Author Topic: Wii why do you forsake me!!!!  (Read 5016 times)

Offline RoamingGnome

• Chibi
    • The Roaming Gnome
Wii why do you forsake me!!!!
« on: June 04, 2007, 05:21:03 pm »
Sorry for the outburst.  I'm just getting tired of trying to find a wii basic set and finding that they are all out of stock but hey if you want to spend twice as much you can get a bundle.  Now I know it probably is a great deal and all but I just want to get started and I can afford the basic set but not the super bundles they are selling.   I guess I will just have to wait until nintendo decides to double their output.

Offline kyonichi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2007, 06:36:08 pm »
Hey, at least you can find something on the shelves now.  At least it gives you some kind of hope, as opposed to the days when you had to camp your favorite retailer on shipment day to get one.

Offline RoamingGnome

• Chibi
    • The Roaming Gnome
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2007, 06:47:50 pm »
Well I keep on waiting.  Supposedly in April Nintendo was saying they would push to put out larger amounts of Wii's

Offline Greyman

• Cabbit
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2007, 08:17:47 pm »
Its true, Wii's are starting to actually stay in the stores. We've had wii's overnight twice in the last month. That hasnt ever happened before. If you want to know some tips on getting one, here's what I've picked up from being close with them since launch.

Weekdays are basically anything goes. Anyone 'could' have them in stock. Though when it comes to eb games and gamestops, they get shipments in usually around 11 to 1, and could have wii's on any weekday. They get no shipments on weekends, so it's futile to check unless they got them on friday and no one bought. I'd give any in your area a call around noonish. If one store says they got some but are sold out, call another gamestop. They usually get them in on the same day.

Weekends, as I said, eb games and gamestops are no go (this includes Software Etc. and babbages). Mostly, I hear people dropping by a fred meyer sunday mornings, and finding them then. Larger department stores should also carry them every couple of weekends.

These'll all be standard basic 250 dollar set ups. I know costco usually gets a ton at a time, but they usually only sell them in bundles.
'My complete disbelief in this reality is the one thing keeping me from going insane' - old motto

'My old motto has failed me! Reality intrudes! Prepare for insanity!' -new motto

Offline ThiefKingsHier

• Catgirl
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2007, 10:09:13 pm »
I actually got one for Christmas.

It was a huge suprise cuz I told everyone " All I really want is a Wii. But dont waste your time trying to find one. I can get it later"

Apparently I was really lucky too,

My grandpa tried three differant places. The third didnt have any but was going to get a shipment sometime that week.
On the way out of the store my grandpa ran into the UPS guy who was delivering 2 Wii systems. xD

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2007, 01:42:43 pm »
I got mine the day after Christmas, I attacked some mothers for it >.>
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline guspasho

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2007, 05:02:12 pm »
I don't touch bundles with a ten foot pole. It could be a great deal, if you like paying full price for a bunch of crappy games and only saving maybe $5 over if you bought the system and all those crappy games individually.

Wait until the manufacturers start offering bundles. Back in the day you could find some pretty good games with a GameCube or Xbox for no additional cost. But do not under any circumstances buy any retailer's bundles.

What you can do is check the gaming blogs religiously. gonintendo.com and www.kotaku.com are a few that I check that I've seen post when they hear rumors of stores hoarding systems for a weekend release. I believe last weekend was just such an occasion, where Circuit City and another place had gotten some systems in.

Also, check the stores' websites. CompUSA in particular, you can search for a particular product and it can tell you if there are any on the shelves in a particular store. Try it with all the stores you can think of.
2008 Facilities Liaison

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2007, 11:14:24 pm »
i want to get a wii some day in the near future when they show up in stores, they realy arnt too spendy and we already have a ps3
i just rest in the happy knolage that when we do get a wii it will be for 225 instead of 250 yay saved money
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline SonicBoor

• Cabbit
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2007, 10:39:16 pm »
Oh god are they hard to find. Pinkrandomattack's parents bought us a Wii for christmas...and by "bought us" I mean "gave us a picture of one and said 'find it, buy it, we'll pay you back"

Its june.

We've still got a picture of a Wii.

Argh.