Author Topic: 50 DAYS LEFT  (Read 9019 times)

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
50 DAYS LEFT
« on: July 12, 2007, 08:24:35 pm »
until Kumoricon!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

I forgot to make a post at the 100 mark
So I said I would at the 50 mark!

To Celebrate:
http://motiono.com/watch/ONRcNoet

« Last Edit: July 12, 2007, 11:48:16 pm by kimiski »

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline totemo_oishii

• Bunnygirl
Re: 50 DAYS LEFT
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2007, 09:10:18 pm »
...[wonders how on earth she'll get her cosplay done by then]  :o

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2007, 11:48:48 pm »
To Celebrate: http://motiono.com/watch/ONRcNoet

Sorry for bad quality, sites fault not mine.

Offline laurifer

• Catgirl
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2007, 11:44:35 am »
Hooray! but that also means...49 more days until school starts D:

Sig by me~~~

Cosplay for '08:
Probably none D:

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2007, 12:30:59 pm »
School starts two days after Kcon for me.
Freshman year was horroble cause they have to go a day early, which was also the first Kcon I went to in 04, so I had to go the next day after I got back.
But I dont mind this year! I cant wait to start Senior Year!!

Offline pieisexactlythree

• Catgirl
    • Flickr
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2007, 04:07:41 pm »
I still have to remind myself that school is never starting again!  I still have exam nightmares.  Hell, last night I dreamed I was late to class because a bird shat on my head as I walked up to Lincoln HS, and I had to go to and take a shower to get my hair clean before class.  Yeah, three degrees and a high school diploma is about enough for Pi. 

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2007, 04:39:38 pm »
Who gave you the third degree? Isn't that illegal since Miranda? lol
Have Fun

Jay

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2007, 09:28:11 pm »
I still have to remind myself that school is never starting again!  I still have exam nightmares.  Hell, last night I dreamed I was late to class because a bird shat on my head as I walked up to Lincoln HS, and I had to go to and take a shower to get my hair clean before class.  Yeah, three degrees and a high school diploma is about enough for Pi. 
Hon, you can still get exam nightmares after being out of school for - eep! - more than 15 years.  Of course, eventually, part way through the nightmare, you do realize, -wait, I've been out of school forever...this is *just* a dream....  :D   

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2007, 09:46:11 pm »
Wow, I have never had exam nightmares. If I have a nightmare, it because something wants to kill and eat me. Maybe this is why I am great at getting B's, but just can't quite figure out how to get consistent A's.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline TheInsanePuck

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.myspace.com/djpuckjd
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2007, 03:50:35 am »
I sooooo need to stop procrastinating now and get my damn helmet done >.<
Insert Whitty Comments here...

oh yeah and BOOOSH
Sakuracon Security Coord 7 years running

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2007, 07:37:04 am »
Yeah, I hear you, Puck. I still have to make a mesh shirt and a jacket. How do you make a mesh shirt? It's such a dainty material already. Man....I'm kinda clueless. But yeah, hope you get done in time.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Antares

• Catgirl
    • http://bellethecat.com
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2007, 11:46:03 am »
Ack! I don't think I can wait 49 days! *dies*

- dies as well -
Unbelievable!

I still have exam nightmares.  Hell, last night I dreamed I was late to class because a bird shat on my head as I walked up to Lincoln HS, and I had to go to and take a shower to get my hair clean before class.  Yeah, three degrees and a high school diploma is about enough for Pi. 

Last night I dreamed that I was putting the charity auction together at the last minute and we had way too much stuff and we covered it all with sheets and people were walking over the sheets and the librarian from my work fell and hurt her ankle and glared at me! I kept running around going "where is the cash box? where is the auctioneer? group stuff together into lots!"

???

My Photos KCON08: http://s165.photobucket.com/albums/u66/wanderergone/Kcon08/

2008 Industry Manager :: 2007 Publicity and Relations Staff :: 2006 Publicity and Relations

Offline TheInsanePuck

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2007, 02:17:03 pm »
Yeah, I hear you, Puck. I still have to make a mesh shirt and a jacket. How do you make a mesh shirt? It's such a dainty material already. Man....I'm kinda clueless. But yeah, hope you get done in time.

like chain mesh or other like fishnet.... cause I could prolly help you and thanks for the encouragement I am gonna need it lol

oh yeah and BOOOSH

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2007, 04:46:38 pm »
It's fishnet. I just bought the material today, and I actually got pretty good advice on how to make it, so I think I can get it. What is the helmet that you're gonna be trying to make like?

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline TheInsanePuck

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2007, 05:38:13 pm »
if you watch bleach its the one the 7th squad captain wears.... so yeah I am trying to make it look exactly like it the dudes name is Komamura Sajin

oh yeah and BOOOSH

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2007, 07:13:36 pm »
Wow, I took a look at that and you do have your work cut out for you. I'd say your best bet would be to work and get well acquainted with craft foam and plastic sheeting. I was trying to think of an object you could use so you wouldn't have to make it completely from scratch (due to its weird shape). A wastebasket came to mind, but still (unless you can find one with a slightly pentagonal shape) it would probably be a bit off. So, I'd say, layer craft foam about two-fold, then layer plastic sheeting on the outside (gluing each layer together in the process). Making sure the length wraps around your head with excess space for the corners, that should give you the basic outline. To make the corners, though, hmmm....I'm not sure about that. Plastic sheeting bends and creases pretty well, and should keep the corner shape when glued to the foam that way. Of course, everything I'm saying is just speculation based off of my experience with the material. If I get anymore ideas, or if you end up going this route, I can give you more help later on. Hope this helps you out, though, Puck!

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline TheInsanePuck

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2007, 01:23:06 am »
actually the way I am gonna end up doing it is by getting a cardboard tube the type you pour concrete into to make pillars and the such and then use sheet plastic heat it up and start forming it around it and then like cut some strips of plastic and kinda form them onto it and then go over it with latex paint to give it the look and everything then from there I am kinda stumped.... but in the begining I was gonna form it all out of PVC and the like so it would be form fitting and be good to go but it will still be fitting and everything my big problem is.... my character is 9 foot somethin I am only 6'3" on a good day so I need to find some platform boots to get me up to like 6'9" or so... so I will be taller then most people but yeah

oh yeah and BOOOSH

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2007, 06:31:30 am »
Ooh, well at least you got a plan for how to go about it. Hope it works for you. And since you are already 6'3", it shouldn't be too hard to get to 6'9". Heck, I've got a pair of 5" platform boots. They aren't that spendy; how much would you be willing to spend to pick some up?

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline TheInsanePuck

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2007, 01:39:58 pm »
Like about $75 or so if they are good ones n stuff prolly more but yeah including the helmet I wanna be pushing 7 feetcause its prolly gonna add like 3 inches or so and then yeah... I dunno I just wanna have people be like.... Look a uber tall dude... granted I misstep I am going down like a ton of bricks

oh yeah and BOOOSH

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2007, 02:35:59 pm »
haha, yeah, you gotta be careful with those tall costumes. Balance definitely suffers in the face of height, heh

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Keenon Williams

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2007, 04:20:26 pm »
Yup, the convention draws near. The day that a Ryoga Hibiki cosplayer will pester all girls he sees at the convention to hug or kiss him to try and beat Andy.

Seriously, more girls volunteer? Pleaaaaaaase? ;_;

But anyway, yeah, this con's gonna rule. =3
06 - Naruto Uzumaki
07 - Ryoga Hibiki
08 - Kunio-kun
09 - Doctor Insano (Spoony Experiment), Seta Noriyasu
11 - Yuri Volte Hyuga

Help me make this year memorable! Take pictures with me at Kumoricon '11!

Offline TheInsanePuck

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2007, 10:55:27 pm »
yes add more height plus me equals more of a chance of me doing a huge face plant.... AWESOME... and ahhh yes the ryoga hibiki cosplay do not pester the ladies too much.... and I am so gonna get my bro to pull his ranma outfit out of retirement it shall make me giggle...

I doubt with my costume I will get any hugs and kisses from the ladies... it shall make me sad

oh yeah and BOOOSH

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2007, 06:22:12 am »
Yeah, you'll need to carry around a sign that says "DO NOT GLOMP - MAY CAUSE MASSIVE CATASTROPHE" lol

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline TheInsanePuck

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2007, 08:09:06 am »
lol totally I am so gonna carry that sign lol hmmm what else could I put on the sign Warning land slides may occur

crap if kumoricon is anything like sakuracon I can not carry a sign....DAMN RULES!!!

oh yeah and BOOOSH

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2007, 01:31:58 pm »
I think you can have signs like that. I think it is just signs encouraging glomping or soliciting people and interactions that Kumoricon and most cons tend to ban.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline TheInsanePuck

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2007, 01:34:55 pm »
yeah you are prolly right but at sakuracon they allow no signs as forms of solicitation such as Free hugs and the like thats the one I had to bust down on the hardest at sakuracon -.-

oh yeah and BOOOSH

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2007, 01:40:54 pm »
Oooh, yeah. People and their fear of human interaction and lack of initiative.....crack 'em down, Puck!!

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline laurifer

• Catgirl
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2007, 02:30:48 pm »
Are signs allowed at k-con?

Sig by me~~~

Cosplay for '08:
Probably none D:

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2007, 02:59:41 pm »
Aiiiieeee!!!!! It's even less time when you're neurotic and/or obsessive! Like this.

I am at work 40 hours a week but only do work about 30 hours (I'm typing this during work).... so thats 1 day and 8 hours times 7 weeks, 9 days and 8 hours total.
41 days and 16 hours.
Next, we don't count sleeping. Sleep can be counted as prepping for the convention (more now, less then!)or just avoided entirely. So instead lets count the lunch hours at work away from the internet and coommuting times, 1 hour and 20 minutes a day, four times a week is 5 hours and 20 minutes less.
41 days, 10 hours, 40 minutes

I run an RPG that is older than the convention, and play in two others who act as my primary pastimes. This totals to an average of 12 hours a week (more on some weeks and less on others) for a total of 3.5 days
37 days, 22 hours, 40 minutes

Finally, the last Harry Potter book comes out this weekend. I'm re-reading the series this week which sort of claims those 10 hours I chopped off my workweek and an additional 4 hours (at least) on my weekday off. Then there's the release party and we'll say, 12 hours total over the next couple days for me to read the Deathly Hallows (just to be thorough). The means Potter gets 1 day and 2 hours of my time.
36 days, 20 hours, 40 minutes

Wow, that's a lot less, but that's the amount of time I have to prepare. However, not all preparation is on my costumes (which are maybe 1/3 done). I'll update this with an edit including the Kumoricon stuff that won't help my costumes...

I am online working for Pocky Club and Staff about 30 minutes a weeknight average and maybe 30 minutes on weekends when we don't have meetings, puting internet work away from my costumes at 3 hours per week, 21 hours total.
35 days, 23 hours, 40 minutes

I'm not on the phone with people that much, unlike some people on the fourms  ::) so phone calls that keep me from working (on con stuff or otherwise) only takes about 2 minutes a day on average. giving us 100 minutes, or 1 hour and 40 minutes from the total.
35 days, 22 hours, and 0 minutes

There's going to be two more meetings (3 hours each), an envelope stuffing (8am to 2pm makes it 6 hours), and a mini-con (we'll say 5 hours for now to be conservative) for 14 hours of convention work. The commute to and from Vancouver can be a half hour by car of an hour and a half by bus, so we'll take an hour commute, there and back, three times (making the total commute and meeting work 20 hours)
35 days, 2 hours, 0 minutes

And of course, this countdown was posted at "July 12, 2007, 08:24:35 PM "
It's now "July 17, 03:01 PM" so that's a whole 4 days and 19 hours less! Luckily the countdown was from a Thursday to a Friday, this means that it is accurate for the day I have to be there. However, since my I will be working on setup all day Friday and getting to the hotel on Thursday night (we'll leave out commute because I might be able to a little cosplay work before midnight), I'm really out of time one day earlier, so -5 days and 19 hours.
29 days, 7 hours, 0 minutes!
 :o
LESS THAN A MONTH for me to get my costumes finished! Aaaaiiiieeee!!!!!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2007, 03:20:05 pm by TomtheFanboy »
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2007, 03:24:21 pm »
Are signs allowed at k-con?

The policy has basically become NO SIGNS.

There are exceptions but don't even go anywhere near to the "solicitation" line or the yojimbos will getcha. Also, don't stand in the hallway holding up a sign for any ammount of time, that drives the staffers nuts. Only stop long enough for people to take a picture and then keep moving.

We've got big hallways but otaku can block any sized passage.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline leashy

• Catgirl
    • http://www.myspace.com/leashychan
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2007, 08:35:20 pm »
Soo... who wants to work on my costume for me? =D

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2007, 09:17:22 pm »
haha, who do you plan to go as, Leashy?

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline TheInsanePuck

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2007, 10:54:18 pm »
For eye what he posted oh dude do not worry I bust down on human interaction of so hardcore

oh yeah and BOOOSH

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2007, 06:16:06 am »
haha, sweeet. AlmightyPuck, Destroyer of Glomp! lol

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline TheInsanePuck

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2007, 03:35:50 am »
LOL... oh I am so gonna use that from now on.... My Staff badge for sakuracon shall now say... PUCK DESTROYER OF GLOMPS... when I first erad that I just imagined myself sitting on a throne like Conan with his theme song going on with lme holding a huge Plastic Hammer like seen in many animes

oh yeah and BOOOSH

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2007, 06:39:36 am »
hahaha, awesome. We should go about finding or making you one of those giant mallets, lol

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline TheInsanePuck

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2007, 03:05:18 am »
dude.... that is the best idea I have ever heard.... I am gonna go try and find the conan theme song now... we should get together sometime and try to find things to make it out of

oh yeah and BOOOSH

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2007, 03:20:35 am »
Yeah, man, it'd be fun. I was just telling Hieng (Princess) that now that I am basically done with my costume, I need more stuff to work on, cause I love making costumes and props and all that good stuff. I'd totally be down with trying to make you a giant mallet or something. It'd be a fun project (I always have fun with props, I've noticed, heh)

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline TheInsanePuck

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2007, 03:45:15 pm »
Dude for sure I am down for it too it will be a odd costume for Kumoricon and everything but eh oh well.... but yeah dude we need to set up a time and a place or something or hell we can just cruise around in my truck and look for places to go or something lol

oh yeah and BOOOSH

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2007, 05:26:53 pm »
heh, sounds sweet. What is your availability like during the week? My schedule, I'm not so sure about yet, but when I find out days off, I'll let you know. ^_^

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline TheInsanePuck

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2007, 01:52:18 am »
Next week its pretty much friday saturday sunday are open then after that I start school up again and pretty much am only open friday saturday sunday but yeah dude it will be awesome n stuff I do not know where we could go so I will leave that to you n stuff lol

oh yeah and BOOOSH

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2007, 03:48:14 am »
haha, alright. If nothing else, we can get food and then go to Wunderland, lol

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline TheInsanePuck

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2007, 12:04:22 pm »
IT SHALL BE DONE!!! yeah I heard there are some good like Soba shops and like beef bowl places in beaverton I just gonna find em

oh yeah and BOOOSH

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2007, 08:22:38 pm »
Yeah, there is a pretty nifty "asian district" across the street from Cedar Hills Crossing. I've never been there, but I've seen it as I passed by all the time. They got sushi, I know that for sure, lol.

Anyway, I work this weekend, Fridasy through Sunday, 7am to 3pm. So if we can do anything, I will be free in the afternoons and evenings. Free to discuss prop construction and all things Otaku, haha

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline TheInsanePuck

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #44 on: July 24, 2007, 12:21:25 am »
lol hells yes DUDE we should set up a anime night or something and invite abunch of people from the forums to it n such... personally I got a pretty huge downstairs with a bige screen and its HD and surround sound

oh yeah and BOOOSH

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #45 on: July 24, 2007, 12:59:52 am »
w00t! I agree completely. Your place sounds way more fitting than mine, since I just live in a pretty simple apartment. I think it would be really sweet to try and have a forumster hang out (among the others that have gone on, that I have not been able to make it to, lol). Yeah, sweet idea. We can watch anime and have a pre-con panel on anime prop making, haha. Ah, fun stuff.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline TheInsanePuck

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #46 on: July 24, 2007, 01:04:48 am »
aright its on I am so down for it we can watch a ton of anime and stuff like that sides it would be a nice get together and yeah totally panel sounds like a good idea think I should make a thread up n stuff to see who would be down to go to it

oh yeah and BOOOSH

Offline Keenon Williams

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #47 on: July 24, 2007, 10:12:59 am »
SPAAAAAAAAAM!
06 - Naruto Uzumaki
07 - Ryoga Hibiki
08 - Kunio-kun
09 - Doctor Insano (Spoony Experiment), Seta Noriyasu
11 - Yuri Volte Hyuga

Help me make this year memorable! Take pictures with me at Kumoricon '11!

Offline TheInsanePuck

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #48 on: July 24, 2007, 11:51:20 am »
WE KNOW!!!!... but its important in its own right...

oh yeah and BOOOSH

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #49 on: July 24, 2007, 12:20:35 pm »
Of course it is important. And even if it is spam, this is the spam thread afterall.....*pulls out massive mallet* Thunk!

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline TheInsanePuck

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #50 on: July 24, 2007, 09:38:02 pm »
OOOOOO PWNED!.... spam thread is where we put the spam....mmm spamalicious....

but yes I am gonna see if I can set up the whole anime night think... but you think I should start a thread and see who wants to come?

oh yeah and BOOOSH

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #51 on: July 24, 2007, 10:15:59 pm »
Yeah, I'd say it'd be a good idea. Can't hurt. I'll do it if you don't wanna, heh. All must respect the mallet of Mighty Puck! When you post, the forum listens! lol

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline TheInsanePuck

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #52 on: July 24, 2007, 10:19:39 pm »
LMAO!!! ITS TRUE!!!

Eye I am making you general of the Puck Army... GO FORTH MY GENERAL!!!

oh yeah and BOOOSH

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #53 on: July 24, 2007, 10:24:36 pm »
Aye, Captain!

First orders: Shall I gather the troops for our rally?

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline TheInsanePuck

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #54 on: July 25, 2007, 12:23:29 am »
YES.... go forth and do my bidding of gathering people... to join the Puck army anime midnight viewing party and improtu panel

oh yeah and BOOOSH