Author Topic: 2007 Console Gaming Game & Equipment Check / Donations  (Read 6452 times)

Offline HellSap

• Sailor Scout
2007 Console Gaming Game & Equipment Check / Donations
« on: June 25, 2007, 06:30:11 pm »
Heya folks.
Just wanted to explain a little bit about the console room this year.  As last year, security is going to be a bit tighter to allow for the influx of nice shiny wireless controllers that cost a ton.  That means nothing goes in / out unless it gets checked in for con use.  Special exceptions can be made, surely.

But what it also comes down to is, we've got all these consoles, but no games, whatsoever.  Not that we're not providing a large selection and going to rent them, its just in the past I know we had a large amount of stuff from last years, but since I was not in charge of that system, I have no idea who brought what.

I'm posting this thread up to see what everyone plans on bringing to the con, and get in touch with anyone that wants to bring something and add it to the pot.  The more stuff that comes in, the better the experience can be for everyone.

We will be marking the games like last time, as well as using a badge check / rental system, to make sure that nothing gets swiped.
Either post here or send a personal email to me -> hellsap@gmail.com to make sure things get rolling for the con.  Thanks and have a nice day. wooh.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2007, 05:08:41 pm by JeffT »
Always and forever... Conspiring with the devil, Conquering together.
D/L Star Control 2 - Ur-Quan Masters here http://sourceforge.net/projects/sc2/ !
PSU Video Game Club - http://randomselect.groups.pdx.edu/

Offline gemineye42

• Sailor Scout
Re: 2007 Console Gaming Game & Equipment Check / Donations
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2007, 10:20:41 am »
Games I will be bringing for checkout/tournaments:

Mario Kart: Double Dash!
Soul Calibur III
Dance Dance Revolution Max 1 & 2
Frequency
Super Bust-A-Move

Also, my gamecube and 3 standard controllers, 1 wavebird.

Everyone who plans to bring a game or system to loan to the con please post here, so we don't have to rent more games than necessary. We have a very secure system for loaner items, and haven't lost a game yet, so don't be afraid to loan! We may even have something cool for people who do loan games and equipment! Thanks!
I can has cheezburger?

Offline guspasho

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2007, 10:33:48 am »
I'll bring back my PS2 with its one standard controller.
2008 Facilities Liaison

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2007, 11:15:44 am »
No games that'd be played at con..but if you guys need it I'll bring my ps2, only one controller though.
2011 New Cosplay Plans: Boba Fett, Hoshi (Arakawa Under the Bridge), Malcolm Reynolds

Offline Antares

• Catgirl
    • http://bellethecat.com
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2007, 12:07:03 pm »
Wii
- Cooking Mama
- Sports and Play (if you need them)

PS2
- Capcon Classics Collection v.1 (Street Fighter, Legendary Wings etc.)
- Activision Anthology (Kaboom, Pitfall etc. All the old classics!)
- We heart Katamari

and, if you want, Leisure Suit Larry for late night gaming - rated M for naughtyness  ;)

My Photos KCON08: http://s165.photobucket.com/albums/u66/wanderergone/Kcon08/

2008 Industry Manager :: 2007 Publicity and Relations Staff :: 2006 Publicity and Relations

Offline HellSap

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2007, 05:54:19 pm »
No games that'd be played at con..but if you guys need it I'll bring my ps2, only one controller though.

I wouldn't be so sure... I know theres always going to people who want to play casual games.   More stock the better.  The more variety we have onhand, the less we need to spend on getting out as many rentals as possible.  I'm even planning on bringing as much as possible.  Even if nobody plays it, it'll just sit there with a sticker on it.  No harm, but it looks a bit more impressive.
Anyway, glad to get more games offered to be brought.  Thanks guys, I implore you to keep it coming!
D/L Star Control 2 - Ur-Quan Masters here http://sourceforge.net/projects/sc2/ !

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2007, 11:02:08 pm »
Haha no I mean I have like, no multiplayer games :P
2011 New Cosplay Plans: Boba Fett, Hoshi (Arakawa Under the Bridge), Malcolm Reynolds

Offline HellSap

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2007, 04:38:30 pm »
Yeah, I know.  Err, I guess what I was going to type first clarified a bit more, like listing some of the stuff I'd bring... but instead I summed it up in the word "casual".  I think I remember seeing people playing Disgaea last year... it all gets played, though I'd rather not see 1 person hog a tv for several hours just trying to play some retarded game by themselves when a large group of others wants to play something else.  However, there should be a lot of down time for casual, and I'd like to see every gamer catered to at the con.  If people had some cool single player games (Rez, Disgaea, Killer 7, Paper Mario, RE4, *insert awesome game here*)  I can be happy and say we had awesome games to show people.   Plus that means we don't have to rent em, lol. 

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2007, 11:35:40 pm »
Haha..well I can bring them along with me anyway just for kicks if nothing else. I've got FF7 through FFXII, MGS1, MGS2: Sons of Liberty, MGS3, RE4, and...oh wait I do have a multiplayer game, Tony Hawk 3.

Offline guspasho

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2007, 01:42:39 pm »
For those of us who bring stuff of our own to loan to gaming, how will the equipment and games check-in be handled? Last year I stayed in one of the con suites and all my stuff I brought in a box and the box just sort of got taken out of the suite and in to gaming by itself.

I was a little bit worried that my stuff had walked off never to return.

Will there be a drop-off period where we can maybe get receipts to prove that gaming has our stuff? I'd just be satisfied with any process with a bit more structure than what ended up happening to me last year. Maybe there was and I just didn't know about it? Thanks.

1000 posts! Woot!
« Last Edit: August 04, 2007, 01:44:26 pm by guspasho »
2008 Facilities Liaison

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2007, 11:44:00 pm »
That's a good question..I knew there was something else I had wanted to ask about this.

Offline gemineye42

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2007, 12:17:23 am »
I will take this opportunity to mention our new and improved loaning system!

Via computer technology (AKA - Excel! Woo!) we will be cataloging and documenting all items loaned to gaming, via assigned number. We've used a sticker system in the past, which works great. Your items are given a number and are all labeled with said number, and documented in the system (the stickers peel easily leaving no residue, if you are concerned). You will receive a printed copy of your list if you wish. Loaning hours will be available on the following schedule:

Saturday, August 25th I am available all day to check in systems, they can either be brought to my house or I can pick them up. I am carting a lot of stuff to the con so a couple extra systems won't break me.
Sunday, August 26th same

Week of August 27-30 check-in unavailable except by appointment, contact me for details or to set one up.

August 31st I will be at the hotel to set things up and drop things off starting about 12PM, so bring anything you have by the gaming room at that time. I will likely leave after midnight.

Anytime during the con, you can check in an item with any of the gaming staff.

Upon the close of the con, we will attempt to get all the donated items wrapped up first. It is recommended that you bring a box or carrying case for your items, to make them easier to sort afterwards. There will be gaming staff present after close to return your items - if they do not recognize you they may ask you for ID, so have it ready. Gaming staff will be leaving the con by 9:00 PM on Monday night. If you have not picked up your items by that time, please send someone in your stead or they will be sent to lost + found and no longer the responsibility of the gaming department.

I hope that answers everyone's questions! Thanks for donating folks, the con really appreciates your willingness to make gaming a success!
« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 02:01:34 pm by gemineye42 »
I can has cheezburger?

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2007, 11:09:05 pm »
I can bring my shiny new copy of Street Fighter Alpha Anthology for PS2 if anyone wants to play it.

Offline itachi_man_cosplayer

• Oni
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2007, 11:27:26 am »
is halo 2 gonna be there? if not ill bring my halo 2

Offline gemineye42

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2007, 01:21:46 pm »
We're not doing Halo 2 as a tournament this year, but you are welcome to bring a copy for general play.
I can has cheezburger?

Offline itachi_man_cosplayer

• Oni
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2007, 05:34:03 pm »
alrighty then ill bring it but this is my first time for any convention like thing so i might not find the place and do i just like take it to the gaming room or what?

Offline gemineye42

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2007, 09:16:21 am »
If you are coming to the con Friday night, we will be there until about 12. You may come by the Gaming room any time while it is open, which will be 8:00 AM to 1:00 AM and check it in with someone. Do not just drop it on the table, be sure to give us your name and phone number at the desk. Thanks!
I can has cheezburger?

Offline gemineye42

• Sailor Scout
UPDATE!
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2007, 02:08:36 pm »
This is the current list I have of games/systems we FOR SURE will NEED for the tournaments! If you can bring an item on the list, I will add your name next to it if you post. PLEASE do not offer to bring something if you are unsure, because we are using this list as a reference for when we go rent games, and will not rent copies if people say they are bringing one. THANK YOU!

Games & number of copies needed

Super Smash Brothers Melee - 6 []
Mario Kart: Double Dash! - 4 []
Soul Calibur III - 2 []
Guitar Hero II - 1 - for Xbox 360 [NONE NEEDED, CON OWNS ONE]
Naruto 4 (AND LOADER) - 2 []
Wii Sports - 2   [NONE NEEDED, CON OWNS 2]
DDR (ANY) - 2   - for PS2 []
Tetris Attack! - 2 - for SNES []

System/Accessory/Controller

Super Nintendo - 2 []
Xbox 360 - 1 []

Like I said I will update this when I get confirmations. Thanks!
I can has cheezburger?

Offline black marth 07

• Chibi
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2007, 02:46:30 pm »
I will bring Naruto 4 and the loader, i have all characters but memory card is mine i'm carring that . . . but do i drop it off in the gaming room on saturday in the morning . . ??? because neither do i know where the gaming room is  . .

Offline gemineye42

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2007, 09:22:25 am »
The gaming room will be on the map you receive when you go to registration. Swing by anytime on Saturday in the morning or afternoon and check-in your memory card and game with the gaming staff. We will add you into the system and label your items. Thanks!
I can has cheezburger?