Author Topic: Can staff enter contests? (Yes they can, as long as it doesn't interfere)  (Read 2173 times)

Offline Ed_Elric

• Sailor Scout
Hi.
I am new to the whole staff thing and I do believe I am staff or going to be soon any way, lol I filled out the paper work at the last meeting, but haven't received word yet.

But I was wondering if It is possible to Cosplay and do staff.  Also is it too late to sign up to cosplay?  If not I am going as Reno this year, and am very interested, this is my first year. 

However if it is too late, then the info would still be great to have for next year's Con.

Thanks all!
« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 04:04:34 pm by guspasho »

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
Re: Is it possible to...?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2007, 07:46:25 am »
The "official" rules as I understand it is that staff may enter any competition as long as being in that competition does not interfere with carrying out of staff duties. In other words, go ahead and enter cosplay, but be sure that your staff duties are properly handled -- this may mean that you find a substitute person to fill in for your position during the hours you're in the competition, or perhaps the timing of cosplay will be such that you can enter the competition because you'll be free during those hours.

Staff is always strongly encouraged to cosplay in the halls, so at the very least show up in your costume even if your duties don't give you the time to enter the competition.   :D

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2007, 10:33:56 am »
Yojimbo are especially encouraged to cosplay since they aren't supposed to do any performance based contests (since you wouldn't be yojimbo-ing for that time). Yojimbo are all welcome to participate in the hall cosplay contest and the various fan-creation contests where you simply submit your creation to the judges.

Ed, I suggest changing the subject of your post to be too specific. Mighty-Mod guspasho has a thing against vague questions in subjects. I suggest "staff and contests"
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline guspasho

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2007, 04:02:48 pm »
Arrrrrrgh, it irks me more each time I see it! If the crux of your question is short enough, how about putting your question in the subject line, and simply use the text field to elaborate?
2008 Facilities Liaison

Offline Ed_Elric

• Sailor Scout
My apologies Guspasho, I guess It just goes to show that one shouldn't be posting that late at night if one can't think clearly enough to make a decent title for their thread -_-