Author Topic: Higurashi no naku koro ni  (Read 16464 times)

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
Higurashi no naku koro ni
« on: June 20, 2007, 08:37:42 pm »
Yes! It started out as just me but we have a small group shaping up :D
I'm gonna be going as Rena
TsukikoAiko is going to be going as Rika if she can ::{Nipan!}::
and KurosakiIchigo666 will be going as Keiichi if he can pull it togather~!
Our day for that is going to be Monday and I'm gonna be walking around in my Rena costume in the evenings of the con.

It'd be great if we could get a whole group together! So if there's anyone else going from there or would like to post on here!
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline TsukikoAiko

• Chibi
    • The Guilty Brigade
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2007, 08:47:19 pm »
That's RIGHT! HIGURASHI NO NAKU KORO NI! NIPA!!!!!

I will HOPEFULLY be able to get my costume all together to go as Rika on Monday. I'm 98% sure I can do it. I figure instead of getting a wig I'll just tint my hair purpleish blue so I wont have to worry about the funding for a wig.

RENA IS TAKING ME OUT FOR TAKE OUT!!!
Sakuracon 09- A.B.A or S-ko, Subaru, & Sophitia
Kumoricon 09- Guilty Gear, Who knows, & SECRET!!!

THE GUILTY BRIGADE COSPLAY GROUP!
http://www.myspace.com/guilty_brigade

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2007, 12:23:52 am »
Bringing this back to life :D

Come on no other takers D:

I know thar be other Higurashi lovers out there~ And the costumes ain't too hard~

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline Lin

• Catgirl
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2007, 09:53:00 am »
One of my friends may be going as the chick with the green ponytail... please don't kill me for not knowing the crazy ladies name!*cowers* I plan to walk around behind her doing her crazy laugh since I am a very good mimic and scare the crap out of her that way! :twisted:
Secrety secrets!

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2007, 09:56:02 am »
Quote from: "Lin"
One of my friends may be going as the chick with the green ponytail... please don't kill me for not knowing the crazy ladies name!*cowers* I plan to walk around behind her doing her crazy laugh since I am a very good mimic and scare the crap out of her that way! :twisted:

OMG ARE YOU SERIOUS??!!! Yes! There will be a Mion!
Do you know what day she is gonna cosplay as her?

~2012 cosplay mofos~

Offline TsukikoAiko

• Chibi
    • The Guilty Brigade
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2007, 02:16:18 pm »
OOOOOOOO a Mion!

I hope she cosplays her on Monday XD Then we'd have Rena, Keiichi, Mion and Rika.

All I have to do for Rika's costume now is alter my long sleeved button up to short, make the neck bow, and suspenders. YAY FOR HAVING BRIGHT PINK MARY JANES FROM SPAIN! Ahem.......NIPAH!

Offline Lin

• Catgirl
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2007, 10:53:33 pm »
She is doing it on Monday as well just try to hunt her up in one of the preceeding days! That won't be too hard she will be Seras Victoria from Hellsing on Saturday and Sakura from Naruto on Sunday! Plus I think she is doing a dance skit... Melancholy something or other dance!
Secrety secrets!

Offline TsukikoAiko

• Chibi
    • The Guilty Brigade
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2007, 02:00:36 pm »
Quote from: "Lin"
She is doing it on Monday as well just try to hunt her up in one of the preceeding days! That won't be too hard she will be Seras Victoria from Hellsing on Saturday and Sakura from Naruto on Sunday! Plus I think she is doing a dance skit... Melancholy something or other dance!
Ahh the Melancholy of Haruhi dance. Well once it gets closer to con time I'll set a place for us to all meet for photos. Hopefully I'll track her down before that, but if not all the info will be here on the forums.

Offline TsukikoAiko

• Chibi
    • The Guilty Brigade
Re: Higurashi no naku koro ni
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2007, 12:31:53 pm »
COSTUME UPDATE!

Well, that's just my excuse to revive the thread. XD
Currently the only thing I have to do for Rika is make the suspenders, but other then that I'm done and helping ~boogiepop~ in anyway I can so we can get her Rena costume done.

I'd also like to make it public now that I will be going with Rika's original hair color of blue, and not purple. It's only purple in the anime and dying my hair blue is a lot easier then violet.

Offline Lin

• Catgirl
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2007, 08:39:28 pm »
The Mion wants to know if you are gonna possibly hunt up a Shion?
Secrety secrets!

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2007, 08:59:30 pm »
FYI, I've got you guys listed as a Monday meet up on my Cosplay photoshoot list.  ;D
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2007, 09:47:56 pm »
FYI, I've got you guys listed as a Monday meet up on my Cosplay photoshoot list.  ;D

Thanks Tom!

~2012 cosplay mofos~

Offline TsukikoAiko

• Chibi
    • The Guilty Brigade
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2007, 10:21:19 pm »
The Mion wants to know if you are gonna possibly hunt up a Shion?
~Boogiepop~ and I will see what we can do about finding a Shion. If not it'll just be like the first Arc of the anime since Shion's not in it. Anyway, as I said, we're on the lookout and we'll let you know if we find someone.

Thanks again Tom for putting up the GG and Higurashi photoshoots on the list, I'll be posting times for both as con time get's closer.

Offline misamisa

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2007, 10:51:21 pm »
I'm surprised to find that there will be some Higurashi cosplayers!
I'm not 100% sure yet, but there is a chance that I will be attending as Mion Sonozaki.  We'll see how things turn out.
k-con '09: Creed (Black Cat); Euphemia (Code Geass); Ichimaru (Bleach); Takano (Higurashi no Naku koro Ni)

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2007, 09:23:10 am »
I'm not 100% sure yet, but there is a chance that I will be attending as Mion Sonozaki.  We'll see how things turn out.

Yay another Mion! Unless your Lin's friend who just joined the forums. Well we hope you can get your costume done and we're going to have a photoshoot on Monday X3 Keep us updated with your costume progress yo~ :3

~2012 cosplay mofos~

Offline TsukikoAiko

• Chibi
    • The Guilty Brigade
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2007, 02:14:18 pm »
We have 2 Keiichi's, Rena, Mion (1 or 2 depending on if the one is Lin's friend or not) and Rika.

I'm really looking forward to this whole thing. The one Keiichi will be taking photos for us and I'm sure we can find someone in the park to get a snap of all of us. I'm actually really surprised that there's this many of us. I remember when ~boogiepop~ and I were just starting the whole thing ^_^

Offline misamisa

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2007, 01:18:39 am »

Yay another Mion! Unless your Lin's friend who just joined the forums. Well we hope you can get your costume done and we're going to have a photoshoot on Monday X3 Keep us updated with your costume progress yo~ :3

Nope, don't know Lin.  Or anybody, really.  *shy newbie wave*
I'll keep you guys updated.  I should know for sure within the next couple of weeks whether I'll have the time/resources to do it.  If I do Mion, we'll have to meet up on Monday for sure!  It sounds like a lot of fun. ;D
k-con '09: Creed (Black Cat); Euphemia (Code Geass); Ichimaru (Bleach); Takano (Higurashi no Naku koro Ni)

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2007, 10:14:17 am »

Nope, don't know Lin.  Or anybody, really.  *shy newbie wave*
I'll keep you guys updated.  I should know for sure within the next couple of weeks whether I'll have the time/resources to do it.  If I do Mion, we'll have to meet up on Monday for sure!  It sounds like a lot of fun. ;D

Huzzah! More for us ::{evil grin}:: which one of her costumes are you doing?

~2012 cosplay mofos~

Offline TsukikoAiko

• Chibi
    • The Guilty Brigade
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2007, 11:09:02 am »
This is awesome. More and more people keep adding onto our little group. It was a great idea to post about it ~boogiepop~

Can't wait to see you all dressed up on Monday!

Offline Daidouji

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2007, 07:32:53 pm »
Ooh! There will be other Higurashi cosplayers yasy! I'm going to go as Rena and my friend is going to be Mion. I'm going to be in the white costume with the hat. ^-^ I think my friend is going in the Mion costume where she wears the pants. I hope it continues as planned, but I put it off to long so I have to buy it. i'm a failure I know...;_;. hahaha ^-^
Kumoricon 07- Rena *Higurashi no Naku Koro ni*
Sakuracon 07-Kaoru *Ouran High School Host Club*
Kumoricon 08-Sakura *Cardcaptor Sakura*
Sakuracon 08- Haruhi Suzumiya

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2007, 08:06:13 pm »
Ooh! There will be other Higurashi cosplayers yasy! I'm going to go as Rena and my friend is going to be Mion. I'm going to be in the white costume with the hat. ^-^ I think my friend is going in the Mion costume where she wears the pants. I hope it continues as planned, but I put it off to long so I have to buy it. i'm a failure I know...;_;. hahaha ^-^
huzzah~ another rena and mion~! We will have to have a Rena battle Daidouji if you're planning on making a machete :D and if I get to go to the con still ;^.^

BTW peoples lets try to get a shion and satoko :D

~2012 cosplay mofos~

Offline Daidouji

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2007, 08:07:39 pm »
OOh yes we shall! I want to make one but i'm not sure how I should go about doing so. Any suggestions?

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2007, 08:35:30 pm »
OOh yes we shall! I want to make one but i'm not sure how I should go about doing so. Any suggestions?
Well there's always cardboard but that might be not a good idea if you hit something with it or something. I was going to make mine out of wood that that would be hella heavy so I'm using upholstery foam and a type of paper mache that my friend does her props with ::{brown packing paper and straight Elmers glue XD}:: It works awesomely well is is what I'm currently making my handcuff for my bridget costume of. It's pretty dang strong and is light as well.

*Example of the awesomeness of the materials*
If you need any help you can pm me anytime :D

~2012 cosplay mofos~

Offline Daidouji

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2007, 08:43:20 pm »
Oooh! Thank you! I'll try that out, I'm going to my friends house and staying the night tomorrow, we can come up with a plan thanks to your advice. =D

Offline TsukikoAiko

• Chibi
    • The Guilty Brigade
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2007, 11:03:38 pm »
3 Mion's, 2 Keiichi's, 2 Rena's (unles ~boogiepop~ can't come, then 1) and a Rika.

I can't believe it. I remember it was just ~boogiepop~ and I. It just keeps getting bigger.

We do need to find a Shion and a Satoko. We could joke that Shion was in Mion's clothes though XD

Offline ygg

• Oni
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2007, 12:48:40 pm »
you need satoshi's bat.  as a single cosplay.

Offline TsukikoAiko

• Chibi
    • The Guilty Brigade
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2007, 05:57:26 pm »
Hehe, Satoshi's bat. Our group's Keiichi is trying to find a bat for that purpose. Sadly, depending on the time of the shoot on Monday he may not be able to come because he has to go back to Canada. If he has to leave we still have one Keiichi and a photographer for the shoot. *is proud she makes back up plans*

Offline misamisa

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2007, 12:36:03 pm »
What?!  More Higurashi cosplayers?  Another Mion?!
This is getting crazy!  ;D

So, I'm going ahead with the cosplay.  I'm not a cosplayer by any means, I don't even know how to sew...
But I figure the costume is simple enough that I can buy clothes and make alterations and enlist help if need be.
Seeing as I haven't even started the costume yet, I'm considering doing Shion too.  I don't know how well I could pull off her outfit though.  Too much leg... :P  Although the wig would be easier for Shion.  Damn ponytail.  Although I could always be Shion doing a Mion cosplay.  :D
The outfit I had originally started planning is Mion's school outfit with the pink skirt.  Due to limited time and abilities, this will probably be the only cosplay I'm pulling off for the con.  Although I might go ahead and do the yellow shirt with gun holster outfit too to wear another day.  It should be easy. 
If I don't run into any problems with getting my cosplay together maybe I'll go all out and do Shion on another day.  But then I'd need two wigs, as the other one will be fixed into a perma-ponytail.  Then there will be the decision of which outfit to wear for the shoot.

Well, this is all speculation at this point, but I'm completely jazzed that there's actually going to be a group of us.  I've become very motivated by this!  And I'm now determined to complete a costume for at least one of the Sonozaki twins for this con.

By the way, some of you have mentioned already, but what outfits are everyone else planning to do?
Also, is anyone planning to attend the mini-con on the 11th?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2007, 12:39:57 pm by misamisa »

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2007, 04:44:48 pm »
I'm doing rena's white dress :3
And I think if we have a lot of mions and your doing both costumes you should do shions costume for the shoot. Or better yet you can like wear one costume under the other and then rip off the top one and be like "RWAR MAGICAL CHANGE!!!!" but ignore me whatever you think is better for you XD
And I'm not going the mini con D: I live too far away

~2012 cosplay mofos~

Offline Daidouji

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2007, 11:08:11 pm »
I'm going to be white dress Rena as well. ^-^
And I'm not planning on going to the mini con either.

Offline TsukikoAiko

• Chibi
    • The Guilty Brigade
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2007, 09:50:59 pm »
I will be in Rika's school outfit, and as far as wigs go, I'm dying my hair blue. Hopefully everyone's taller then I am (5'1.5") ~Nipa!~

I'm really excited that this is turning into a larger group and I can't wait to see you guys on Monday. As soon as the schedule gets posted I'll be posting a time here and in the photoshoot thread.

Offline Daidouji

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2007, 10:49:11 pm »
Yay! i'm taller then you! I'm 5'3" or 5'4"! awesome! That'll work nicely i think. ^-^

Offline misamisa

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2007, 11:15:57 pm »
Ha, I was going to ask how tall everyone was too.
I was afraid of being a short Mion.  :P
I'm only about 5'3", but at least I'm taller than Rika!   ;)
I'm planning on wearing boots that'll add at least a couple inches.
By the way, I started gathering things for Mion's school outfit today.  YAY, progress!!

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2007, 11:24:33 pm »
Whoo Aiko already knows I'm taller than her :p
Yeah I'm 5'5-5'6~
I so 'cited X3

~2012 cosplay mofos~

Offline TsukikoAiko

• Chibi
    • The Guilty Brigade
« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2007, 11:29:18 pm »
*does the short and proud of it dance* Not only that, but most of your costumes have shoes with height, mine don't. If you guys want to see photos of Rika's costume in progress click on the myspace link in my sig, add us as friends and check out the danger zone photo folder.

Offline TsukikoAiko

• Chibi
    • The Guilty Brigade
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2007, 08:32:37 pm »
Alright guys. The photoshoot is Monday at 10AM in the park across from the Con. I was planning on holding off a while until the schedule came up, but spots are filling up fast and Monday not much happens anyway.

I wish everyone luck finishing up costumes, and I'll see you at the Con. ~*NIPPA!*~

Offline Valkie

• Cabbit
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2007, 12:16:05 am »
Hello fellow Higurashi cosplayers! <3 I'm the Mion that Daidouji mentioned was going. Due to the number of Mions we already have, I've decided to go as Shion instead to even things out a bit. =D Plus it'll be easier not having to get my wig into a ponytail, haha. I will most likely be going in her white shirt black miniskirt outfit. I'm going costume supply shopping tomorrow so I'll know for sure then. I look forward to seeing you all~! (Especially you, Mions. Bwahaha. No removing my fingernails please D:)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2007, 12:19:27 am by Valkie »

Offline TsukikoAiko

• Chibi
    • The Guilty Brigade
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2007, 10:39:08 pm »
YAY A SHION!

I'm going to be the only one cosplaying one of the younger kids. But I guess it works out, most of you hate Satoko anyway :p

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2007, 12:19:16 am »
YAY A SHION!

I'm going to be the only one cosplaying one of the younger kids. But I guess it works out, most of you hate Satoko anyway :p

SATOKO FAILS D:<

~2012 cosplay mofos~

Offline TsukikoAiko

• Chibi
    • The Guilty Brigade
« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2007, 02:07:35 pm »
YAY A SHION!

My point exactly....

Offline Valkie

• Cabbit
« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2007, 01:47:03 pm »
Hey now, I'm a Satoko fan. :O I sure don't want to cosplay as her though, I'd have to be quite a bit shorter to pull it off, haha.

edit: Oh yeah, does anyone have a pic of what Shion's shoes look like in her white shirt/short skirt o' doom outfit? I've been looking everywhere and haven't managed to find any halfway decent pics yet, all I've figured out is that they're small white shoes. So if anyone has a better pic, please let me know. :D
« Last Edit: August 11, 2007, 02:14:25 pm by Valkie »

Offline TsukikoAiko

• Chibi
    • The Guilty Brigade
« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2007, 03:26:53 pm »
Hey now, I'm a Satoko fan. :O I sure don't want to cosplay as her though, I'd have to be quite a bit shorter to pull it off, haha.

edit: Oh yeah, does anyone have a pic of what Shion's shoes look like in her white shirt/short skirt o' doom outfit? I've been looking everywhere and haven't managed to find any halfway decent pics yet, all I've figured out is that they're small white shoes. So if anyone has a better pic, please let me know. :D
The one good thing about being short is the ability to pull off the short ones ^_^ Makes getting lost in con lines a lot easier though XD

As far as Shion's shoes go I'll keep my eye out, but so far I haven't been able to find anything either. If I do I'll post it asap.

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2007, 11:03:23 pm »
Hey guys from the looks of it I won't be able to cosplay as Rena D: My mom doesn't have enough time.
BUT since I will have my wig and my machete I might go as RANDOM RENA covered in blood XD If I find a good fan art or something easy that I can just buy at goodwill I'm totally doing it :3 I'll defiantly be there for the photo shoot though~

~2012 cosplay mofos~

Offline kissarmy

• Chibi
    • Kisswars
« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2007, 07:45:55 am »
Hey guys from the looks of it I won't be able to cosplay as Rena D: My mom doesn't have enough time.
BUT since I will have my wig and my machete I might go as RANDOM RENA covered in blood XD If I find a good fan art or something easy that I can just buy at goodwill I'm totally doing it :3 I'll defiantly be there for the photo shoot though~

ya i remember the pic nikki.... you'll need a flock of bodyguards.... in that pe uniform....
www.myspace.com/parasolcosplay         
Kumoricon 08
~LEEROY JENKINS - World of Warcraft
~EPIC SECRET COSPLAY

Offline Valkie

• Cabbit
« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2007, 07:28:59 pm »

Ohh that's too bad. ; ; But RANDOM RENA would still be fun, bwahaha.

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #45 on: August 13, 2007, 09:55:55 pm »
And it official I'm going to go as Rena in her PE uniform. Like in the last arc with the squirt guns whoo!

~2012 cosplay mofos~

Offline TsukikoAiko

• Chibi
    • The Guilty Brigade
« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2007, 11:03:17 pm »

ya i remember the pic nikki.... you'll need a flock of bodyguards.... in that pe uniform....
Funny thing, she has bodyguards too. YAY for PE Rena and SUPER SECRET COSTUME CHANGE SURPRISE!!! *coughsyukatacoughs*

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #47 on: August 14, 2007, 08:26:06 am »

Funny thing, she has bodyguards too. YAY for PE Rena and SUPER SECRET COSTUME CHANGE SURPRISE!!! *coughsyukatacoughs*

Yay Yukatas :D I need to wash mine XD

~2012 cosplay mofos~

Offline TsukikoAiko

• Chibi
    • The Guilty Brigade
« Reply #48 on: August 15, 2007, 01:12:22 pm »
Hehe, I'll just need to iron mine using the hotels "ironing unit" as Shadowfate calls it. :P

17 Days....

Offline Daidouji

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #49 on: August 17, 2007, 04:12:34 pm »
My friend isn't going as Mion anymore, but she said she's going as Shion. ^-^

Offline TsukikoAiko

• Chibi
    • The Guilty Brigade
« Reply #50 on: August 18, 2007, 01:52:27 pm »
The closer the Con gets the more I can't wait till Monday, and YAY EPISODE 7 OF SEASON 2 WILL BE AIRING SOON IN JAPAN!!!

Offline Lin

• Catgirl
« Reply #51 on: August 18, 2007, 02:01:10 pm »
My bud is still going as Mion! She is in the school uniform! The skirts too long though so we have to shorten it!
Secrety secrets!

Offline TsukikoAiko

• Chibi
    • The Guilty Brigade
« Reply #52 on: August 19, 2007, 02:11:32 pm »
That was my problem with one of my costumes skirts. It's easier to shorten it at the waist then the bottom if it's pleated.

Offline Valkie

• Cabbit
« Reply #53 on: August 19, 2007, 09:53:29 pm »
The closer the Con gets the more I can't wait till Monday, and YAY EPISODE 7 OF SEASON 2 WILL BE AIRING SOON IN JAPAN!!!

I found episode 7 subbed on Veoh already yesterday and watched it...it was excellent. :D

Offline TsukikoAiko

• Chibi
    • The Guilty Brigade
« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2007, 06:07:48 pm »
I found episode 7 subbed on Veoh already yesterday and watched it...it was excellent. :D
Nice! I'll be watching it soon myself ^_^

Offline Yukina Blue

• Cabbit
« Reply #55 on: August 21, 2007, 01:46:56 pm »
I'm Lin's friend going as Mion.
I've noticed that there are a lot of Mions going.
It's odd.
Please keep your signature within a reasonable size.

Offline TsukikoAiko

• Chibi
    • The Guilty Brigade
« Reply #56 on: August 21, 2007, 05:19:58 pm »
Normally the only cosplayer pics I can find are of Rena. So far we have 2 Renas, *has lost count of Mions*, a Shion, a Keiichi (one had transportation problems so he wont be able to make it) and a Rika.

I saw Episode 7 today of Season 2. It makes me glad I'm going as Rika. ~Nippa~

Offline Valkie

• Cabbit
« Reply #57 on: August 21, 2007, 05:49:56 pm »
It's odd.
Yeah, with how many Mions there's gonna be, I'm glad I decided to be Shion. :O Now all the Mions will flock to me! Bwahaha!

Rika's been Awesomeness in season 2 (Hanyuu too!) so I'm glad you're going as her too! ^_~
« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 05:53:25 pm by Valkie »

Offline TsukikoAiko

• Chibi
    • The Guilty Brigade
« Reply #58 on: August 22, 2007, 12:37:17 am »
I knew there was a reason to love Rika from the first episode of Higurashi. Now I know why ^_^

Offline Yukina Blue

• Cabbit
« Reply #59 on: August 27, 2007, 07:40:36 pm »
It's odd.
Yeah, with how many Mions there's gonna be, I'm glad I decided to be Shion. :O Now all the Mions will flock to me! Bwahaha!

Rika's been Awesomeness in season 2 (Hanyuu too!) so I'm glad you're going as her too! ^_~
*clings* I call you as my Shion! MINE I SAY!!!!
RAWR!~
*sniffs* I wanna Shion for my own.... T.T
*cries*

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #60 on: August 27, 2007, 07:44:03 pm »
Well Rika-chan is mine~ I'm taking her home~!!! HAUUU!!!

~2012 cosplay mofos~

Offline TsukikoAiko

• Chibi
    • The Guilty Brigade
« Reply #61 on: August 27, 2007, 07:58:08 pm »
Well Rika-chan is mine~ I'm taking her home~!!! HAUUU!!!
^_^()
Umm....
Nippa?
Haha, why do I see the two Rena's grabbing one of my arms each and pulling? Just don't literally kill me alright guys, or I'll have to call Hanyuu XD

Offline Valkie

• Cabbit
« Reply #62 on: August 28, 2007, 12:49:04 pm »
*cries*

Oh don't you worry, I'll be your Shion, my darling twin! *hides tazer behind back* ^_~

Offline Yukina Blue

• Cabbit
« Reply #63 on: August 29, 2007, 02:20:07 am »
*cries*

Oh don't you worry, I'll be your Shion, my darling twin! *hides tazer behind back* ^_~
Hurray!
I love you sis!
*hides the syringe*

Offline TsukikoAiko

• Chibi
    • The Guilty Brigade
« Reply #64 on: August 30, 2007, 09:55:01 pm »
*hides from the twins* On that note....

I wont be posting again unles something crazy happens with the weather, but it looks like we're as lucky as we were last year.

I'll see you all at 10AM in the park on Monday....~*NIPPA!*~

Offline misamisa

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #65 on: August 30, 2007, 10:15:27 pm »
Hey guys, long time no chat.  :'(
I've been soooo busy.  I can't believe the con's coming up so soon!  I'm rushing to finish my cosplay and get packed.

Anyway, here's my update:
I've decided to do two costumes for the con.  The first is Mion's school outfit, the second is Shion's school outfit from Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni Kai.  I don't know which one I'm going to wear for Monday's shoot yet though.

pic for reference:
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i129/hainekozawa/shimi.jpg
« Last Edit: August 30, 2007, 10:20:15 pm by misamisa »

Offline misamisa

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #66 on: August 30, 2007, 11:47:06 pm »
Have some pics!

here's my Mion:

The vest isn't quite accurate, but since I don't really have anytime left (I work all day tomorrow :() it's probably what I'll go with.  The boots aren't going to be accurate either, they're black instead of brown.  Oh well.  :P

This is Shion:

The color's are a bit off in the photo, the skirt's actually more of a blue.  I'm not bothering putting any kind of symbol on Shion's shirt though.  In the pics I have, it kind of looks like a little flower, but I don't have any pics that are detailed enough to go by, plus it's easier just to leave it as is.  I have the knee socks and the shoes are pretty close.

wigs:

These are the wigs I'm working with.
Mion's ponytail will probably end up a lot lower than she actually wears it simply because it's easier.  And her hair will be a bit wavier than usual.  :-X

Offline Teuvan

• Sailor Scout
    • Blogspot page.
« Reply #67 on: September 03, 2007, 06:29:45 pm »
Awesome shoot. I'm still in post-con shock, but I'll post the pictures I took later.
You've been among winebibbers and riotous eaters of flesh, haven't you?
I admit I told you to sell your body, but I did only mean your organs. - Excel

Offline emmyriceball

• Sailor Scout
    • Deviantart
« Reply #68 on: September 03, 2007, 07:35:44 pm »
I remember seeing most of you guys. I'm afraid I didn't see the Rika, but I kept seeing the Rena, Mion, and Shion everywhere. I even commented on the Rena's outfit early Sunday. I was thinking about saying "Hauu~ I want to take you home" but didn't muster up the courage to. x3

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #69 on: September 03, 2007, 08:51:35 pm »
YAY!!!! So awesome meeting everyone~~!!! X3 ::{hugs everyone in the higurashi group}::

~2012 cosplay mofos~

Offline Daidouji

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #70 on: September 03, 2007, 09:46:40 pm »
I remember seeing most of you guys. I'm afraid I didn't see the Rika, but I kept seeing the Rena, Mion, and Shion everywhere. I even commented on the Rena's outfit early Sunday. I was thinking about saying "Hauu~ I want to take you home" but didn't muster up the courage to. x3
Me Rena (white costume) or other Rena (P.E. uniform)? Who did you cosplay as? And I had so much fun at the photo shoot, you guys put an extra shot in my espresso! =D

Offline emmyriceball

• Sailor Scout
    • Deviantart
« Reply #71 on: September 03, 2007, 09:57:01 pm »
It was the white costume with hat Rena. :3 So that means it was you.
There was a Higurashi photo shoot? :o Wish I knew about it.

Offline Teuvan

• Sailor Scout
    • Blogspot page.
« Reply #72 on: September 04, 2007, 01:08:32 am »
So I got around to uploading the pictures I took at the shoot...

http://s229.photobucket.com/albums/ee89/Teuvan/Kumoricon%2007/

They're the last part of the album. Continues onto a second page.

Do note that this weekend was pretty much the first time I've ever seriously worked with a digital camera, and that I actually discovered zoom while taking pictures at this shoot. Still, I think I got some pretty good ones. I particularly like the pictures I got of Satoko.

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #73 on: September 04, 2007, 09:42:55 am »

Do note that this weekend was pretty much the first time I've ever seriously worked with a digital camera, and that I actually discovered zoom while taking pictures at this shoot. Still, I think I got some pretty good ones. I particularly like the pictures I got of Satoko.

You my friend, rock at life~ Those pictures look, PIMPTASTIC!

~2012 cosplay mofos~

Offline Daidouji

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #74 on: September 04, 2007, 10:11:01 am »
Awesome possum! Higurashi pictures, yay!

Offline TsukikoAiko

• Chibi
    • The Guilty Brigade
« Reply #75 on: September 04, 2007, 10:49:27 am »
YAY! Well sadly the photos on my camera didn't come out well, so I wont be posting them. I've decided that in the future I'll be wearing Rika's green dress since the school outfit, well honestly in the pics I have it makes me look, well large ^_^()

Hope to see you all at Sakuracon

Offline misamisa

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #76 on: September 04, 2007, 11:44:26 am »
Hey guys!  It was awesome meeting all of you at the con!  ;D
I was the schoolgirl Shion Saturday and at the Photoshoot, and the Mion on Sunday and after the shoot on Monday.
After discovering that there were no Mions at the shoot, I changed back into Mion and managed to meet back up with Shion for some fun pics. 

Higurashi fans are the best!  You guys were all so cool and the reaction I got from fans was amazing. <3  I got a lot of hugs.  In particular there was a Mako cosplayer from Nerima Daikon Brothers, a girl who cosplayed Haku from Naruto, and a girl who glomped me as soon as I arrived that were all so nice!   ;D    This was actually my first cosplay, and my second con.  I'm never attending a con without doing cosplay again, because it is just waaay more fun in cosplay.

I forgot to do the crazy Higurashi girl laugh at the photoshoot, but I did it as Mion in the halls later, and then for some fans in the parking garage, which got me a great WTF look from Kirk Thornton who happened to be passing by.   :D

Thank you for all the great photos you took, Teuvan!

« Last Edit: September 10, 2007, 09:12:50 pm by misamisa »

Offline TsukikoAiko

• Chibi
    • The Guilty Brigade
« Reply #77 on: September 04, 2007, 11:53:38 am »
I forgot to do the crazy Higurashi girl laugh at the photoshoot, but I did it as Mion in the halls later, and then for some fans in the parking garage, which got me a great WTF look from Kirk Thornton who happened to be passing by.   :D
Haha, I would've loved to see the look on his face.

Offline Daidouji

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #78 on: September 04, 2007, 01:16:39 pm »
Oh man! I'm sorry I missed Kirk passing by when you did that, haha. It would have been so funny!

Offline Valkie

• Cabbit
« Reply #79 on: September 04, 2007, 04:05:40 pm »
Thanks Teuvan for uploading the photoshoot pics! I found a few pics of poses I hadn't gotten, so thank you!  I'll upload my own pics pretty soon.

And it was so fun meeting everyone! Although I was very disappointed that no Mions came to the photoshoot, especially after how everyone said they were going as Mion. XD  But it was still a really great shoot. And I got some fun pics with Misamisa later in the day when she switched back to being Mion. ^__^

Well I'm off to watch Higurashi Kai episode 9, talk to you all later!

Offline misamisa

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #80 on: September 04, 2007, 11:37:39 pm »
Oh man! I'm sorry I missed Kirk passing by when you did that, haha. It would have been so funny!

It was great, because I didn't even notice he was there, and then I turn my head, and there's Kirk Thornton with an interesting look on his face.
But being that he is a voice actor, maybe it's possible that he was just thinking, "say, that girl has some great vocal abilities!"  XD j/k

Offline Teuvan

• Sailor Scout
    • Blogspot page.
« Reply #81 on: September 05, 2007, 04:34:26 pm »
I don't mean to sound like a crazily obsessed stalker or anything, but JESUS CHRIST...I can't get over how cute the Satoko (I think I've heard her referred to as a second Rena instead; I'm not sure) pictures turned out. I think it was seriously the cutest cosplay at the entire convention. At first, I only uploaded my favorite of the three pictures I took of her posing in front of the flowers, but I feel the need to share the other two as well.

http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/5108/picture134ke7.jpg
http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/152/picture133xm2.jpg

SO MOE I'M GONNA DIE!

If anyone has other good shots of her, I'd love to have them.

Offline TsukikoAiko

• Chibi
    • The Guilty Brigade
« Reply #82 on: September 05, 2007, 05:49:15 pm »
Due to time she didn't have time to style the wig or get the white dress done so she was PE Rena.

She was also Bridget on Saturday and Sunday. If you'd like to see more pictures and support our group add our group site to your myspace friends list. (in my signature)

I haven't updated our site yet as I am waiting for our photos from Darkain, but yeah, that's our didder queen ^_^

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #83 on: September 05, 2007, 09:57:49 pm »
I don't mean to sound like a crazily obsessed stalker or anything, but JESUS CHRIST...I can't get over how cute the Satoko (I think I've heard her referred to as a second Rena instead; I'm not sure) pictures turned out. I think it was seriously the cutest cosplay at the entire convention. At first, I only uploaded my favorite of the three pictures I took of her posing in front of the flowers, but I feel the need to share the other two as well.

http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/5108/picture134ke7.jpg
http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/152/picture133xm2.jpg

SO MOE I'M GONNA DIE!

If anyone has other good shots of her, I'd love to have them.

^.^ Thanks for saying my yukata costume was cute~ I'm glad that turned out well. I really like the pictures too XD

But I'm totally Rena and not Satoko ::{stabs Satoko}:: I'll probably have a better wig for Sakuracon.

~2012 cosplay mofos~

Offline kurosakiichigo666

• Chibi
« Reply #84 on: September 06, 2007, 08:27:22 pm »
YAY A SHION!

My point exactly....

I love Satoko-chan....
Co-Founder and VP of Parasol Corp. Cosplay. And you just lost the game...

Offline kurosakiichigo666

• Chibi
« Reply #85 on: September 06, 2007, 08:31:02 pm »

There wasn't a Satoko.....was there?
Co-Founder and VP of Parasol Corp. Cosplay. And you just lost the game...

Offline Daidouji

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #86 on: September 06, 2007, 08:53:13 pm »
Not that I'm aware of..XD.

Offline Valkie

• Cabbit
« Reply #87 on: September 06, 2007, 09:10:00 pm »
Quote from: kurosakiichigo666
I love Satoko-chan....
Yess a fellow Satoko fan! I always cry out in pain during the scene where Shion stabs her, I love her just that much >_>

And here's my kumoricon pictures: http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b258/Shiranna/Kumoricon%202007/

That's only a few of them, as I was too lazy to upload the rest. ^^;

Offline misamisa

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #88 on: September 10, 2007, 09:28:58 pm »
Hey everyone, I've finally uploaded my pics! 
This folder contains all the Higurashi pics I took:
http://s229.photobucket.com/albums/ee103/kyoya_hibari/Higurashi%20No%20Naku%20Koro%20Ni/
And here's my general Kumoricon photos folder:
http://s229.photobucket.com/albums/ee103/kyoya_hibari/