Author Topic: Help on Friday?  (Read 7125 times)

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl
Help on Friday?
« on: August 25, 2007, 11:46:08 pm »
Will anyone at the con site need help on Friday? What can we do to pitch in? I can help set stuff up and move stuff.

Also, what times will setups be? Gotta know when to be there by, of course, so I can schedule a bus ride.

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
Re: Help on Friday?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2007, 10:09:24 am »
I theory this is howfriday is going to work
vallie has to work so i will be stepping in as a temp vollenter qurdenater
which means volenteers check in with me and when people let me know if they need help, (unloading stuff, setting up thing whatever needs to be done) i direct people there
it should work right?  ???
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2007, 07:29:41 pm »
Will anyone at the con site need help on Friday? What can we do to pitch in? I can help set stuff up and move stuff.

Also, what times will setups be? Gotta know when to be there by, of course, so I can schedule a bus ride.

*waves at BJG*
hi hon
i have to work in eugene at 5pm friday, so basically i'm going to be trying to set up most of cedar (fanfic room) approx noon to 2pm, if you are free then that would be great.

it could be as simple as you hanging out making sure my car doesn't get towed while anthony and i unload items from it....or you hanging out in cedar making sure stuff doesn't "wander away"
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2007, 09:13:55 pm »
I'm not sure if I can get up there that early. But I can try, if you really want me there.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2007, 09:36:12 pm »
I'm not sure if I can get up there that early. But I can try, if you really want me there.

no pressure. just let me know if it ends up that you will be there
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2007, 10:17:35 am »
I will be there all day Friday setting stuff up and polishing some of the convention's electronic files so they're all complete. I know the Gaming staff will be arriving to prep their room mid day.

There will be constaff at the hotel from Thursday night onward. When people get there on Friday I suggest wandering around and hanging out in the side lobby since a lot of our loading will be coming through those doors. The big trcuk from Seattle will be at the loading dock in the back around Noon so we'll need plenty of people there at that time to move the big gear. Luckily the hotel has some flatbed carts we can use for most of the gear. We won't have to just use baggage carts!
« Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 10:19:47 am by TomtheFanboy »
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2007, 11:42:00 am »
tom my current feeling is that it would be a whole lot easier for me if i could bring cedar room stuff in in the middle of the night thursday into friday than friday prime time and also a lot easier getting up the highway if i avoid rush hour traffic.....i work 3p to 10p on thursday, but was thinking of trying to unload stuff at the con hotel around 1am...do you know what time the panel rooms open for putting stuff in them, or whom i would ask if i wanted to be able to bring stuff into cedar at that time of night to make it so much easier for me? also i heard we have alder all week, so if cedar isn't open could i conceivably unload the car thursday night/i.e. not long after midnight friday, then go sleep somewhere cheaper than the hilton, then come back something like 9 or 10 in the morning to get it from whereever i put it and then spread it out around cedar??????is that possible?

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2007, 11:58:25 am »
You know Rem, if you are willing to make that kind of a drive then I am willing to stay up that late to help you move stuff.

I don't know if we can get Cedar unlocked but i'm sure we can get it loaded into a room at the hotel. I will contact Meg and Rian about that tonight.

See you Friday morning (1am, eh?).
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline Dealrith

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2007, 12:45:02 pm »
So what is the earlyist that I should show up on Friday to start setting stuff up? I want to help as much as possible, but I have friends coming from out of town and I think I'm going to have dinner with them Friday night
If you Show up at 9am I'm willing to bet if you find Meg she will scoop you up and find some mission for you to play gopher on
2014 - 2018 - Quartermaster Staff Manager
2013 - Quartermaster
2012 - Quartermaster
2011 - Quartermaster
2010 - Vice Chair
2009 - Director of Operations
2008 - Yojimbo Floor Manager
2007 - Yojimbo

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2007, 02:53:37 pm »
Do you still need a ride on Friday Jaz?
you know it you got my number and remember where i live right?
anywho mustash we can be the vollenter front since vallie has work till that eveing let me know when you gonna get me
« Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 02:55:39 pm by superjaz3p »

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2007, 08:21:53 pm »
Do you still need a ride on Friday Jaz?
you know it you got my number and remember where i live right?
anywho mustash we can be the vollenter front since vallie has work till that eveing let me know when you gonna get me
food always good!
Ok. I'll pick you up on Friday about 8AM so we can be to the Hotel a bit early, and maybe ketch come breakfast on the way!
mind if we stop for a secat psuso  can get my check? it be pay day!!!
« Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 08:34:50 pm by superjaz3p »

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2007, 08:24:52 am »
yay i gets me money i gets me money!!!!