Author Topic: 2008 Convention Chair Nominees and Discussion  (Read 4026 times)

Offline EcchiSpice

• Chibi
    • www.dreamlandjapan.com
2008 Convention Chair Nominees and Discussion
« on: September 11, 2007, 10:15:00 pm »
The President of Altonimbus and Kumoricon Chair is responsible for management of all aspects of the convention and should be able to work with everyone in the organization. The chair is also face and the voice of Kumoricon and of Altonimbus. The chair schedules and presides over all general meetings and board meetings.

The chair must ensure that all aspects of the organization are running smoothly. If someone is not fulfilling their duties, it is the chair's responsibility to bring the issue to the board or to the relevant director's attention. With a competent staff and well qualified directors, the chair should have to do little but facilitate intradepartmental coordination, and solve issues at the highest level.

« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 11:19:24 pm by guspasho »
You'll be loved, you'll be loved, like you never have known. When memories of me will seem more like bad dreams. Just a series of blurs, like I never occurred. Someday, you will be loved.

Offline EcchiSpice

• Chibi
    • www.dreamlandjapan.com
Questions
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2007, 10:17:58 pm »
Con Chair nominees,

• What word would you use describe the con you would run if you are elected?
  • How do you plan on improving the convention?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 10:41:46 pm by TomtheFanboy »
You'll be loved, you'll be loved, like you never have known. When memories of me will seem more like bad dreams. Just a series of blurs, like I never occurred. Someday, you will be loved.

Offline Mr_Phelps

• Sailor Scout
Re: 2008 Convention Chair Nominees and Discussion
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2007, 05:59:49 am »
•   What word would you use describe the con you would run if you are elected?

Connectivity!  What makes Kumoricon fun and the great convention that it is, is that there is a link/bond between all the attendees.  Everyone is at the convention to have fun and hang out with these other friends that are also into cosplay and/or some other part of anime fandom. 

•   How do you plan on improving the convention?

I will work this year on making the focus of the convention the attendees.  That means getting more exposure for the cosplay events, more panels for cosplay related activities, and generally work on ways to highlight the people who make this convention the great time that it is.  (Just need to find that extra-dimensional pocket to fit more con rooms into….)
Avatar is "Othar Tryggvassen" from GirlGeniusOnline.net

Offline Waffles

• Bunnygirl
    • http://myspace.com/skelewhore
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2007, 11:30:50 am »
What word would you use describe the con you would run if you are elected?
  Family I want people to be embrace that our beloved con is growing at an amazing rate, but i want everyone to still feel like it their con Its great to see when people haven't seen each other for a year or 6 months and they start up right where they left of. This is what kumoricon is to me a giant family of people who go to our reunion every year.

How do you plan on improving the convention?
 I would like to make it so more people could go to the panels they want or the events they want. space is always going to be a problem  but I would love to be able to make it work better.  the thing is my sense of improving might not be what other people  want and vice versa but I am always ears to here what the people want! Also more Power to the people.
Good, Bad,  i'm the guy with the gun.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2007, 01:44:33 pm »
I agree with both statements but would like more info on how to keep those priorities viable within the con :)
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).