Author Topic: AMV Help!  (Read 3376 times)

Offline VampireFangs103

• Catgirl
AMV Help!
« on: May 25, 2007, 05:41:37 pm »
So I've never made an AMV before, but I really want to. I know how to use Windows Movie Maker perfectly fine and stuff. I just need to know how to get the clips from my anime dvds to the comp. And I need details because I am a brainless creature. XP Heeeeeeeeeeeeelp please. ^^'''

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
AMV Help!
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2007, 07:07:13 am »
Well, you need a dvd ripper for such an action. If you're opposed to actually buying a program, (like me, because I'm cheap), then may I suggest AoA DVD Ripper. It is free, and just a trial, but the trial doesn't run out, you can use it forever. The only restriction is you can only import 10 minutes of footage at a time. Not too bad, though. Anyway, go here: http://www.aoamedia.com/dvd_ripper.htm and just download the program. Install it, run it, put your dvd/anime in your compie, in the programs window, I have found that importing by chapter works best, but the chapters may be too long, if so, then you will have to import by some other way. Don't worry though, there are several methods within the program, all displayed on the left side of the window. Chapter, etc. And, umm, once you do that, depending on what file type you saved the clips as, you can then import them into Windows Movie Maker, or you can convert them with some other program and then import them into WMM. Either way, hope this helps, and best of luck with your AMV'ing!

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline VampireFangs103

• Catgirl
AMV Help!
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2007, 06:15:52 pm »
Zomg! Thank you so much! Thanks to you, I was able to make my first AMV! *parties* *huggles* Thanks a ton!

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
AMV Help!
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2007, 06:58:36 pm »
Ah, goodie! I'm happy to hear it. What was your anime of? Will you be entering it for any contests this year? Well, best of fortune in the future, either way. ^_^

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!