Author Topic: Question Regarding A Second Costume's Prop  (Read 1907 times)

Offline Keenon Williams

• Sailor Scout
Question Regarding A Second Costume's Prop
« on: June 22, 2007, 01:31:15 pm »
Okay, now all of you already know I'm going as Ryoga Hibiki in a purchased costume due to problems making it from scratch. However, recently, I have decided to go as another dude, this time as a guy from my favorite freeware side scroller game. The guy in question?

That's right, it's Quote from Doukutsu Monogatari, or as it's known here, Cave Story. For those of you that haven't figured out I'm going as the guy on the left, consider the following: I am a GUY.

Here's the question. I have the perfect thing to use for his little firearm there, a Nerf Maverick that I will be modifying to look less... well, yellow for one. But that's the thing: are Nerf guns allowed if they have no ammo in them? I know firearms must be identifiable as fakes, but do Nerfs count as fake???
06 - Naruto Uzumaki
07 - Ryoga Hibiki
08 - Kunio-kun
09 - Doctor Insano (Spoony Experiment), Seta Noriyasu
11 - Yuri Volte Hyuga

Help me make this year memorable! Take pictures with me at Kumoricon '11!

Offline pinkrandomattack

• Chibi
    • http://www.cosplaylab.com/search.asp?keyword=Lillian+Sullivan+&category=member&x=8&y=6
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2007, 06:58:15 pm »
there are written up prop rules that im pretty sure you can find starting from the main page of the website, but it might also be in a sticky somewhere logical.  i cant really remember.  but i do remember that last year there were conflicts with the cons rules and the policies of the hotel. the con was ok as long as you had it checked out but the hotel had a no tolerance policy.  you might want to go ahead and call the hotel yourself and ask them what their policy is.  as well as poking arround the site and looking for the prop rules...its here somewhere.
Commissioning again!
Props, wigs and costumes.
twilighsewmurai@gmail.com

custom Amigurumi also available. (etsy shop coming soon)

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2007, 08:05:25 pm »
yeah, check with the hotel. The con rules are more or less "no real firearms or ones that easily can be mistaken for a real one"

Basically, if it looks sufficiently FAKE (and does not have ammo) you can have it around with you, but still check w/ hotel... just 'cuz we say it's OK, it doesn't mean the hotel won't have a conniption.

Also, for firearms, you'll have to have it peacebonded, and it is likely that you may be told that you have to leave it in its holster.... don't even think about pointing it at anyone...

Offline pinkrandomattack

• Chibi
    • http://www.cosplaylab.com/search.asp?keyword=Lillian+Sullivan+&category=member&x=8&y=6
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2007, 02:14:07 am »
also, im pretty sure washington has more different laws regarding "progectile fire arms" .  something about legaly there not being any difference than going at someone with a water or nerf gun vs a real gun (assuming either way no one is hurt).  learned about that when ahhh my cousin shot up some kinda car with an air soft or bb gun, but that was more than 7 years ago.  might be a little different.
Commissioning again!
Props, wigs and costumes.
twilighsewmurai@gmail.com

custom Amigurumi also available. (etsy shop coming soon)

Offline Keenon Williams

• Sailor Scout
Re: Question Regarding A Second Costume's Prop
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2007, 10:12:16 am »
Nevermind, it's only going to be the one Ryoga costume. Oh well, at least it'll be easier for you guys to find me that way. =3
06 - Naruto Uzumaki
07 - Ryoga Hibiki
08 - Kunio-kun
09 - Doctor Insano (Spoony Experiment), Seta Noriyasu
11 - Yuri Volte Hyuga

Help me make this year memorable! Take pictures with me at Kumoricon '11!