Author Topic: Policy Question, Metal costumes and size  (Read 1439 times)

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
Policy Question, Metal costumes and size
« on: June 22, 2007, 08:47:44 am »
During the last yojimbo meeting I noticed a restriction on prop size. Something about 1.5 times the width of the cosplayer?

I am building a Motorad costume. the easiest way to describe it would be to ask you to imagine the lightcycles from Tron. A person lays down in the frame of the bike. Well I'm doing that with a mountain bike.

I'm planning on bringing the costume out for a couple hours the last day of the convention and I need to know if I'll be able to make a circuit through the convention space with it or if I'll have to go across the street for our photographs. I can stand up in the costume but the front tire sticks out in front of me a few feet.

Also, I know that all metal weapons and most props are not allowed, but this is the costume itself being the metal piece, that's not a problem is it? It will be strapped onto me the whole time after all.

PS- I never brought it up before because we hadn't started building and I wasn't sure it'd work. Turns out the bike I got fits like a glove so it's a go. It's very exciting.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010