.com/guy1656/k2007-amv.htm

[Note to Kumoricon Webmaster - please replace text at
http://www.kumoricon.org/files/forms/amv_contest_2007.html
with the same text found at the URL above.]

OKAY - it's been a LONG DRIVE to the finish line, with the LAST CD picked up today (delivered by FedEx) and the VERY last electronic submission completing its download in

<3>

<2>

<1>

<carriage return>

Got it!

Anyways, watch this topic soon for an aggregate list of entries per category, states, countries, and what anime were used.

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
2007 AMV CONTEST GENERAL STATS
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2007, 10:05:56 pm »
Submissions for each Category:

Drama I (Dark / Serious) - 17 entries
Japanese Music - 5 entries
Drama II (Upbeat / Romance) - 8 entries
Trailers - 6 entries
Comedy / Fun - 3 entries
Action & Effects - 10 Entries

TOTAL Entries to be submitted to the judges:  49 (a new record!)

- - - - -

US Entries  from 10 states
CA    GA    IL    MI    NJ
NY    OR    TX   UT    WA

plus International Entries from

Austria         Bulgaria
Canada        France
Malaysia       Morroco
Phillipines

- - - - -

Anime: 37 series

Ah! Megamisama
Angelic Layer
Aoki Densetsu Shoot!
Bleach
Burst Angel
Chrno Cross
Claymore
Code Geass
Dragon Ball Z
Elfin Lied
Ergo Proxy
Excel Saga
Fate/Stay Night
Final Fantasy
Galerians
Gunsmith Cats
Hitsuji no Uta
Honey and Clover
Jubei-chan
Kanojo to Kanojo no Neko (She and Her Cat)
Kidou Senkan Nadesico
King of Fighters
Mahoromatic
Mononoke Hime
Naruto
Onegai Sensei
Outlaw Star
Portrait de la Petite Cossette
Pumpkin Scissors
Rozen Maiden
Solty Rei
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuu-ustu
Trigun
Wolf's Rain
xxxHolic
Yami no Matsuei
Zegapain

- - - - -

These lists are COMPETITION entries only - they do not include
stats for Exhibition or AMV Show entries.

- - - - -
« Last Edit: July 28, 2007, 07:01:07 pm by Prinz Eugen »

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
Re: AMV CONTEST ENTRY DEADLINE CLOSED - GENERAL STATS FOR CONTEST
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2007, 04:10:24 pm »
This is an amazing number of entries and it's going to take a long time to watch all of them.    :D   
Horray to all of the creators who submitted something. Good luck.

Judging starts in 3 hours....   ;D   ( from the AMV contest rules: "PRE-SCREEN: All entries are reviewed by a judges' panel for video and audio quality and playback robustness. ")   

Yup, we're doing it tonight (Guy gets to mind the BBQ while we watch the entries since he does not provide any input into the judges' decisions), and NO, we will NOT tell anyone which AMVs are "in" and which are "out" -- You'll have to see the AMV competition at Kumoricon to find that out yourself.  :)   Given that the rules state that we are limited to up to 6 AMVs per category, it's going to be an interesting evening determining which ones must be culled and which ones are in the competition.    wheeeeeee!  [note: culls will most likely be shown either during the AMV pre-show or during the AMV show following the competition, depending upon when Guy thinks it's appropriate to show them.... ]
« Last Edit: July 28, 2007, 04:19:15 pm by Runa »

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2007, 05:33:37 pm »
Yay! AMV's!

That is truly amazing to see whaty countries some of the entries have come from. Kumoricon is making it big!

And yeah, judging. Was it a nice evening? Sounded like a pretty sweet time, just watchin AMV's and bbq, good stuff (Though I don't envy your positions on havingto weed them out, heh). Anyway, hope it was a productive evening!

I look forward to the AMV events at the Con, for sure.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
JUDGING COMPLETE
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2007, 08:11:30 pm »
Was it a nice evening? Sounded like a pretty sweet time, just watchin AMV's and bbq, good stuff (Though I don't envy your positions on having to weed them out, heh).

The siege is over. For whatever reason, more than half the judges 'shined' on us. But I had invited a surfeit of alternates, and so a determined skeleton crew worked through the night. By 2AM they had trimmed 52 entries (I had counted wrong above) down to a 100 minute show. I needed a 1 hour minimum and 90 minutes max, so they crashed (stayed over,) and started up at 9am today (I cooked then a modest breakfast) and they mercilessly set to it again. All done before noon.

Many of the entries that they cut are still very good works, and I will move those into the after-contest show and the late show.**

The judges' result is the following, 86-minute show of 29 entries:

Drama I (dark/serious): [4]
Japanese Music: [6]
Drama II (upbeat/romance) [6]
Trailers (Serious) [4]
Comedy/Fun [3]
Action/Effects [6]

You are correct - they made some DIFFICULT cuts. They also shifted a few AMVs into new categories, (such as moving some FUNNY trailers into Comedy/Fun) and like last year I believe they did a great job in presenting all finalist entries in their best light. I believe that this is going to be the best Kumoricon AMV show yet. And I want to keep growing it from here forward. Thank you everyone, for your support. Thank all you AMV makers out there - you did a spectacular job.

The judges also selected their Judges' Choice. [1]
A couple of REAL SUBTLE bits of visual trickery in that one!

PS - I will show a number of worthy runner-ups in the AMV show following the contest. I will also show some more 'mature' AMVs during a late evening slot as well. If time permits, and the punchy, 130am crowd is interested, we might show the rest of the entries too.

PPS: The finalists hail from [7] states and [6] foreign countries as well. Also, [5] finalist AMVs are from Oregon and [2] are from Washington State.

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
    • http://www.animemsn.com
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2007, 12:32:25 pm »
Foof. I'm so mad at myself. I kept thinking the dead line was mid-August, so I kept putting off submitting mine. I only needed to tweak 1-2 things, and maybe censor a part (it's PG-13 as is), and my work schedule has been so messed up the past 2 months (lots of split days and 6 day weeks) that I never got around to it.

2 years in a row! Ah, next year I guess. ^_^;;

Clark Anime: http://clarkanime.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/reppy
Kumoricon 2005-10 galleries: http://dunpeal.net/gallery

Offline HeavenscloneX

• Chibi
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2007, 02:09:50 pm »
Wasn't it a maximum of 6 entries per category in the contest?  Dark/Serious has 4, when before 17 entries total were mailed in for it.
~Yatta Dante
The Anime Hunters

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2007, 11:08:19 pm »
Wasn't it a maximum of 6 entries per category in the contest?  Dark/Serious has 4, when before 17 entries total were mailed in for it.

Maybe the rest just weren't fitting the quality requirements or something.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!