Author Topic: Absolutely amazing...  (Read 1988 times)

Offline manekineko

• Sailor Scout
    • My Deviant
Absolutely amazing...
« on: July 08, 2007, 12:05:13 am »
Okay so even if you're not a Dir en Grey fan, but if you're a fan of anything musical you can realize how much this made my night.

I just got back from the Deftones/Dir en Grey concert and look what I got!!!!!!!!!

DIE"S PICK!!! (sorry I look exhausted)

I reached out to grab and it went right past my hand. I looked back and my boyfriend ninja'd it out of the air for me.

MMMMmmmm..... I am extremely giddy right now. Die = Love.
Absolute '07 Cosplay
Rukia School Uniform - Bleach
Android 18 - DBZ
Kairi - KH2
I think, haha...

Offline manekineko

• Sailor Scout
    • My Deviant
Absolutely amazing...
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2007, 12:11:14 am »
Bumping and asking if anyone else has any band memorabilia?

I still have a ton of signed posters and cds from back in my Warped Tour days. I could probably sell it.
Absolute '07 Cosplay
Android 18 - DBZ
Kairi - KH2
I think, haha...

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
Absolutely amazing...
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2007, 12:37:03 am »
Congratulations :D I know a friend who would just die to get something like that.

The only thing I ever got from a band was when I went to a Smashmouth concert ever so long ago my sister and I got the guitar pick from the guitarist of the band, we were happy :3 We also got their autographs on our tickets.

I'd really like to get some band stuff from MSI or The Mad Caddies though~ That would be luff for me.
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
Absolutely amazing...
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2007, 12:41:02 am »
I was there as well..don't think I saw you though. Was wearing my Kcon 2005 shirt...I had fliers I was going to pass out in the line but we got there late <.< I saw a guy I work with and he got a pick from them as well. The show was definitely awesome. Except I didn't like Fall of Troy <.<

As for signed stuff..I've got a bunch of things signed from years ago when I used to go to shows a lot. Simple Plan, Sum 41, Earshot, Glassjaw, Adema, GOB, Less Than Jake, Dropkick Murphy's...I know there's others but I can't remember them at the moment.
2011 New Cosplay Plans: Boba Fett, Hoshi (Arakawa Under the Bridge), Malcolm Reynolds

Offline manekineko

• Sailor Scout
    • My Deviant
Absolutely amazing...
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2007, 12:49:38 am »
Quote from: "~boogiepop~"
Congratulations :D I know a friend who would just die to get something like that.

The only thing I ever got from a band was when I went to a Smashmouth concert ever so long ago my sister and I got the guitar pick from the guitarist of the band, we were happy :3 We also got their autographs on our tickets.

I'd really like to get some band stuff from MSI or The Mad Caddies though~ That would be luff for me.

Oh my god, I would love to get something from MSI. I was going to see them (around 4 years ago) but it sold out. I was extremely sad about that.

Quote from: "Trumby"
I was there as well..don't think I saw you though. Was wearing my Kcon 2005 shirt...I had fliers I was going to pass out in the line but we got there late <.< I saw a guy I work with and he got a pick from them as well. The show was definitely awesome. Except I didn't like Fall of Troy <.<

As for signed stuff..I've got a bunch of things signed from years ago when I used to go to shows a lot. Simple Plan, Sum 41, Earshot, Glassjaw, Adema, GOB, Less Than Jake, Dropkick Murphy's...I know there's others but I can't remember them at the moment.

Yeah Fall of Troy wasn't my favorite, I was trying to figure out how good the sound was in there, and then when Dir en Grey started I realized that Fall of Troy just wasn't that great. I didn't stay very long (left just after Deftones started). I forgot to bring ibuprofen (my concert staple) so I had a humongous headache, and I couldn't hear anything.

You know it was a good show if your back hurts, your knees ache, and you can't hear a d*mn thing. Haha :lol:
Absolute '07 Cosplay
Android 18 - DBZ
Kairi - KH2
I think, haha...

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
Re: Absolutely amazing...
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2007, 06:52:40 am »
Sweeeeeet! Glad the show rocked so hard for youze! ^_^

As for procured memorabilia, I'd say my prized possession is from Oktotenfest 2006, wehn Bella Morte and Hanzel Und Gretyl came through. Bella Morte being one of my all-time favorite bands, I was up front rockin with them the whole time, and then when they were done, I got one of three setlist sheets, which I got signed by the entire band (since they are such awesome guys and just hung out afterwards). Yeah, that made my night, year, and now it is proudly on my wall. I also got a Hanzel Und Gretyl shotglass, bearing their logo and the Jaegermeister logo. Good stuff.

Then there is also the list of various autographs I have in my collection: Papa Roach, P.O.D. (twice), Killswitch Engage, got a picture with some guys from Graveworm. Yeah, it is always fun to really earn something at a show.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline totemo_oishii

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2007, 08:38:34 am »
so lucky!  ;D

Offline TheInsanePuck

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.myspace.com/djpuckjd
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2007, 03:37:30 am »
my buddy was at that show.... I wish I could have gone but I was doing work as a bartender at a wedding  :'(

but congrat on your boy friend ninja'ing it n such he must be a high class ninja
Insert Whitty Comments here...

oh yeah and BOOOSH
Sakuracon Security Coord 7 years running