Author Topic: Random Question Game  (Read 557269 times)

Offline MichaelEvans

• Catgirl
Re: Random Question Game
« Reply #1150 on: October 01, 2007, 03:34:43 am »
I was always the nerdiest person in all my classes.  I never had a chance to ridicule someone for their intelligence, although I've broken many a face over the issue of social ineptitude.

What is your favourite non-living thing?

Also, I made an error.  Water's dihydrogen monoxide.  xP
A: I'd have to say the Internet (and all required to make it usable.).

Q: If you had Really fast (We're talking Asian suburb/city speeds here. at least 20megaBytes per second connection speed.) internet connection, and a choice between buy it now, download it now (and have some legal certificate of ownership mailed/emailed in PDF or whatnot.), or order it online, or try the local brick and mortar solutions; which would you use to buy something right now, and what would it be?
---
Staff 2007-2010
2010-2008: Website Development (So very very much in the last month before the convention at last; Good thing I'm looking for work x.x and have the spare time ~.~)
2007: Website Administration (Mascot Voting Input, Live Schedule)

Offline megchan

• Sailor Scout
    • An LJ that DOESN'T have locked entries?!
« Reply #1151 on: October 01, 2007, 05:59:56 pm »
^ Download Speed: 14109 kbps, Upload Speed: 1589 kbps

V best fictional news caster?
Anakin, you're breaking my heart if you don't come to "I'd Just as Soon Kiss a Wookiee: A Star Wars Panel" at Kumoricon!

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #1152 on: October 02, 2007, 04:22:09 pm »
Dan Rather! HA!

Best supporting character in an anime drama?
Have Fun

Jay

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1153 on: October 02, 2007, 06:10:06 pm »
^ I don't know if this counts, but the little 4-year-old girl in Grave of the Fireflies.

V Are you afraid of the dark?
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline Black~Rose

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
« Reply #1154 on: October 02, 2007, 08:00:13 pm »
^ haha yes, I hate being alone outside in the dark especially.

V Is it weired to love black and red and at the same time be afraid of the dark?

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #1155 on: October 02, 2007, 08:01:04 pm »
It beats loving black and blue!

What is going to be your next anime/manga purchase?
Have Fun

Jay

Offline MichaelEvans

• Catgirl
« Reply #1156 on: October 02, 2007, 08:31:54 pm »
What is going to be your next anime/manga purchase?
A: I actually have no idea.  If I could actually purchase licence rights to any licensed fansub before the DVD comes out, but after someone has bought distribution rights in the US, so I could legally keep watching it there are probably several things I'd get on impulse buy.  (Well, provided it were < $1 per episode when I buy a whole season, including later (or now...) downloading high quality video tracks and later having the English dubs and official subs for download and inclusion.)

Q: If you could purchase Anime as listed above, including anything rare/back-ordered or just too expensive to add to your collection without the price caveat, what would your first purchase be?
---
Staff 2007-2010
2010-2008: Website Development (So very very much in the last month before the convention at last; Good thing I'm looking for work x.x and have the spare time ~.~)

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #1157 on: October 02, 2007, 10:16:11 pm »
Oof. Man, I still have so much to see yet, to make a good decision in that regard. And I certainly don't know enough as to values, not like I know what my X-Men #100 is worth. right now, I'd be happy to get my special edition Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, #3. But there have been somethings, that I haven't been able to watch, as Netflix has had troubles with certain discs, and none are available, nor can be purchased.

That, and as I use the computer at work, I am not downloading fansubs, here.

Ok, I choose, no, not Pikichu, Kenichi, the World's Strongest Disciple.

Are you already sick of the rain?
Have Fun

Jay

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1158 on: October 03, 2007, 12:17:45 am »
Nah, not really.  Just when I have to bike somewhere.

Where would you go?
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline SageBell

• Bunnygirl
    • Its a fan page, do the liking
« Reply #1159 on: October 03, 2007, 04:58:07 pm »
go play a soccer game...world cup in the rain. man best sport ever. in the rain

\/when it rains do you run out to go just be in the rain
(\ /)
 (. .)
c(")(")

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #1160 on: October 03, 2007, 08:56:54 pm »
^ Nope, I call that mowing the lawn.

Which is better, fansubs, or the licensed product?
Have Fun

Jay

Offline MichaelEvans

• Catgirl
« Reply #1161 on: October 03, 2007, 09:44:08 pm »
Which is better, fansubs, or the licensed product?
This depends, Largely I'd say the fansubs are better (the better ones often translate the little things and add caption notes for elements that would otherwise be lost in translation), but you can get horrible fansubs as well.  They also have the major benefit of being expedient, very rarely is anything backed by any real level of interest (yes there are exceptions) delayed by more then a week from original air-date.  The licenced products meanwhile suffer from all the often noted ills of physical distribution channels.  Including the markup problems, scale to demand issues, and the risks associated with producing a run you don't know the demand for.

Ideally, as noted in a prior post, an alternate distribution model that combines the virtue of being easily recognised as legitimate could be combined with every other thing fansubs have gotten correct.

Q: In a related note, if you were downloading the content (via IP address secured torrent for example), and thus helping to provide some distribution channel backing, what would you be willing to pay for: A, a third rate, it fills time, anime?  B, An average, nice to watch, but you could live without anime?  C, Something often awesome and worthy of actually buying when it reaches even physical distribution channels? (This would be Hellsing level anime... Bleach, for me, unfortunately falls in between this and the prior category, lots of fillers... not quite DVD worthy there.)
---
Staff 2007-2010

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #1162 on: October 03, 2007, 10:20:26 pm »
That's just it isn't it? How would I know if it's "Shelf Worthy" or not, until I have seen it? And are my tastes very similar to a reviewer. I don't know if you remember Gene Siskel or not, but his tastes, or the movies he enjoyed were more to my liking than Roger Ebert's. Although Ebert is probably the more qualified critic. I think sometimes you gotta take a chance on discovering gold. But, you get too many pans of dirt, and it won't happen. Generally, I think a good rule of thumb would be how well it is received in Japan before it gets subbed. I but stuff that is trashy, but it tickles my fancy, e.g. Vandread, Nuku Nuku Cultural Cat Girl, Green Green.

But, I don't have my laptop Internet capable, nor is the computer at work a good option for downloading stuff. Poor thing has 9 personas, it has such a difficult time. More ram, more ram!

What groups do you like for fansubs?
Have Fun

Jay

Offline MichaelEvans

• Catgirl
« Reply #1163 on: October 05, 2007, 11:56:17 pm »
V Favorite Anime still being fansubed?
Hum... No, I think I'll pass on answering this one.  It's too much like picking a favourite child.
---
Staff 2007-2010

Offline majinekochan

• Catgirl
« Reply #1164 on: October 08, 2007, 07:48:25 am »
^yup I've got 18 credits this quarter and a part in the fall play and my theater job. It's funn.

V Ever acted?

Offline MichaelEvans

• Catgirl
« Reply #1165 on: October 08, 2007, 08:30:12 am »
V Ever acted?
A: Not professionally.  Of course those silly school plays/skits when you're a kid shouldn't count, everyone's done that.

V: How many profiles (Different spaces of separated relations/activities, that you actively keep from knowing each other.) do you have, and if you had to name the one that you are letting Kumoricon be part of, what would it be named?

(My answer to my own question: 2, Public face. (The other can be assumed to be Private face, though that isn't it's proper name, if you know me well, and gain deep trust, or would happen to exist within that other profile by other association (and if you're in good standing with Kumoricon you'd already have enough trust.) I'd let you know the real name(s) of it.))
---
Staff 2007-2010

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1166 on: October 08, 2007, 09:19:46 am »
^ If I understand what you're asking, I am Washougal_Otaku of the Kumoricon forums, Washu of the Clark Anime & Japanese Club forums, and Raider_Otaku of the Ultimate Tomb Raider forums.

V Favorite anime that you saw fan-dubbed ONLY?

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1167 on: October 08, 2007, 12:10:01 pm »
^ Hmm, I'd have to say either Hajime no Ippo (Fighting Spirirt) or 2x2 Shinobuden (Ninja Nonsense).

V Favorite ring tone?

Offline pieisexactlythree

• Catgirl
    • Flickr
« Reply #1168 on: October 08, 2007, 12:14:58 pm »
I like my phone to sound like a phone, so the one that goes, ring ring, ring ring.
V do you have a favorite us anime distributor/dubber?  (i.e., Geneon, ADV etc.?)  I happen to like Geneon's voice cast the best. 

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1169 on: October 08, 2007, 12:29:13 pm »
^ ADV.

V Are you excited that we are now at 100 pages of random questions?

Offline MichaelEvans

• Catgirl
« Reply #1170 on: October 08, 2007, 12:57:44 pm »
V: How many profiles (Different spaces of separated relations/activities, that you actively keep from knowing each other.) do you have, and if you had to name the one that you are letting Kumoricon be part of, what would it be named?

(My answer to my own question: 2, Public face. (The other can be assumed to be Private face, though that isn't it's proper name, if you know me well, and gain deep trust, or would happen to exist within that other profile by other association (and if you're in good standing with Kumoricon you'd already have enough trust.) I'd let you know the real name(s) of it.))
^ If I understand what you're asking, I am Washougal_Otaku of the Kumoricon forums, Washu of the Clark Anime & Japanese Club forums, and Raider_Otaku of the Ultimate Tomb Raider forums.
Actually no, you didn't really understand/answer it.  Though it is a good attempt, it sounds quite clear that you would not mind any of those activities mixing, in fact, they seem VERY likely to mix well.  (Unlike my work self (hey I want someone to pay me for being useful... so I have time to...), and my volunteer self (I get to try to make the world a better place according to my ideals.))
---
Staff 2007-2010

Offline MichaelEvans

• Catgirl
« Reply #1171 on: October 08, 2007, 12:59:14 pm »
V Are you excited that we are now at 100 pages of random questions?
A: No.  Mostly because I've not read at least 90 of them.

Q: Roughly on average, how often do you typically check through forum areas where your posts count?
---
Staff 2007-2010

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #1172 on: October 08, 2007, 03:20:37 pm »
In relation to you, it would be considered an allergy, must stay away from, but to say Waffles, I'm hooked on SPAMics.

Are you any good at tongue twisters?
Have Fun

Jay

Offline pieisexactlythree

• Catgirl
    • Flickr
« Reply #1173 on: October 08, 2007, 03:27:42 pm »
^ About as good as Chio-chan. 

V Do you know any limericks that aren't about some dude from Nantucket?

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #1174 on: October 08, 2007, 08:10:55 pm »
That is the only one I memorized, as I had only heard a couple of lines, so made myself figure it out.  I could make one for you.

What good is a limerick that isn't a little dirty?
Have Fun

Jay

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1175 on: October 09, 2007, 07:03:40 am »
^ Not very.

Actually no, you didn't really understand/answer it.  Though it is a good attempt, it sounds quite clear that you would not mind any of those activities mixing, in fact, they seem VERY likely to mix well.  (Unlike my work self (hey I want someone to pay me for being useful... so I have time to...), and my volunteer self (I get to try to make the world a better place according to my ideals.))

I still don't get what you mean.

V Do you wear corrective lenses?

Offline majinekochan

• Catgirl
« Reply #1176 on: October 09, 2007, 07:38:36 am »
^yes, yes i do. I can't see 6 inches infront of my face with out my glasses or contacts

V what do you do in the morning before school?

Offline megchan

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #1177 on: October 09, 2007, 06:27:55 pm »
^ I use the one in the office I work in. Partially to work, partially to goof off on the internets when my boss is in meetings

V  What is your favourite building to be in?
Anakin, you're breaking my heart if you don't come to "I'd Just as Soon Kiss a Wookiee: A Star Wars Panel" at Kumoricon!

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #1178 on: October 09, 2007, 08:12:08 pm »
^ Usually my house, but stuff has been backing up there of late, so it isn't as fun as it used to be, but it still beats work!

V Do you almost always forget the great random question you were going to ask?
Have Fun

Jay

Offline MichaelEvans

• Catgirl
« Reply #1179 on: October 09, 2007, 10:18:38 pm »
^ Usually my house, but stuff has been backing up there of late, so it isn't as fun as it used to be, but it still beats work!

V Do you almost always forget the great random question you were going to ask?
I agree on the house thing, and...
^: Yes, I do often forget great random questions for here... but more often I have to think up something new with limited mental entropy.

V: How much sleep do you normally get (average), verses how much sleep you would get when you were allowed to (and actually) sleep in?
---
Staff 2007-2010

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1180 on: October 09, 2007, 10:51:45 pm »
Looking forward to seeing you again soon. . . NAKED.

What was the first word you saw in this post?

Offline MichaelEvans

• Catgirl
« Reply #1181 on: October 09, 2007, 11:17:41 pm »
Looking forward to seeing you again soon. . . NAKED.

What was the first word you saw in this post?
Naked of course.  (Where'd you hide the camera?)

As far as sleep... 6, and 9 for me x.x;

V: Where would you hide a camera (if you could get away with it.)?  Alternately, what already placed camera would you like to get away with getting footage from?
---
Staff 2007-2010

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1182 on: October 10, 2007, 06:55:31 pm »
Right after post number 1500-GET.

What do you look at before clicking on a thread?

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #1183 on: October 11, 2007, 04:40:26 pm »
^ I bet not one tenth of the ones you do.

V Where do I go to register my pet zombie with the ACLU?
Have Fun

Jay

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #1184 on: October 11, 2007, 06:27:29 pm »
Funny you should ask. I just am getting over a cold. I haven't been sick pretty much since my ex-wife left. Which would be about 3 years. So all my classes are about as stressful as my ex-wife. lol

What's for supper gran'pa?
Have Fun

Jay

Offline PhantmK

• Chibi
« Reply #1185 on: October 11, 2007, 08:04:48 pm »
^ Cheese and broccoli soup

V Is taking the chance worth it?
Sometimes you just gotta pull out the stops give it your all and know that you will come out the other end alive, well, and ready for the next challenge. 
I'm still waiting for the next one.

Offline laurifer

• Catgirl
« Reply #1186 on: October 11, 2007, 08:23:10 pm »
^ Depends

v Do you shower in the morning or evening?

Sig by me~~~

Cosplay for '08:
Probably none D:

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #1187 on: October 11, 2007, 08:33:11 pm »
^ By the time I get around to it, it's already afternoon. But it is before I go to work. Sometimes I need one after work. And sometimes I take one just because it's a great way to get warm. Man I love having a gas water heater!

Do you think we will figure it out before or after it's too late?
Have Fun

Jay

Offline megchan

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #1188 on: October 11, 2007, 09:10:47 pm »
^ After. 20/20 hindsight.

V how do you feel about the new guy?

Offline Seraph

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1189 on: October 12, 2007, 10:19:56 am »
^ one that lets me stay home, sit back, play games, and chill

V  what event/omen tells you that the lake of fire in hell has frozen over?
"Hm, the Moe is strong with this one..."
Kylite-"You and your TV Tropes!"<Refering to This Troper's ruined voc

Offline risotto

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #1190 on: October 12, 2007, 05:34:27 pm »
^ I think I'm the annoying sibling of the family D:

V Have you purchased doujinshi before?

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1191 on: October 12, 2007, 05:52:14 pm »
^yes....when i was in japan i bought FMA "flower flower bomb bomb
V do you like sammichs ham sammichs!!!
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1192 on: October 13, 2007, 11:47:36 pm »
No.  I like kittehz.

Do you like kittehz?

Offline Lit_of_Fey

• Chibi
    • http://yuri-lawliet.deviantart.com/
« Reply #1193 on: October 13, 2007, 11:51:27 pm »
^ only when they're mai kittehhhh (z)

v what is the capital of CAKE TOWN!!
Someday...I'll get around to you.

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1194 on: October 14, 2007, 02:02:58 am »
Typically.  Beats the hell out of the dictionary.

Am you sarcasm?

Offline Lit_of_Fey

• Chibi
« Reply #1195 on: October 14, 2007, 10:07:55 am »
Only in frappuchinos

Is it have a internets?

Offline megchan

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #1196 on: October 14, 2007, 10:21:32 am »
^ No.

V how many book shelves do you have?

Offline Lit_of_Fey

• Chibi
« Reply #1197 on: October 14, 2007, 10:23:20 am »
^ Well in my dorm.. there's like...half a one...sort of. I pile as many books in there and then keep the rest in my giant-a$$ trunk. (yes....I've got lots of junk in my trunk.)

v if someone paid you a million dollars would you assassinate me?

Offline megchan

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #1198 on: October 14, 2007, 10:30:03 am »
^ If I was guarenteed not to get caught, yes. Nothing personal, but I have to pay for grad school in a couple years :<

V how SERIOUS BUSINESS are you?

Offline Lit_of_Fey

• Chibi
« Reply #1199 on: October 14, 2007, 10:31:59 am »
^ When it comes to video games. I is a hella seriose businesses.

v What's the word that makes you go "AHHHHH I'M GONNA GO CRAZY!" if you hear it?