Author Topic: NekoPan Bakery @ Kumoricon '07!  (Read 21042 times)

Offline Ruriko

• Sailor Scout
    • NekoPan Maid Cafe and Bakery
NekoPan Bakery @ Kumoricon '07!
« on: June 10, 2007, 02:13:36 am »
NekoPan Maid Cafe & Bakery is going to have a booth in the Artist Alley this upcoming year!  

Treats and other cute things will be up for sale.

We hope you'll come by!!!

If anybody is curious about our staff, more detailed "menus" (they aren't going to be offered for Kumoricon, some of the items are too delicate, but they give you an idea of our style!), or FAQ about us, check out our website::

http://www.nekopanbakery.com

Hooray!

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2007, 07:27:53 am »
Weeee! I was hoping you guys would. This just gives me one more reason to stay in the Artist Alley for the entire weekend, heh Congratulations, y'all!

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Ruriko

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2007, 11:19:46 am »
Hehee Thank you!!!!!  We're going to have a lot of really awesome goodies, so I hope we can lure at least a few people into the Artist Alley.  :)  Thank you for your support!   :D

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2007, 12:59:22 pm »
i'm confused, i didn't think that the hotel would permit selling of food? i hope they do, and would be curious to see what you purvey, but you might have to check w/relations?
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline Ruriko

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2007, 01:11:39 pm »
We already talked with Eric, and he worked really hard with the Hotel, and told us that we finally got the OK.  :)  There are quite a few rules, but as long as we follow them, we should be golden.  Thank you for your concern, I really appreciate it!

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2007, 03:42:48 pm »
Quote from: "Ruriko"
We already talked with Eric, and he worked really hard with the Hotel, and told us that we finally got the OK.  :)  There are quite a few rules, but as long as we follow them, we should be golden.  Thank you for your concern, I really appreciate it!

Hey that's awesome! As a perpetual "nosher" (that's Yiddish for snacker) I have to wonder what you purvey? *is hungry just thinking about it*
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline Ruriko

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2007, 04:20:12 pm »
I know!!  I am so grateful to Eric for working so hard for us.  :)

Here is what we intend to serve~!  The menus will be updated on our website as we get things worked out in greater detail.....

#  Swank umbrella cookies especially designed for Kumoricon *3*
    #  Individual Fruit Tarts with cream cheese filling and fresh local berries
    #  Mexican Mocha Rice Treats
    #  Individual Pizzas
    #  Various cakes by the slice with rolled fondant (fillings and flavours will be added as they are decided)
    #  Sakura and Swirled butter cookies (we gave these out at the SakuraFest!)
    #  Local mint Iced Tea

What do you think?   :D

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2007, 04:23:06 pm »
slightly confused about the Mexican item, but I'm all for having local herbs in cooking (i'm a fan of bioregionalism), and i'm all for having something other than the ubiquitous caffeinated sodas available as beverage. event-themed items will probably be huge sellers for you. congrats!

Offline Ruriko

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2007, 04:27:42 pm »
They are flavoured like Mexican Chocolate.  Cinnamon and spices + chocolate = win!

I also had the same feeling the past few years that I've been to the con.  The first day, I'm fine, but the second day, I'd kill for a salad or anything other than sugar...  :)  I'm a big fan of local eating too, and I hope that you will find something 'nosh'-worth at our booth~!!  :3

Thank you very much, I appreciate it.   :oops:

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2007, 04:32:43 pm »
Ok, I guess I was unclear if you meant "mocha" or if it was a typo for "mochi", which would be more logical in terms of Japanese-themed event quisine, perhaps. I enjoy the spicy cocoa I've had that has been called Mexican.

The big problem for me is that I already will have spent most of my money getting to Anime Evolution, so I don't know if I'll be able to budget for food. But I would prefer to have food fans create than spendy hotel grub! Have you set your prices yet? Do you know if there will be others presenting culinary art?

Have you considered making pieces showcased in episodes of certain anime? Such as maybe the strawberry-picking episode of Card Captor Sakura, or stuff made at the student bakery in CLAMP school detectives or where Chi works in Chobits? Those would likely be hits, as well.

Offline Ruriko

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2007, 04:40:04 pm »
Thanks for the good ideas!!

We haven't set prices yet...and we are still fiddling with the menus.  :)  We are planning on doing the little bags of cookies (like what your girlfriend would give you) and the rest more along the lines of standard Maid Cafe fare.  Cute, fun, and nicely presented.  Similar to the Chobits Bakery + Bakery from Kiki's Delivery Service.  :3

Hehee, we thought about mochi, actually.  I think it turned out to be too much a risk for a first time booth at the Con, or too expensive....I don't remember, I'll ask the rest of the crew.  :)

Oh, and I really don't know if anybody else will be doing edibles....I hope so, it is a lot of fun to do!

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2007, 04:43:19 pm »
I look forward to meeting you and checking out your items. Hopefully your presence will also bring in hungry fangoers who might otherwise not be checking out Artists' Alley. As coordinator of the Fan Art programming in the Creation Station, I'm a huge fan of anything that draws crowds to anything at cons related to any kind of art. :)

Offline Ruriko

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2007, 04:47:18 pm »
We look forward to meeting you too~!!  :3  I hope that we can bring more people into the Artist Alley too!  We have a few friends that have done the Artist Alley at K'Con for the past few years, and have finally decided to join.  :)  

Thank you for your support!!!!!  It means a lot to us!

Oh, and if anybody is curious about our staff, more detailed "menus" (they aren't going to be offered for Kumoricon, some of the items are too delicate, but they give you an idea of our style!), FAQ about us, check out our website::

http://www.nekopanbakery.com

Hooray!

Offline bastett08

• Chibi
    • Angel Sorrows: The Official Tainted Angel Website (OS)
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2007, 10:04:05 pm »
*gets ubber excited while playing with her actions figures*  Weeeheheheheh!

And the chibis will be there for the con, too!  I totally want to try that Mexican Mocha treat.  That sounds oh so good!
Parents; be good to your kids.... they'll be choosing your nursing home.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2007, 10:56:59 pm »
Ah, the menu sounds delicious! *droolies*

Great to see, keep up the great work!

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Ruriko

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2007, 01:02:53 am »
Thank you Keri!!!  :3  We can't wait to see your lovely artwork!!  Like Rem said, hopefully it'll bring more people into the Artist Alley!  It's best to help each other out.

*snuggles to Keri and EveofAbyss*  You guys make me warm and fuzzy.  :3

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2007, 12:06:54 pm »

#  Swank umbrella cookies especially designed for Kumoricon *3*
What do you think?   :D

cool i was making some umbrella cookies too :) (not for sale just for eatting )
but yay i'm glad every thing worked out, i remeber see you all at the sakura fest yay keki!!! keki!!
.....do you get free cake if its your birthday  -.-?
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Ruriko

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2007, 01:51:07 pm »
Hehee maybe, I don't know.  :3  I'm sure you could at least have a bag of cookies!!   :D  Hooray for Sakura Fest!!  Everybody was so super awesome nice there....  ^_^  I agree!!  Hooray for keki!!!!  And for umbrella cookies!  Hehehee~!  Thanks for your support Superjaz!  <3

Offline Evaldas

• Chibi
    • Dancing Heron
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2007, 02:10:26 pm »
Hmm, I think you will be making a new friend this year! Last year, my friend would run taco bell errands so I could hang at my table. That would be spiffy if there something good just within reach....even if just some fresh mint tea. ^^

Offline Ruriko

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2007, 03:36:22 pm »
Hehee Hooray!!  I can't wait to meet you~!!  :3  I hated TacoBell so much after last year......We ate there like, every meal, it was terrible!!  >_<  I hope that we can do something that everybody will like.  

Unfortunately, I don't know if we can do the fresh mint tea this year.  Everything must be sealed before hand, and we have no way to seal our tea into a bottle...Alas, we are but a tiny little bakery....

Offline Evaldas

• Chibi
    • Dancing Heron
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2007, 10:19:53 am »
ah nuts. Well, talked to my friend who will be there this year and made an interesting suggestion...would there be table service...kinda like pizza delivery, but go around to artist table and tempt with your sweet treats? ... :wink:  :D

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2007, 10:38:24 am »
it would be awesome if you could have someone cosplay kiki and deliver treats on a broom!

btw, having run kc fanfic programming for a couple years i simply must know where that avatar photo came from!

Offline Ruriko

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2007, 10:56:51 am »
We were hoping for room to do table service, but I don't think there will be enough space for us this year.  I'm sure we could deliver to other Artist Alley booths....  :)  I would love for us to have actual table space so we could wait on people like in a real maid cafe... This is us~!!

A (sort of) mash up of all different maid cafe outfits....We have other cosplayers that might be willing to deliver things though-- is a possibility!

Offline Evaldas

• Chibi
    • Dancing Heron
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2007, 11:46:25 am »
Quote from: "RemSaverem"

btw, having run kc fanfic programming for a couple years i simply must know where that avatar photo came from!

Heh, I had to dig around in the archives and I found the link where I found the image. It was in a Livejournal Community call  Bad_RPers_Suck.

http://community.livejournal.com/bad_rpers_suck/3123959.html

Enjoy!  I knew at some point, someone was going to ask.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2007, 01:54:47 pm »
cute costumes, i think somewhere i still have my earliest "cosplay": magenta from rocky horror (6th grade talent show, i choreographed and performed in the time warp!)...it *kinda* still fits though i'm much chubbier now lol

meantime mind if i post that image to my fanfic community?

Offline totemo_oishii

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2007, 06:48:09 pm »
I'm so excited! ♥ I will definitely be stopping by to get some treats. :3

I looked at your website, and I love the comic with Totoro in it! Super cute! ♥ *_____*

Offline Evaldas

• Chibi
    • Dancing Heron
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2007, 07:38:35 pm »
Quote from: "RemSaverem"
cute costumes, i think somewhere i still have my earliest "cosplay": magenta from rocky horror (6th grade talent show, i choreographed and performed in the time warp!)...it *kinda* still fits though i'm much chubbier now lol

meantime mind if i post that image to my fanfic community?

Sure, I don't own it, and I "stole" it from someone else...so help yourself! Do share the Picard love. ^^

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2007, 10:14:40 pm »
Hehee maybe, I don't know.  :3  I'm sure you could at least have a bag of cookies!!

woot free cookies for jaz!!! <3
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2007, 07:15:43 am »
We were hoping for room to do table service, but I don't think there will be enough space for us this year.  I'm sure we could deliver to other Artist Alley booths....  :)  I would love for us to have actual table space so we could wait on people like in a real maid cafe... This is us~!!

A (sort of) mash up of all different maid cafe outfits....We have other cosplayers that might be willing to deliver things though-- is a possibility!

haha, that is a cute drawing! And if you are ever in need of a big burly guy with a gunarm who talks like Mr. T to deliver some cookies. I'm your guy! ^_^

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Ruriko

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2007, 12:13:21 pm »
You guys are so awesome.  :3 

I'm also proud to announce the addition of::

Ramune Cupcakes

Lychee Cupcake

Rainbow Cupcakes (because 80's anime is love....)

Green Tea Chocolate Cupcakes

Pocky Club Cupcakes!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2007, 12:28:12 pm by Ruriko »

Offline leashy

• Catgirl
    • http://www.myspace.com/leashychan
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2007, 09:40:03 pm »
Ahh I just saw the shout out to me on the site!

You're welcome for the pictures, those cookies were the best so it was more than a fair trade!! I can't wait to see you guys at k-con!!

Offline Ruriko

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2007, 11:33:57 pm »
Hehehee thanks again, Leashy!!!  Looking forward to seeing you at the con too!!!!!  :3

Offline totemo_oishii

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2007, 09:30:48 am »
Ramune cake? No way! I'm so excited to try it. ♥

Offline dakrum

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.myspace.com/daks_mind
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2007, 01:36:05 pm »
yum ramune cake =D~~
THE anime list
now known as dakiro

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2007, 10:33:57 am »
MMM ramune cake. That should be very interesting....and very delicious.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Ruriko

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2007, 03:08:57 pm »
Here are pictures of our Green Tea Cake and our Ramune cake....

~Green Tea Chocolate Cake~

I made the Ramune cake for Ms. Poms' farewell party (she went off to Japan for a little while, the stinker) so that's why there is Bon Voyage written on it.....

~Ramune Cake with gumball marbles~

Miau~!

Offline Evaldas

• Chibi
    • Dancing Heron
« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2007, 12:23:50 am »
The Green Tea Chocolate cakes looks too good to eat. ^^

Offline totemo_oishii

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2007, 09:31:22 am »
They look delicious!

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2007, 10:40:14 am »
Awesome.

Your booth needs to be right on the corner next to Pocky Club!

We can send people out on deliveries together!
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline Ruriko

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #39 on: July 02, 2007, 12:50:37 pm »
That would be so awesome.  ^_^  But none of us know anything about deliveries.... Would we have to have anyone to teach us?

I hope that we get a nice booth!  We are all so excited!  :3

Thank you~!!!!

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #40 on: July 02, 2007, 03:08:42 pm »
That would be so awesome.  ^_^  But none of us know anything about deliveries.... Would we have to have anyone to teach us?

Well you probably wouldn't NEED anyone to teach you guys. You're all  smart enough. If you wanted help though I'm sure there's someone around with experience in making delivereis to people at conventions...  8)
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline Ruriko

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #41 on: July 02, 2007, 03:47:42 pm »
Oh Ok!!!  I didn't know if there was any sort of Pocky Love Protocol.....  

I will set to work on a Pocky cake in honour of Pocky club.

You will like.

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #42 on: July 02, 2007, 04:11:10 pm »
:oops:

Oh my goodness, really? Wow.

Pocky club has our own forms and paperwork to fill out if a congoer wishes us to deliver Pocky to their friends, having a cellphone number and a description written down for the delivery person really helps. However when the Club want s ot deliver Pocky because we're being nice to someone we just hunt them down ourselves. Those are the skills that might come in handy.

And when I say skills I mean an intimate familiarity with the convention space and good lines of communication with the yojimbo and other staff. 8)

If you have trouble getting some sweets to a person I'll be glad to help.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline laurifer

• Catgirl
« Reply #43 on: July 02, 2007, 09:58:59 pm »
Wow the Ramune cake sounds interesting...if it's Ramune, it's gotta be good!

Sig by me~~~

Cosplay for '08:
Probably none D:

Offline Ruriko

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #44 on: July 03, 2007, 02:02:33 am »
It's really nice!!  It's like, the best birthday cake ever.  We eat a whole cake in no time.  :3  I hope you guys will like it as much as we do.

Offline Kuranberi

• Oni
    • NekoPan Maid Café & Bakery
Re: NekoPan Bakery @ Kumoricon '07!
« Reply #45 on: July 28, 2007, 09:09:12 pm »
It kills me that I've been on the opposite side of the country and therefore unable to taste your test-kitchen goodies... I DREAM OF CAKE!

Offline Naleh

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #46 on: August 24, 2007, 12:14:15 am »
*drools* that...that menu sounds so good... TT_TT <-happy tears

I wouldn't mind being your guys' indentured servant for a bit just to try some of your sweets...
K-con 08-
ANBU! (Rawr!)
Tobi :D

Remember kids! An apple a day, keeps the Shinigami sane!

Also please don't hate the plantman....Zetsu's a people person. (nomnomnom XD)

Offline Evaldas

• Chibi
    • Dancing Heron
« Reply #47 on: August 24, 2007, 08:25:38 am »
I just want to thank Eric for putting my table right across from you guys. :D

Offline Teuvan

• Sailor Scout
    • Blogspot page.
« Reply #48 on: August 31, 2007, 12:14:31 am »
I'll be sure to buy lots. You guys will probably be providing me with one of the very few meals I'll make time for this weekend.
You've been among winebibbers and riotous eaters of flesh, haven't you?
I admit I told you to sell your body, but I did only mean your organs. - Excel

Offline totemo_oishii

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #49 on: August 31, 2007, 07:37:44 am »
Laurifer and I are manning the Pocky Club booth sometimes, so glad we're close to Nekopan! ♥